Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Have Rough First Game at Seattle
(07-22-2019, 09:51 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: The Bengals are like the Reds . . . they both suck on the West Coast.

Bengals are 5-1 in their last 6 west coast games going back to 2010. The only loss was last year @LAC.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 12:00 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Bengals are 5-1 in their last 6 west coast games going back to 2010. The only loss was last year @LAC.

What is their record pre-Dalton?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 12:26 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: What is their record pre-Dalton?

I dunno, I'm not going through every single year and adding all that up lol. Why does it matter? They've been good out there recently and I don't think how they did out west when Akili Smith was on the roster really tells us all that much about the current group of guys.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 12:31 AM)NKURyan Wrote: I dunno, I'm not going through every single year and adding all that up lol. Why does it matter? They've been good out there recently and I don't think how they did out west when Akili Smith was on the roster really tells us all that much about the current group of guys.

Aw screw it, I found a short cut. 

Bengals are 7-11 all time @Chargers (LA and SD), 2-1 all time @Rams while in LA, 2-14 all time @Raiders (LA and OAK), 2-5 all time @49ers, and 4-4 all time @Seahawks for a grand total of 17-35 out west. Full disclosure, I may have miscounted at some point but that should be pretty close.

Good thing the Raiders are moving to Las Vegas - the Bengals are 1-10 in Oakland all time. That one win came under Andy Dalton.

Still, I'm more of a "what have you done for me lately" kind of guy, and the Bengals have played very well out there since 2010.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 12:42 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Aw screw it, I found a short cut. 

Bengals are 7-11 all time @Chargers (LA and SD), 2-1 all time @Rams while in LA, 2-14 all time @Raiders (LA and OAK), 2-5 all time @49ers, and 4-4 all time @Seahawks for a grand total of 17-35 out west. Full disclosure, I may have miscounted at some point but that should be pretty close.

Good thing the Raiders are moving to Las Vegas - the Bengals are 1-10 in Oakland all time. That one win came under Andy Dalton.

Still, I'm more of a "what have you done for me lately" kind of guy, and the Bengals have played very well out there since 2010.

Thank you. I knew that they sucked out West Pre-Dalton. Hell, Before a Dalton led Bengals beat Buffalo, the last time Cincy beat Buffalo before that was the AFC Championship Game in early '89. Boomer, Klingler, Blake, Akili, Kitna, Palmer . . . never beat Buffalo from '89 on.

So from 2010 they are 5-1 on the West coast
Before 2010 they were 12-34 . . . that's kind of what I remember with the Bengals.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
You never know how teams will be from one year to the next in the NFL...so no sense worrying.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 10:51 AM)kevin Wrote: See, that goes both ways.  I've seen New Orleans and teams fly up to Seattle and get upset.  However when Seattle goes on the road, they  are the team with the long flight.  I like the one post made about going there early since they have 10 days after preseason.  That makes sense.  Get there an extra day early.   There is a difference playing Seattle in Cincy and playing them in Seattle.  Plus in 2015, Bengals had a good team that started 8-0 before Dalton injury.  

Not making excuses, but I'm just saying don't consider this one a win because it will be one tough place to play.  Their Fans are LOUD all game long.  Twice as loud as PB Stadium.  I'll be rooting for my Bengals, and it would be a huge win up there.

It takes a few days to adjust to the time change (or at least it does for me).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 09:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You never know how teams will be from one year to the next in the NFL...so no sense worrying.

Is that you really you Pistons??  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 09:56 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It takes a few days to adjust to the time change (or at least it does for me).

At least playing @ 4 oclock isn't out of the norm....

If its a 1pm out there its 4 here...  So that should be easier on them than say a west coast team coming east for a 1pm game EST...
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 11:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: At least playing @ 4 oclock isn't out of the norm....

If its a 1pm out there its 4 here...  So that should be easier on them than say a west coast team coming east for a 1pm game EST...

That's definitely true. Took me a few days to get adjusted when I went to Portland and Arizona a few years ago but it was way more difficult adjusting back to Eastern Time.

Blows my mind though how the Reds don't start games on the West Coast until 10 PM EDT (at least on a weekday).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 09:17 AM)kevin Wrote: Teams have a hard time flying up to Seattle. You have extra jet lag.  They don't lose much at home. They have a LOUD crowd which will be fired up for their home opener.  They have a good coach.  I can think of other tough road games, but this is up there.   New Coach and New Dey start with one hard road game where very good teams often lose. On the plus side is Zac Taylor has coached offense against Seattle defense with LA Rams.  Well, they have all training camp and preseason to get ready. GO BENGALS.

I think we can score on these guys, they lost a lot of talent on that Defense this year.

It will be a tough game though that is for sure to open with. Never easy there, for anybody.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 12:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think we can score on these guys, they lost a lot of talent on that Defense this year.

It will be a tough game though that is for sure to open with. Never easy there, for anybody.

Seattle and their home field advantage have lost quite a bit of mystique in the past few years...but we've been notching losing seasons during that timeframe, so we can only remain cautiously optimistic.

Russel Wilson is like Hulk Hogan though. He will look like he's lost it for 3 quarters and then  make an annoyingly predictable come back in the final reel.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 12:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Seattle and their home field advantage have lost quite a bit of mystique in the past few years...but we've been notching losing seasons during that timeframe, so we can only remain cautiously optimistic.

Russel Wilson is like Hulk Hogan though. He will look like he's lost it for 3 quarters and then  make an annoyingly predictable come back in the final reel.

Russell Wilson is a very good QB, I like watching him play, don't know if he deserved that giant contract though and it might come back to bite them. The Squawks seem to have went to more of the run game atleast last season they did.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 12:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Russell Wilson is a very good QB, I like watching him play, don't know if he deserved that giant contract though and it might come back to bite them. The Squawks seem to have went to more of the run game atleast last season they did.

Any team with a QB that wins the SB is in a rough spot as far as contracts go.  If the Seahawks let Wilson walk id be a lot more confident we were going to win, that's for sure. 
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 12:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Any team with a QB that wins the SB is in a rough spot as far as contracts go.  If the Seahawks let Wilson walk id be a lot more confident we were going to win, that's for sure. 

Agreed.
Reply/Quote
Wagner disgruntled...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001036692/article/bobby-wagner-to-report-to-seattle-seahawks-camp
Reply/Quote
For Zac's sake, I don't want ANY penalties....NONE, ZERO, NADA, ZIP!!!!

These guys will be so mentally prepared that they will be clicking.

That happens then we'll be buddies for the entire season.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 12:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: Dalton's undefeated against Seattle. One of the few teams who has never won a game he's qb'd.

Plus ZT came form that division and knows them extremely well.

It's a win week 1.

Agreed!

One of the reasons for Taylor being here is CI on NFC West.

I expect a 3-1 record against them this year. And the one loss may be to Arizona.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2019, 11:31 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Is that you really you Pistons??  Tongue

Yep. It's pointless to look at strength of schedule at the start of a season since it's from last year.

That said, Seattle is one of the teams that is usually good so at worst they'll be decent.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2019, 02:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. It's pointless to look at strength of schedule at the start of a season since it's from last year.

That said, Seattle is one of the teams that is usually good so at worst they'll be decent.

I think they've benefited from a pretty bad division at times - that division always seems to have at least two complete stinkers in it.
Reply/Quote