Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Have Rough First Game at Seattle
Teams have a hard time flying up to Seattle. You have extra jet lag. They don't lose much at home. They have a LOUD crowd which will be fired up for their home opener. They have a good coach. I can think of other tough road games, but this is up there. New Coach and New Dey start with one hard road game where very good teams often lose. On the plus side is Zac Taylor has coached offense against Seattle defense with LA Rams. Well, they have all training camp and preseason to get ready. GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 09:17 AM)kevin Wrote: Teams have a hard time flying up to Seattle. You have extra jet lag.  They don't lose much at home. They have a LOUD crowd which will be fired up for their home opener.  They have a good coach.  I can think of other tough road games, but this is up there.   New Coach and New Dey start with one hard road game where very good teams often lose. On the plus side is Zac Taylor has coached offense against Seattle defense with LA Rams.  Well, they have all training camp and preseason to get ready. GO BENGALS.

Didn't Bengals beat Seattle last time they played in Seattle and last time they played in Cincinnati? This is the NFL. all road games are tough. Let's stop with the excuses already, Zac's job is to have the team ready for week #1. If that worried about jet lag, fly there a day earlier as have 10 days from last preseason game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 09:37 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Didn't Bengals beat Seattle last time they played in Seattle and last time they played in Cincinnati? This is the NFL. all road games are tough. Let's stop with the excuses already, Zac's job is to have the team ready for week #1. If that worried about jet lag, fly there a day earlier as have 10 days from last preseason game.

Dalton and team won there daltons rookie year....     Obviously it could go either way...  But it will be an excellent first test of the teams discipline.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 10:10 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dalton and team won there daltons rookie year....     Obviously it could go either way...  But it will be an excellent first test of the teams discipline.

I saw in another thread Dalton never overcame and won games in tough environments so this can't be so, a rookie QB with a rookie #1 WR won at Seattle????  Sarcasm

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 10:25 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I saw in another thread Dalton never overcame and won games in tough environments so this can't be so, a rookie QB with a rookie #1 WR won at Seattle????  Sarcasm

yeah and had that huge comeback win in cinci 4 years later at the height of the Seattle Defense.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 10:28 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah and had that huge comeback win in cinci 4 years later at the height of the Seattle Defense.

I was at the Cincy game taking crap from Seahawks fans for 3 quarters, then we cam back and it was so fun watching them leave with 2 minutes to go and their team with no hope to win.

Reply/Quote
See, that goes both ways. I've seen New Orleans and teams fly up to Seattle and get upset. However when Seattle goes on the road, they are the team with the long flight. I like the one post made about going there early since they have 10 days after preseason. That makes sense. Get there an extra day early. There is a difference playing Seattle in Cincy and playing them in Seattle. Plus in 2015, Bengals had a good team that started 8-0 before Dalton injury.

Not making excuses, but I'm just saying don't consider this one a win because it will be one tough place to play. Their Fans are LOUD all game long. Twice as loud as PB Stadium. I'll be rooting for my Bengals, and it would be a huge win up there.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 10:28 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah and had that huge comeback win in cinci 4 years later at the height of the Seattle Defense.

They only won that game because for the first time during a game I went fishing that day. Let's not go giving credit to Andy or the team when I was the only reason they won it.  Hilarious  And by the way, I didn't actually catch anything that day, but I did scare a fish or two...maybe a turtle..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Not sure why you think flying to Seattle is like flying to the moon? No further than San Fran or Oakland......
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 09:37 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Didn't Bengals beat Seattle last time they played in Seattle and last time they played in Cincinnati? This is the NFL. all road games are tough. Let's stop with the excuses already, Zac's job is to have the team ready for week #1. If that worried about jet lag, fly there a day earlier as have 10 days from last preseason game.

I went to that game, just happened to be close by, and it was great seeing the dour mood of the Seahawk fans afterwards!!
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 10:59 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Not sure why you think flying to Seattle is like flying to the moon? No further than San Fran or Oakland......

It's last in alphabetical order.. Alphabetical order counts in those things you know..  Cool Oh wait..The Bengals training camp is being held in Bangladesh this years so...jet lag..  You would think that being mostly in their 20s and in tip top physical condition jet lag would be the least of an NFL players problem... 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 10:57 AM)grampahol Wrote: They only won that game because for the first time during a game I went fishing that day. Let's not go giving credit to Andy or the team when I was the only reason they won it.  Hilarious  And by the way, I didn't actually catch anything that day, but I did scare a fish or two...maybe a turtle..

well then we know who to blame for our losses...

let me guess too cold for you to go fishing in January huh?
Reply/Quote
This game isn't impossible, but I still predict a few pages into the gamday thread for it people will be saying how obvious it is that the Bengals are being jobbed out to the Seahawks because "of course" the NFL wants to make sure sterling goodboy Russel Wilson wins their opener for the 12th man.
Reply/Quote
Dalton's undefeated against Seattle. One of the few teams who has never won a game he's qb'd.

Plus ZT came form that division and knows them extremely well.

It's a win week 1.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I think this game will be decided by who has a better day...Chris Carson or Joe Mixon.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 12:32 PM)Synric Wrote: I think this game will be decided by who has a better day...Chris Carson or Joe Mixon.

You could be right about that. Carson is pretty good and unknown and Mixon doesn't get the respect he deserves outside of Cincy.
Reply/Quote
These aren't the 2012 Seahawks anymore.

They lack weapons on O and their D isn't nearly as dominant as it used to be. It will probably be a pretty close hard fought game from both teams. If we lose, it will be because of Wilsons scramble ability vs our lackluster LB group.

I'll be there wayyyyy up in the bleachers, excited to see Zac's first game as head coach!
Reply/Quote
ZT should be pretty familiar with the Seahawks and what they like to do, while Seattle won't have any real tape of the Bengals under their new coaching staff. I think that helps. But on the flip side of that coin, Andy and the offense will have to run this brand new offense in front of one of the loudest crowds in the NFL - communication might be an issue.

Russell Wilson seems like the perfect QB to completely take advantage of our linebacking corp. Could see him dumping off short passes and running all over us all day.

Might have to turn into a bit of a shootout for the Bengals to win, IMO, but hopefully people realize than one loss against a playoff team from a year ago in one of the hardest places to play in the NFL doesn't spell an end to the season, especially with two winnable games (SF and Buffalo) coming right after.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 12:56 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'll be there wayyyyy up in the bleachers, excited to see Zac's first game as head coach!

Jealous! I bet Seattle's an awesome place to watch a game.
Reply/Quote
SEA has long been rumored to pipe in noise to make it extra loud in there. No idea how true that is, but it wouldn't shock me.

I give us about 3 chances in 10.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote