Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shooter Breaking More Records
Just heard on the Radio- McPherson has 40 points this post season. That is the most by ANY NFL player entering the super bowl. There are 4 guys ahead of them (Viniateri is one), and they all played in the super bowl.

Also to go along with being the 1st kicker in NFL history to make his first 12 kicks without missing in a SINGLE post season.

Dude is ROTY 1b.
Reply/Quote
I thought he was going for most TDs thrown by a kicker In the super bowl.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:38 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Just heard on the Radio- McPherson has 40 points this post season. That is the most by ANY NFL player entering the super bowl. There are 4 guys ahead of them (Viniateri is one), and they all played in the super bowl.

Also to go along with being the 1st kicker in NFL history to make his first 12 kicks without missing in the post season.

Dude is ROTY 1b.

I don't think that last stat is correct.

Robbie Gould is 21 for 21 in his post season career.

Chris Boswell is 16 for 16 in his post season career.

Maybe the stat was for rookie kickers? Or maybe it's the stat for a single post season (rather than "in the post season")? Because Gould didn't reach 12 kicks until 2019 (he entered the NFL in 2005.)
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:46 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't think that last stat is correct.

Robbie Gould is 21 for 21 in his post season career.

Chris Boswell is 16 for 16 in his post season career.

Maybe the stat was for rookie kickers? Or maybe it's the stat for a single post season (rather than "in the post season")? Because Gould didn't reach 12 kicks until 2019 (he entered the NFL in 2005.)

I believe it’s single post season, I corrected it.

Also, he’s 2 field goals from tying the most field goals in a single post season
Reply/Quote
Mac has actually been transformational as a KICKER for the offense. As Zac said he effectively has let them make their FG line the opposing 35 to 40 as opposed to the usual opposing 20 to 25 for most teams.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Numbers aside, we all know McPherson has been instrumental to this team's playoff success. Without Shooter, we're liking on to free agency and draft talk. My hot, not so hot, take for best Bengals draft picks under Tobin/Zac: Burrow, Chase, and McPherson at number 3.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 01:06 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Numbers aside, we all know McPherson has been instrumental to this team's playoff success. Without Shooter, we're liking on to free agency and draft talk. My hot, not so hot, take for best Bengals draft picks under Tobin/Zac: Burrow, Chase, and McPherson at number 3.

I think I’d have to agree with this. Tee, Jonah, and Logan Wilson were all great picks as well, but I think Burrow/Chase/McPherson are the biggest reason we are where we are right now. As far as draft picks anyway. All the money we invested in veterans on the defense being the other reason.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 03:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think I’d have to agree with this. Tee, Jonah, and Logan Wilson were all great picks as well, but I think Burrow/Chase/McPherson are the biggest reason we are where we are right now. As far as draft picks anyway. All the money we invested in veterans on the defense being the other reason.

You're right about Tee, Jonah, and Wilson being great picks. Pratt is also a great value for when he was picked. It's an arduous and subjective task to fairly rank them all but I think Burrow and Chase are clearly 1 & 2. Ranking McPherson third is all about the value for when he was drafted.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:59 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I believe it’s single post season, I corrected it.

Also, he’s 2 field goals from tying the most field goals in a single post season

Nice, think he will get the record then. We will see in a couple weeks. Rock On
Reply/Quote