Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Zac Taylor Bob Bratkowski 2.0
(05-30-2021, 09:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

As far as ZT being Brat 2.0 ?? I dunno ? Brat had some decent O's with the Johnson's early on. Not sure ZT will reach that level ?

He had a good oline early on.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bob Bratkowski had 4 straight years as an OC for Seattle, all BEFORE coming here, and all 4 of those years had an above-average scoring offense. 10th, 16th, 9th, 10th. He was only available to come to Cincinnati because his HC got replaced.

Zac Taylor's next top-10 scoring offense (hell, his next above-average scoring offense) as an OC in the NFL would be his first... and yet he's running the offense, is the HC, AND is making personnel decisions.

As much as I gave Bratkowski shit for overstaying here, he wasn't bad nor was he a bad hire. He was a good OC in the past, including for the Bengals for a handful of years, the NFL just simply passed him by and he didn't evolve to stick with it.

If Taylor was Bratkowski, maybe the Bengals wouldn't be 6-25-1 over the last 2 years, with the 30th and 29th scoring offenses.

Hell, I am still convinced that Bratkowski had the Bengals just a dirty knee hit away from winning a SB in 2005. Nobody was going to stop that offense.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 01:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: He had a good oline early on.....

you all gonna make OL excuses for ZT till the end of days?  He picked his OL coach and had chances to bring in personel and didnt.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2021, 03:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you all gonna make OL excuses for ZT till the end of days?  He picked his OL coach and had chances to bring in personel and didnt.

Um...first off, who's "you all"? Second off, I was responding to 74s post about the offense being good early on with the Johnson's.... it's no coincidence the two Johnsons (I assume Rudi and Chad) had good years early on in Brat's offense because the blocking was stellar. What happened toward the end of Brat's tenure? Same as 2011-2015. What happened to Marv's squad after that? Nowhere did I even mention Zac. It's more of an indictment on the dumbass FO than it is ANYTHING...much less "making excuses" for ANYONE. It's ***** football fundamentals 101....not Madden, not making excuses, and sure as shit not the strong suit of Son of Paul's FO, apparently. Bratkowski was predictable, when he couldn't impose his will on the opponent with brute force up front, he began to falter. The offense began to falter.

I just wonder when people around here will be able to correlate winning football, to winning in the trenches. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2021, 12:32 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Okay I'm not trying to be super negative or anything. Just curious if anyone has thought about how Taylor seems to be of the same philosophy that Bratkowski was as in that to have real success it has to be all about the passing game and that the running game is only a side note. I believe Bratkowski was quoted as saying about the running game that it's hard to win with 3yds and a cloud of dust.

Do you think we'll have a focus on the running game this year with what looks like at least on paper one of the best WR trio's in the league?

Also I think it will be another interesting thing to watch week 1. Do we come out with a emphasis on the running game with QB possibly seeing his first live action after knee surgery? What's the over under on pass attempts 40?

Also I know it's been asked already but it was asked as "how good does Taylor have to be to keep" but I think with already having the built in excuse of Burrow coming off injury the question might be how bad does Taylor need to be before we show him the door? For me this team needs to be atleast .500 and more importantly I need to see at least an adjustment to the offense philosophy. The past 2 seasons we just hand the ball to the Quarterback and say okay be a top 5 QB in the league and we'll win games. We need a more balanced attack.

Bratkowski had more success! In fact, Brat should be insulted at the comparison.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2021, 06:42 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Bratkowski had more success! In fact, Brat should be insulted at the comparison.

Brat could draw up plays in his sleep that would be better than anything Zac Taylors drawn up in the past 2 years.  

You can't compare the 2 as they aren't even comparable.  

Brat's had too many good offenses and ZT has had nothing.....yet
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2021, 05:38 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Brat could draw up plays in his sleep that would be better than anything Zac Taylors drawn up in the past 2 years.  

You can't compare the 2 as they aren't even comparable.  

Brat's had too many good offenses and ZT has had nothing.....yet

True, hope this changes or he has to go. I like Zac as a person and this is my team so I have to root for him this make of break year.

I hated on Brat a lot back in the day but he was way better than anything Zac has shown so far even though Brat had better OL play.

Always makes you look better when you can hand the ball off to your RB on 1st and 2nd down and get you a 3rd and short.
Reply/Quote