Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In retrospect (Cam Robinson
(10-13-2017, 05:33 PM)Shady Wrote: we should have traded down. Check out Cam against the Steelers.

I wanted him instead of Mixon...and I knew we would have to trade back in to Rd 1 to get him...

What I saw was competition for Ced at LT that could be a beast if moved to Guard, assuming Ced worked out.  Either way, I would have loved to have him in stripes. 

We likely would have had to give up something like next year's #2 and this year's #2, which I would have done for this guy.

Can you imagine if you swapped out Mixon for him, but still got Ross (who I still believe will transform our offense) and the pass rushers?  No offense to Mixon, but I feel he is a bigger waste due to the line than the WR.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
In defense of the team.

It's not hard to look good when you only pass it like 6 times. Robinson would look much different in this offense with a 50/50 distribution. And let's not forget pass pro was robinson's downfall.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2017, 11:16 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: In defense of the team.  

It's not hard to look good when you only pass it like 6 times.    Robinson would look much different in this offense with a 50/50 distribution.  And let's not forget pass pro was robinson's downfall.

Except our oline can't run block either. Not sure what you mean here.
Reply/Quote
with this defense i wish we were a power running team. not sure that exsist but would like to be decent at running the ball
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2017, 12:24 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Except our oline can't run block either. Not sure what you mean here.

Robinson looks better than he is because the jags only pass about 7 times a game and hand off to A giant power back.

We Run a 50/50 spread offense
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2017, 12:37 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: with this defense i wish we were a power running team. not sure that exsist but would like to be decent at running the ball

I think if Fournette had fallen to us we would have taken him and became one.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2017, 11:16 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: In defense of the team.  

It's not hard to look good when you only pass it like 6 times.    Robinson would look much different in this offense with a 50/50 distribution.  And let's not forget pass pro was robinson's downfall.

Plus our coaching staff. That's why it's impossible to say a prospect would have the same career here.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2017, 06:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Plus our coaching staff. That's why it's impossible to say a prospect would have the same career here.

Compared to the Jags and Doug Marrone's staff? You would rather have that staff instead of our current?

I'm certain Jacksonville would like to swap staffs as well.
Reply/Quote
Off the field, Cam had a weapon and substance issue prior to his senior year. Maybe that is why he was graded harshly and dropped some. On the field, he actually had a good senior year at Alabama.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 06:47 PM)McC Wrote: Woulda, shoulda, coulda.  What's the ***** point?  Just another way to drive yourself crazy.

BINGO McC.. Now get in line for your "That makes sense"  cookie of the year.. 
The rest seem to think they have the power to retroactively rewrite history and force every team to accept the trade of the century and give up their number one picks for the next 50 years in exchange for McCarron.. 

Ok perhaps I'm exaggerating just a tad, but it's not unheard of on this board to have certain people think every team should be willing to trade the moon, stars and the sun for McCarron..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2017, 12:25 AM)Joelist Wrote: Bodine is still playing the worst Center in the NFL and Og still is incredibly bad too. It hasn't looked quite as awful because Lazor is crafting his offense specifically to cover for the line deficiencies.

These grades are cumulative for 2017.  At least since Lazor has taken over (not sure how much credit he gets here, but it is a part of it), the line has improved throughout the first five games.  I would hope the bye week would help them even more after hearing all the bellyaching about how little time they have now to work with the players in practice contact settings.

Fisher posted something like an 80 this past weed, and Andre Smith is slowly but surely (like how he ran the 40?) getting in to playing shape.  They are at least trending in the right direction.  

This year's line has played 5 games together.  Whether we want to admit it or not, they are improving.  The big turd in the punch bowl is Bodine.  This is his fourth year of showing virtually nothing.  And he has had talent around him before.  Dalton has no pocket to step up in to when there is outside pressure and Bodine combined with the poor play of Hopkins and TJ Johnson also makes the grades worse for the tackles, because they rely on a pocket being formed as well.  They (the center, and whoever is playing RG at that moment) are also the biggest reason they can't get a running game on track.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 09:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: These grades are cumulative for 2017.  At least since Lazor has taken over (not sure how much credit he gets here, but it is a part of it), the line has improved throughout the first five games.  I would hope the bye week would help them even more after hearing all the bellyaching about how little time they have now to work with the players in practice contact settings.

Fisher posted something like an 80 this past weed, and Andre Smith is slowly but surely (like how he ran the 40?) getting in to playing shape.  They are at least trending in the right direction.  

This year's line has played 5 games together.  Whether we want to admit it or not, they are improving.  The big turd in the punch bowl is Bodine.  This is his fourth year of showing virtually nothing.  And he has had talent around him before.  Dalton has no pocket to step up in to when there is outside pressure and Bodine combined with the poor play of Hopkins and TJ Johnson also makes the grades worse for the tackles, because they rely on a pocket being formed as well.  They (the center, and whoever is playing RG at that moment) are also the biggest reason they can't get a running game on track.

Yea but Bodine could bench press that turd more than anybody..
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2017, 06:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I think if Fournette had fallen to us we would have taken him and became one.

I read the Bengals wanted Fournette badly.

I also read that 85% of Mixon's yards are after contact. That means our line is horrible. Not sure Fournette would do any better here.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 05:33 PM)Shady Wrote: we should have traded down. Check out Cam against the Steelers.

Cam sure sticks with his blocks. 

How the heck he dropped I do not know. Started at tackle for Alabama as a freshman and held his own. 

Did nothing on field next few years except excel. Somehow underwear olympics comes around and he drops out of top 5 picks he was projected to be amongst.

Oh and it was our #1 position of need. So we decide go WR then RB ?   

Like I said it is spilled milk now but decisions like this drive me crazy. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote