Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody notice what the Cowboys are doing to the Packers...
No doubt we've lost to 4 really goo teams...and probably teams that are going to win their division.

Story of the Bengals though...they can beat the bad teams, but not the great teams...and in the playoffs you see the best teams.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 10:07 PM)GodFather Wrote: Something we both agree on 100%

Actually I would blame Marvin 100% for that meltdown in the playoffs last year. The coach is responsible for his teams undisciplined actions. Before things got out of hand in last years playoff game could Marvin called a timeout and regroup his players before things got out of hand? Should Marvin had his players ready for these challenges before the kickoff of that game? 

Yes and yes...

Fine. If you want to blame Marvin for the meltdown go ahead. By the same token you should give him credit for leading them to a 12-4 season. It's amazing how quickly attitudes change. For the past several seasons people have credited the FO and the coaching staff for assembling a team full of depth and really talented players. The Bengals have received praise for being one of the model organizations in the NFL. And now after a tough start to the season people want to dismiss all the accomplishments.

I'm not saying I'm in love with ML. I wish he would have moved up in the hierarchy and Zimmer became the HC. But he's what we have right now, that isn't going to change, so we might as well make the most of it and support the team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 11:21 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Fine. If you want to blame Marvin for the meltdown go ahead. By the same token you should give him credit for leading them to a 12-4 season. It's amazing how quickly attitudes change. For the past several seasons people have credited the FO and the coaching staff for assembling a team full of depth and really talented players. The Bengals have received praise for being one of the model organizations in the NFL. And now after a tough start to the season people want to dismiss all the accomplishments.

I'm not saying I'm in love with ML. I wish he would have moved up in the hierarchy and Zimmer became the HC. But he's what we have right now, that isn't going to change, so we might as well make the most of it and support the team.

Accomplishments ??

You think 20 years from now when they're talking about the great teams of 2010's they're going to bring up the Bengals ?

Well you have the Patriots, winners of Super Bowls etc, Steelers, Seahawks, and oh yes that great Bengals team under Marvin that got bounced in wild card round 5 times in a row. Ain't gonna happen bud, we won't even be a tiny blip on the radar !
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 11:21 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Fine. If you want to blame Marvin for the meltdown go ahead. By the same token you should give him credit for leading them to a 12-4 season. It's amazing how quickly attitudes change. For the past several seasons people have credited the FO and the coaching staff for assembling a team full of depth and really talented players. The Bengals have received praise for being one of the model organizations in the NFL. And now after a tough start to the season people want to dismiss all the accomplishments.

Please rewatch the following clip in its entirety:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIAJl-wZElg
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 11:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Accomplishments ??

You think 20 years from now when they're talking about the great teams of 2010's they're going to bring up the Bengals ?

Well you have the Patriots, winners of Super Bowls etc, Steelers, Seahawks, and oh yes that great Bengals team under Marvin that got bounced in wild card round 5 times in a row. Ain't gonna happen bud, we won't even be a tiny blip on the radar !

Haters gonna hate.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 11:38 PM)GodFather Wrote: Please rewatch the following clip in its entirety:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIAJl-wZElg

How many times are you going to post that you tube? I got the message the first time. I just don't agree with the context.
Reply/Quote
Yep, we lost to the good teams we've faced. This isn't very surprising when you realize we've finished 12th place in the NFL 6 of the past 7 years. .
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yep, we lost to the good teams we've faced.  This isn't very surprising when you realize we've finished 12th place in the NFL 6 of the past 7 years. .
Yeah, yeah. We've heard you say that before.
Reply/Quote
Dallas' O line and TEs are the real deal. They're out there blocking like the 05' Chiefs.

Ironic, since it seems like yesterday that their line was their weakness and they were picking up bums like Nate Livings to fill in the gaps...

They seem like a team that could go to the NFC conference championship this year and lose, only to return triumphant in the next few years and win a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:46 AM)BengalRed Wrote: Yeah, yeah. We've heard you say that before.

Well try taking note next time.
Reply/Quote