Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals In Today's NFC and AFC Championship Games.
(01-21-2018, 02:02 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Hell no!! Once a player leaves or coach leaves the Bengals they are the enemy. I dont want any of them to win the SuperBowl!! 

I hope they cancel the SuperBowl this year!

[Image: zoloft2.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 10:58 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Same here. Never understood getting attached to guys we don't even know personally. If you're a Bengal, great. If not, kick rocks.

It's similar to being part of a family with a miserable income, in a miserable town with nothing going for either. Then one breaks away and goes to college and succeeds. You just kinda root for them to get to the greener pasture and experience success. At least it's how I see it. To be stuck in the Mike/Marv purgatory with no hope? Tragic. 

Reply/Quote
Burkhead just took a HARD SHOT ! I think I saw his soul leave his body.
Reply/Quote
Quote:Same here. Never understood getting attached to guys we don't even know personally. If you're a Bengal, great. If not, kick rocks.
Amen to that. This and the never ending prattle about hoping our players get traded so they can get a ring.. 
Once they're on another team I could care less if they fall off the face of the earth. 
It's kind of like hoping a soldier in your company will defect to the enemy side so they can win a metal..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 02:41 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Proves this place is toxic, mismanaged, or both.

Or that Flowers is a little crybaby.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 09:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Or that Flowers is a little crybaby.

Flowers played meaningful defensive snaps, made a few good plays, and is now going to the Super Bowl. Flowers has the last laugh here.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 09:19 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Flowers played meaningful defensive snaps, made a few good plays, and is now going to the Super Bowl.  Flowers has the last laugh here.

But that does not prove that the Bengals were "toxic or mismaneged".  Even a crybaby can get the last laugh.

Its not like people are saying Flowers was the key to the Pats making the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 09:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But that does not prove that the Bengals were "toxic or mismaneged".  Even a crybaby can get the last laugh.

Its not like people are saying Flowers was the key to the Pats making the Super Bowl.

So what is the reason for 2nd half non-adjustments and meldowns? 
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 09:29 PM)Interceptor Wrote: So what is the reason for 2nd half non-adjustments and meldowns? 

Not talking to Marquis Flowers while he was here
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 09:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not talking to Marquis Flowers while he was here

I should have figured I wouldn't get a serious response.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 10:01 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I should have figured I wouldn't get a serious response.

If you knew what we were discussing then you would understand the answer.

Personally I don't think the DC allegedly not talking to Marquise was the reason we struggled in some big games.  Especially since we don't know if he is telling the truth or just being a crybaby.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 12:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seems like at least one former Bengal was overjoyed to get the hell out of town.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/1/19/16909392/former-bengals-lb-claims-defensive-coordinator-never-spoke-to-him-in-cincinnati

that just seems so weird especially since he was the LB coach before DC
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 12:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seems like at least one former Bengal was overjoyed to get the hell out of town.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/1/19/16909392/former-bengals-lb-claims-defensive-coordinator-never-spoke-to-him-in-cincinnati

Man, could this dude be a bigger drama queen? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
It's tough to tell exactly where the truth lies in this story, probably somewhere in the middle.
I'm going to assume that there's some truth in the story, but he wouldn't be the first person to feel minimized by someone higher up in the hierarchy or even completely ignored. I've been through the same thing on several jobs where I was all but invisible. On another job I excelled at (and I was the only white guy there) the company owner went out of his way to make sure that everyone in the shop knew I was doing great work. I felt good, but at the same time felt a HUGE target being drawn right over my chest.. I didn't particularly enjoy having 30 sets of eyes shooting daggers at me.. (Dumbass me quit to look for more money and wish I had stuck around. They're now in the Fortune 500 up from a nobody plastic business)
Anyway, it's a "Look at me" business..the big stars get all of the attention for good or bad and the backup players not so much. I'm sure Guenther had and still has stars in his eyes thinking he's on the fast track to a head coaching gig.. Flowers to him was an expendable nobody.. Few people here have been smitten with Guenthers defense so the truth is probably somewhere between 'he nailed it' and 'he made it all up'.. Also it's not as if no sports writer has ever embellished a story to make it seem far different from the truth..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote