Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Inactives vs. Jacksonville
(11-05-2017, 01:41 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Hahahaha. /cry

Top 10 pick is healthy and inactive.

Starting OL sucks and we still wont try the other guys on the roster.

2 RBs against a team we should be running against.

At least we have hardy nickerson and cethan carter up again

Making a WR a top 10 pick when we had other pressing needs was bad enough. Making a top 10 pick a healthy scratch? Infuriating. Marvin is just a doofus. We drafted jerome simpson and had him on the bench how long? I know our scouting is supposed to be better, but if a guy is a top 10 pick and is a healthy scratch, heads should be rolling in the scouting department right now. Theres no reason a guy like Ross should not be ready when healthy. 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 02:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ross's speed...even as a decoy would help greatly.

I don't get it. He has to be having issues learning the plays or look bad in practice.

It just looks like some goofy shit Marvin is pulling for seemingly no reason.  He doesn't give a damn about winning.  If there's a God in heaven, this giggling piece of shit will be outa here at the end of this year.  He has already checked out.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 02:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ross's speed...even as a decoy would help greatly.

I don't get it. He has to be having issues learning the plays or look bad in practice.

Or he's just a rookie and doesn't know his place. It is Marv making these decisions.

(11-05-2017, 02:31 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Making a WR a top 10 pick when we had other pressing needs was bad enough. Making a top 10 pick a healthy scratch? Infuriating. Marvin is just a doofus. We drafted jerome simpson and had him on the bench how long? I know our scouting is supposed to be better, but if a guy is a top 10 pick and is a healthy scratch, heads should be rolling in the scouting department right now. Theres no reason a guy like Ross should not be ready when healthy. 

Agreed. No excuse for this. Either he's a bad prospect (scout's fault) or he's not ready (coach's fault).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

I wouldn't say it is the latter, but I would think that is closest to the truth.  Prior to this week, I think I counted the guy had 15 practices he had participated in, but there were more limited participation times than full participation.  Add 3 full practices this week, but that still is not enough to be on the same page as the rest of the offensive and special teams units.  If he isn't ready for full time duty, the special teams reps are even more important for him to have the opportunity to gel with the rest of the unit.  I think that's why we are now seeing Malone being activated, as he has been available to practice and get ready since the start of camp and can take the field without creating a liability somewhere.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
WR is a position where rookies generally get it or don't in Year 1.
Reply/Quote
I know people are hating on Ross but Keep in mind they are sitting him for Core and Malone who both had good camps. Malone stepped up last week and in the preseason.

And it probably has a little bit to do with special teams...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 02:37 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I wouldn't say it is the latter, but I would think that is closest to the truth.  Prior to this week, I think I counted the guy had 15 practices he had participated in, but there were more limited participation times than full participation.  Add 3 full practices this week, but that still is not enough to be on the same page as the rest of the offensive and special teams units.  If he isn't ready for full time duty, the special teams reps are even more important for him to have the opportunity to gel with the rest of the unit.  I think that's why we are now seeing Malone being activated, as he has been available to practice and get ready since the start of camp and can take the field without creating a liability somewhere.

I'd understand not starting Ross for the reasons you listed. He should be able to have a small package of plays just to get his feet wet though. 

It shouldn't take half a season's worth of practices just to get Malone going, either. All kinds of rookie WR's start from day 1.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote