Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals Indoor Practice Field
(02-20-2022, 05:48 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote:  You think the Bengals could compete with the Panthers, Jaguars, and Jets if they had a big shiny facility?

What are the odds the lowly Bengals could ever make it to the superbowl without a multi-million or billion dollar practice facility? Obviously the Jags, Jets and Fins are and were far better teams with much happier players. Whose idea was it to practice in the same weather the majority of their games are in anyway? All I know is my high school team might have made it to last place with an indoor facility instead of last place..  Shocked
Never let it be said that certain members of this board have ever beaten a dead horse ...ever..Dead Horse  That poor, poor horse.. Sad
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-20-2022, 06:04 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: I was being a bit facetious, but I just fail to see why this is such a big deal to some.  It's like trying to keep up with the Joneses through your favorite team.  I think that goofy ex punter with the podcast is taken a bit too seriously by some.

This has been a hot topic on the boards dating back to our bengals.com days,

WhoDeyRevolution, CincyJungle etc were talking about it when Pat McAfee was in high school.

Marvin Lewis talked to Mike about it several times, and it was reportedly a bone of contention with Marv's return in 2011.

If it wasn't important, teams wouldn't be spending hundreds of millions on these facilities. Billionaires aren't really into blowing hundreds of millions on frivolous things.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(02-20-2022, 06:04 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: I was being a bit facetious, but I just fail to see why this is such a big deal to some.  It's like trying to keep up with the Joneses through your favorite team.  I think that goofy ex punter with the podcast is taken a bit too seriously by some.

Goofy ex-punter is ex-NFL.  Willie stated on twitter a couple weeks ago how effective the Ravens practice facility was when he played there.

Its not keeping up with the Joneses it's keeping up with the league, with our own division.

We are like running in a Nascar race with a factory 350 engine pulled out of 78 camero.  And we had our first playoff wins in 31 years.  

Can we just get something with our name on it we can call home?  We are a NFL SB team for goodness sakes and we have less facilities than the town's college football team and soccer team.  Moeller will have one before we do and that is just pathetic.

Bengals are worth $3B, we can do a corp partnership like the Steelers, whatever, but do something.
Quote:Billionaires aren't really into blowing hundreds of millions on frivolous things.
You mean like going to low orbit in their own personal rocket ship for the hell of it? I see your point.. Hilarious

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

(02-20-2022, 06:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This has been a hot topic on the boards dating back to our bengals.com days,

WhoDeyRevolution, CincyJungle etc were talking about it when Pat McAfee was in high school.

Marvin Lewis talked to Mike about it several times, and it was reportedly a bone of contention with Marv's return in 2011.

If it wasn't important, teams wouldn't be spending hundreds of millions on these facilities. Billionaires aren't really into blowing hundreds of millions on frivolous things.

I would imagine that it hurts us somewhat in free agency when competing for free agents that multiple teams want.
(02-20-2022, 06:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I would imagine that it hurts us somewhat in free agency when competing for free agents that multiple teams want.

It certainly didn't hurt our defense.. 

An indoor facility would be nice. It certainly wouldn't hurt.

However, I am sick of people saying the Bengals are the only NFL team without one. It simply isn't true, and that single falsehood is what drives so much of the toxicity in this conversation. They're the "northernmost team without one", which is a much more specific and frankly less meaningful distinction. If anyone wants to complain about that, then at least their starting point is actually true.
(02-20-2022, 07:03 PM)grampahol Wrote: It certainly didn't hurt our defense.. 

A lot of the guys we signed overperformed and weren't extremely coveted.

Hendrickson had a great year...but his contract had a team out after 1 year as the Bengals weren't sure if he was a 1 year wonder or not.

I could name player after player.

And like I said, they got here and most performed at a really high level.
(02-20-2022, 07:06 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: An indoor facility would be nice. It certainly wouldn't hurt.

However, I am sick of people saying the Bengals are the only NFL team without one. It simply isn't true, and that single falsehood is what drives so much of the toxicity in this conversation. They're the "northernmost team without one", which is a much more specific and frankly less meaningful distinction. If anyone wants to complain about that, then at least their starting point is actually true.

I think the insinuation is they have to practice in the cold...but games are played outdoors too.

Honestly, it's easy to pile on the Bengals for how historically cheap they've been.

I honestly don't know that this is as huge of a complaint for me as it is for some.
(02-20-2022, 06:12 PM)grampahol Wrote: What are the odds the lowly Bengals could ever make it to the superbowl without a multi-million or billion dollar practice facility? Obviously the Jags, Jets and Fins are and were far better teams with much happier players. Whose idea was it to practice in the same weather the majority of their games are in anyway? All I know is my high school team might have made it to last place with an indoor facility instead of last place..  Shocked
Never let it be said that certain members of this board have ever beaten a dead horse ...ever..Dead Horse  That poor, poor horse.. Sad

You do realize that dude that created the thread was applauding the Bengals' facilities, don't you?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-20-2022, 04:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Do you have any basis for that assumption?

I'm just afraid that Mike Brown would half-ass it. 

Miami's cost, what? 135 million? That was with a pool and restaurant and whatever, but even building a practice bubble for 35 or 30 million would be a hell of an upgrade.

I though hill top was for parking because they lost parking for music center
What’s wrong with the indoor practice facility at UC?
(02-20-2022, 10:26 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: What’s wrong with the indoor practice facility at UC?
Apparently it's not up to Big 12 standards. UC is looking to upgrade in conjunction with their move to the Big 12.

But hopefully the college will let the NFL team their old bubble once they upgrade/

Just let that sink in for a minute..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-20-2022, 10:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Apparently it's not up to Big 12 standards. UC is looking to upgrade in conjunction with their move to the Big 12.

But hopefully the college will let the NFL team their old bubble once they upgrade/

Just let that sink in for a minute..

Can't UC just carpet a basketball court and practice there?
(02-20-2022, 10:26 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: What’s wrong with the indoor practice facility at UC?

1 It's at least 10 minutes away 2 it's not ours 3. it's not even up to Big 12 standards, much-less NFL standards.
(02-20-2022, 06:12 PM)grampahol Wrote: What are the odds the lowly Bengals could ever make it to the superbowl without a multi-million or billion dollar practice facility? Obviously the Jags, Jets and Fins are and were far better teams with much happier players. Whose idea was it to practice in the same weather the majority of their games are in anyway? All I know is my high school team might have made it to last place with an indoor facility instead of last place..  Shocked

This is such an uninformed and stagnant Bengals fan take. Many of us have wanted this for our team over a decade ago.  Players and coaches have wanted it.  It is more than just practicing inside, it is a complete facility - some teams have tons of resources in theirs.

We have ONE winning playoff run and people think we are obviously just fine.  Which is an uninformed and shallow take.  Not sure how someone thinks they are a true fan mocking others who only want our team to not compete at a disadvantage. 

It is embarrassing to me that we have fans that do not understand exactly what a practice facility is or understand why every team has one, almost every college team and now some high schools.  Again the new soccer team in Cincy was able to locate and build a 3 field practice facility but our 50+ year old NFL Super Bowl team cannot and thats ok with some.
(02-21-2022, 01:28 AM)casear2727 Wrote: This is such an uninformed and stagnant Bengals fan take. Many of us have wanted this for our team over a decade ago.  Players and coaches have wanted it.  It is more than just practicing inside, it is a complete facility - some teams have tons of resources in theirs.

We have ONE winning playoff run and people think we are obviously just fine.  Which is an uninformed and shallow take.  Not sure how someone thinks they are a true fan mocking others who only want our team to not compete at a disadvantage. 

It is embarrassing to me that we have fans that do not understand exactly what a practice facility is or understand why every team has one, almost every college team and now some high schools.  Again the new soccer team in Cincy was able to locate and build a 3 field practice facility but our 50+ year old NFL Super Bowl team cannot and thats ok with some.

That's me..Uninformed and shallow.. You know what? they're paid a small fortune to play out in the cold and do it quite voluntarily and there's little evidence that an indoor practice facility makes a team any better witnessed by several teams with indoor facilities that still stink year in, year out..
Go play your shallow games elsewhere....fool.

(02-20-2022, 07:06 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: An indoor facility would be nice. It certainly wouldn't hurt.

Ok, so 3 CA teams dont have an indoor field.  They have outstanding facilities with tons of PT and other resources with 3 outdoor fields.
The Chargers and Rams go inside to their home field at SOFI in case of the very rare inclement weather. 

What other teams dont have a practice facility or one without an indoor field?

Yeah the Chargers dont have an indoor field.. but some how we aren't the same, cant put my finger on it...

[Image: egyzqfekpnxyftizmxax.jpg]

[Image: da90b80671b05ac82142f610ea067f5e.jpg]
(02-21-2022, 01:36 AM)grampahol Wrote: That's me..Uninformed and shallow.. You know what? they're paid a small fortune to play out in the cold and do it quite voluntarily and there's little evidence that an indoor practice facility makes a team any better witnessed by several teams with indoor facilities that still stink year in, year out..
Go play your shallow games elsewhere....fool.

Is that you Mike Brown?  

Does a facility make a team better? Not sure but until this year every team not based in CA that had playoff wins the last 10 years have one.

But since we had playoff wins for the 1st time in 31 years we should be fine?

Every team has millionaire players and every team needs to see an owner's commitment, a facility might not be the deciding factor for a FA but you can bet it figures in to the decision. Our former players have mentioned it in interviews and on Twitter recently but you know more than them...

Why are you against providing our coaches and players the resources that match just the next to worst team?
(02-21-2022, 01:56 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Ok, so 3 CA teams dont have an indoor field.  They have outstanding facilities with tons of PT and other resources with 3 outdoor fields.
The Chargers and Rams go inside to their home field at SOFI in case of the very rare inclement weather. 

What other teams dont have a practice facility or one without an indoor field?

Yeah the Chargers dont have an indoor field.. but some how we aren't the same, cant put my finger on it...

[Image: egyzqfekpnxyftizmxax.jpg]

[Image: da90b80671b05ac82142f610ea067f5e.jpg]

You can't deny those non playoff teams have some pretty facilities.