Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Injured For Steelers Game
Price, Bernard, Kroft didn't practice this week. Was hoping to have Price at Center for this one, not happening. Could have used Mixon and Bernard. Kroft and Eifert out has team limited at TE Depth.

Gimpy but did practice were William Jackson, John Ross, Cedric Ogbuehi. Jackson gimpy at CB could hurt the most against Brown and Shuster and Big Ben. Ross gimpy, but he's behind Green and Boyd anyway. It sure isn't uncommon to say WJ3, Ross, Ogbuehi injured and Eifert out.

The good news is the Left Tackle and Linebacker we both got from Buffalo will be out there. So will Burfict at Linebacker. Atkins and Dunlap. Dalton, Green, Boyd, Mixon. If Bengals get some blocking and tackling and team work, they can win this game.

As for no Bell, don't cry for Steelers. The running back replacing him is having one of best running back years in NFL in 2018. Connors is one tough RB, so no tears for Steelers at RB.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
There is a chance that both WJ3 and John Ross will both be out for Sundays game. These 2 alone are bad news.

We'd lose a lot of speed on offense, allowing those safeties to not be as worried on the deep ball.

But man, losing WJ3 IMO is nearly an automatic loss. We would rely on Dre and Tony McRae to lock down AB and JuJu..

Here's to hoping that these guys are good to go Sunday. Without them... I'm getting sick at the thought of it.

EDIT: Did notice that Boling is back, but the main reason for the title is I worry about more guys like Preston Brown, who seems awfully slow out there right now. On top of Price being out, we are possibly missing 3 first round picks in a very important divisional match.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 01:44 PM)thillan Wrote: There is a chance that both WJ3 and John Ross will both be out for Sundays game. These 2 alone are bad news.

We'd lose a lot of speed on offense, allowing those safeties to not be as worried on the deep ball.

But man, losing WJ3 IMO is nearly an automatic loss. We would rely on Dre and Tony McRae to lock down AB and JuJu..

Here's to hoping that these guys are good to go Sunday. Without them... I'm getting sick at the thought of it.

EDIT: Did notice that Boling is back, but the main reason for the title is I worry about more guys like Preston Brown, who seems awfully slow out there right now. On top of Price being out, we are possibly missing 3 first round picks in a very important divisional match.

What would Dennard be doing?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 01:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What would Dennard be doing?

Good point, kind of blanked and just kept pinning him as a slot only guy. Not sure how effective he's played on the outside though.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 01:55 PM)thillan Wrote: Good point, kind of blanked and just kept pinning him as a slot only guy. Not sure how effective he's played on the outside though.

He is actually good on the outside, he just doesn't get to do it often. I think he would be fine if we needed him, but I'm not going to count WJ3 out yet. 
Reply/Quote
Usually questionable players play so I am not overly worried about the report.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Is there a Friday injury report yet? Or is this thread jumping the gun a little?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
i expect Ross and Jackson to be active.
Erickson might start but Ross will get plenty of snaps.
Erickson just cant add that speed dimension Ross can
Reply/Quote
Practice report hasn't come out yet for today so I wouldn't be too paranoid.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 02:10 PM)Synric Wrote: Is there a Friday injury report yet? Or is this thread jumping the gun a little?

not the team official list yet but it been reported

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 02:17 PM)pally Wrote: not the team official list yet but it been reported

Thanks for posting Pally. Yeah, this is what I was referencing.

Don't believe I'm jumping the gun either. Ross was just asked about his injury a few days ago, and didn't give any signs he'd play this week at all. WJ3 to me is 50/50 right now, but that's the most unsettling one. 
Reply/Quote
Damn was afraid of that.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 02:17 PM)pally Wrote: not the team official list yet but it been reported

Thanks. +Rep
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 02:22 PM)thillan Wrote: Thanks for posting Pally. Yeah, this is what I was referencing.

Don't believe I'm jumping the gun either. Ross was just asked about his injury a few days ago, and didn't give any signs he'd play this week at all. WJ3 to me is 50/50 right now, but that's the most unsettling one. 

It's an important division game. If they're able to contribute, they will suit up.

Reply/Quote

Thanks Pally, Thillan had me really worried there for a moment.

Sounds like there is a chance these guys play, especially Will Jax from what i am hearing.

Important game here.
Reply/Quote
The William Jackson injury is huge if he can’t go. Outside of not having Dalton, Green and Geno ,Williams would probably one of the most important players to have playing vs Brown and Ju Ju. I have complained about Bengals playing to much soft zone but I feel like if Jackson can’t go we will definitely be forced to go more zone. Already having nightmares of Kirkpatrick and McRae getting touched. Obviously Dennard will play but I’m sure the Steelers will try to exploit Kirkpatrick and McRae.
Reply/Quote
Bengals

Gio Bernard- Out
Tyler Croft- Out
Billy Price- Out

Those were pretty much all to be expected

William Jackson- Questionable
Cedric Ogbuehi- who cares
John Ross- Questionable

Hopefully they are just trying to rest them for Sunday. Bengals have a history last year of 60% of questionable players playing on game day. This year its 0% with the only players listed as questionable were Michael Johnson and Preston Brown. I think Jackson will be crucial on how we play AB and JuJu.

Steelers

Burnett (SS) - Out
Heyward-Bey (WR) - Out
Fort (LB) - Doubtful

This is pretty much what was expected. Burnett out is huge as that means there will be a back up safety (Edmunds) playing Sunday. Edmunds was drafted this year and hasn't lived up to expectations, he is also nicked up and not 100% Hopefully if Ross can't go this will at least help with offense. Heyward-Bey being out is nice too as I'm not sure how confident they are in with James Washington or Justin Hunter as they don't even have 100 yards of offense this season put together.
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I wonder what it is like to actually have all our players ready for big games? I think the last time we had a big game that did not feature us missing pieces was back in 2013?
Reply/Quote

WJ3 is the one that matters most. 

Has Ogbuehi even played a single snap?

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 02:08 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Usually questionable players play so I am not overly worried about the report.

Yup, the NFL does not use probable anymore.
Reply/Quote