Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Injured
(12-24-2016, 12:23 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You know it is possible to have Eifert and Gresham on the same team.  Gresham has outproduced Kroft and Uzomah combined this year, FYI.  Two draft picks and roster spots dedicated to two TEs who cann't even combine to replicate a player we consider to be an abject failure.

At this point I think its just the way we use TE's, second guy is just on the field to block. I mean Uzomah was playing decent those first 6 games and since Eifert came back he has been on the bench. 

Also why is it a surprise that Gresham, the Cardinals #1 TE has outperformed our 2nd and 3rd string TE? A #2 TE spot we use mostly for blocking btw. 

ONE more point on your "Gresham has outproduced Kroft and Uzomah combined this year, FYI.". Uzomah has 193 yards in 6 games, Gresham has 351 yards in 14 games. If he kept that pace up he already has 30 more yards in 12 games and would easily outproduce him at 14. 

So in conclusion the Cardinals #1 option at TE has more yards than our #2 TE and our #3 TE that has only played 6 games and was on pace to outperform Gresham easily. But sure lets all miss Gresham.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 01:36 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: At this point I think its just the way we use TE's, second guy is just on the field to block. I mean Uzomah was playing decent those first 6 games and since Eifert came back he has been on the bench. 

Also why is it a surprise that Gresham, the Cardinals #1 TE has outperformed our 2nd and 3rd string TE? A #2 TE spot we use mostly for blocking btw. 

ONE more point on your "Gresham has outproduced Kroft and Uzomah combined this year, FYI.". Uzomah has 193 yards in 6 games, Gresham has 351 yards in 14 games. If he kept that pace up he already has 30 more yards in 11 games and would easily outproduce him at 14. 

So in conclusion the Cardinals #1 option at TE has more yards than our #2 TE and our #3 TE that has only played 6 games and was on pace to outperform Gresham easily. But sure lets all miss Gresham.

Took the words out of my mouth. I was even going to use Uzomah's production from his first 6 games and average it to a full season, etc. Thanks for saving my time I guess. LOL

Gresh ain't bad, but we have no reason to miss him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 12:51 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Uh oh.  Somebody ruffled the Trucker's feathers!!  Nervous

When this place has been a cesspool of negativity (despite a concerted effort to reverse that by those who care about this place) and I write NOTHING about negativity and/or calling out the team, but a mook who has been ruffling feathers, as you put it, since the mothership, goes off on me for something that has 0 to do with what I wrote, I don't accept it.

Just shut up and move on, if you have nothing substantial to say (that's not referring to you, BG71).

(12-24-2016, 01:18 AM)James Brooks Wrote: It's all moot. Let some of the new guys play. We need to see what some of them can do.

Aaaaaand this is what I was getting at.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 08:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Who cares? At this point, let him rest. If we had something to play for, I'm pretty sure he's be playing.

A broken/shredded/whatever arm is a freak accident. If he plays each game that year (not saying he would), he misses only 11 games in  his career.

You've been at it for about 3 months now.

We get it. We don't care anymore.

The constant negativity shit on here is sickening.

Truth for every injured Bengal.  We bytch and moan about wanting to see other players get a shot, but then cry when they sit guys that have fought through injuries all season.  There is no point playing folks that have been fighting through injuries all year. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 09:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I miss Gresham

Maybe if Uzomah gets the start, he can jump offsides or have a holding penalty for old times sake.

Better yet, carry the football in one outstreched arm and fumble when someone comes close.  
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 01:36 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: At this point I think its just the way we use TE's, second guy is just on the field to block. I mean Uzomah was playing decent those first 6 games and since Eifert came back he has been on the bench. 

ONE more point on your "Gresham has outproduced Kroft and Uzomah combined this year, FYI.". Uzomah has 193 yards in 6 games, Gresham has 351 yards in 14 games. If he kept that pace up he already has 30 more yards in 12 games and would easily outproduce him at 14. 

I'm just saying we could have used those picks for better things than TEs who require a paragraph long narrative to explain why they have less yards and TDs than a guy we consider to be a giant detriment, is all. I guess I just think back to the off-season where Eiferts injury was going to be a blessing because we were going to get 2 awesome TEs on the field.

Didn't we all expect more out of these guys?
Reply/Quote