Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals/Jags was the most watched week 13 MNF game since 2010
[Image: IMG-8058.jpg]

That's crazy! It was a very exciting game outside of the injuries though.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Wow
Reply/Quote
Never would have guessed that.
Reply/Quote
The NFL might want to rethink the whole "Bengals are a small market so we can screw them" schtick. They may be bandwagoneers, but Bengals ate becoming must watch football, especially when goung up against KC, Buffalo, Jacksonville etc.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 01:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The NFL might want to rethink the whole "Bengals are a small market so we can screw them" schtick. They may be bandwagoneers, but Bengals are becoming must watch football, especially when going up against KC, Buffalo, Jacksonville etc.

What's really wild is how high that number is and that it was no secret that Joe Burrow is out.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
that seems like a very specific stat, week 13 MNF game. so what was the game last year? Lol. I'm thinking NFL just gains fans year over year and so we're naturally going to get more watchers anyway, but maybe last year's 13 MNF game was terrible?

This game had like 5-6 ties or something which was the most of any game this year.

Last year was Saints (4-9) at Bucs (6-6); Andy Dalton vs Tom Brady. Tom won 17-16.
Reply/Quote
It's those mesmerizing uni's.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The last five years for MNF week 13:
22 Saints (7-10) vs Buccaneers (8-9)
21 Pats (10-7) vs Bills (11-6)
20 Cowboys (6-10) vs Ravens (11-5)
19 Vikings (10-6) vs Seahawks (11-5)
18 Redskins (7-9) vs Eagles (9-7)

This is interesting. Even though there were some stinkers in there most of those should have out-rated this year based on market and or significance. '22 is the only clear loser.

One advantage this Monday night had was that it was competitive throughout. Keeping viewers tuned in carries a lot of weight in the final ratings.

Still, this rating combined with the "Who Dey" presence in Jacksonville hints that we may have a movement started.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 01:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The NFL might want to rethink the whole "Bengals are a small market so we can screw them" schtick. They may be bandwagoneers, but Bengals ate becoming must watch football, especially when goung up against KC, Buffalo, Jacksonville etc.

The Burrow effect has made the Bengals a lot more popular nationally.  Unfortunately they didn't get Burrow in the game but still got a great game.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 01:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The NFL might want to rethink the whole "Bengals are a small market so we can screw them" schtick. They may be bandwagoneers, but Bengals ate becoming must watch football, especially when goung up against KC, Buffalo, Jacksonville etc.

They should focus their efforts on creating a great product that means great games. The AFC is loaded with talent at QB , and it should be stunningly obvious that this creates great games which fans want to watch.

The whole “big market” mindset reeks of corporate laziness, get the low hanging fruit mentality. The problem with that is that the effort and imagination required to get higher hanging fruit is never employed. Even corporations with a great culture suffer from this. And I’m not talking about a great deal of effort or imagination either. It’s infuriating.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
I think Bengals fans sold their tickets to steeler fans 2 weeks ago because for the first time Burrow has been here the crowd in Cincy was 60 -40 Bengals. Towards the end of Marv's tenure it was 75-25 Steelers fans
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 06:06 AM)Roland Wrote: The last five years for MNF week 13:
22 Saints (7-10) vs Buccaneers (8-9)
21 Pats (10-7) vs Bills (11-6)
20 Cowboys (6-10) vs Ravens (11-5)
19 Vikings (10-6) vs Seahawks (11-5)
18 Redskins (7-9) vs Eagles (9-7)

This is interesting. Even though there were some stinkers in there most of those should have out-rated this year based on market and or significance. '22 is the only clear loser.

One advantage this Monday night had was that it was competitive throughout. Keeping viewers tuned in carries a lot of weight in the final ratings.

Still, this rating combined with the "Who Dey" presence in Jacksonville hints that we may have a movement started.

I disagree, 22 had Tom F’n Brady… ratings galore.

This was two of the smaller market teams in the NfL, one of which had a backup.

You are right on the competitive throughout comment. If this goes the way Vegas predicted 10 pt dogs and 40pt over under (25-15 predicted score), the numbers are probably cut in half.
Reply/Quote
Cincy loves their sports teams especially if they win. Reds were selling out when they were in the wild card race up until last game of season
Reply/Quote
I really hope this doesn't get us more prime time games. I hate prime time games lol
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

And just think if Burrow was playing: this would've higher, not a doubt in my mind.

(12-06-2023, 10:55 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I really hope this doesn't get us more prime time games. I hate prime time games lol

LOL agreed. So pissed at the stupid scheduling of these Saturday games :@
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
When you combine this with the fact that the most watched "Hard Knocks" (at the time, not sure if it holds true) contained the Bengals, and some of the best Super Bowl ratings were games with the Bengals, it doesn't take a rocket scientist, Goodell, to figure it out. People like an underdog to succeed and get tired of watching the same old teams every year.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 11:12 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And just think if Burrow was playing: this would've higher, not a doubt in my mind.

LOL agreed. So pissed at the stupid scheduling of these Saturday games :@

I can handle the Saturday late games. Monday and Sunday night games just set my entire week up to be miserable. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 10:55 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I really hope this doesn't get us more prime time games. I hate prime time games lol

You and my wife. lol
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 12:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I can handle the Saturday late games. Monday and Sunday night games just set my entire week up to be miserable. 

Normally, I have no issues with 1 Saturday game, but 2 back to back? It screws up holiday time with family/friends and I have to work on the 16th (which will be on in the background lol: the game is my focal point, once it hits).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 01:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The NFL might want to rethink the whole "Bengals are a small market so we can screw them" schtick. They may be bandwagoneers, but Bengals are becoming must watch football, especially when goung up against KC, Buffalo, Jacksonville etc.

And the 49ers, that was very highly watched as well and we beat them.

We have added a lot of fans over the last couple of years for damn sure, what is wild is both Cincy and and Jacksonville are considered
small market teams. The game being so competitive I am sure helped big time, Jake Browning surprised the hell out of everybody, including
me and it was a great game to watch, very entertaining.

(12-06-2023, 05:20 AM)Goalpost Wrote: It's those mesmerizing uni's.

They are awesome with those helmets alright. Wink

(12-06-2023, 11:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: When you combine this with the fact that the most watched "Hard Knocks" (at the time, not sure if it holds true) contained the Bengals, and some of the best Super Bowl ratings were games with the Bengals, it doesn't take a rocket scientist, Goodell, to figure it out. People like an underdog to succeed and get tired of watching the same old teams every year.

So true. It is why I even watched some of the NBA finals last year when the Nuggets won. I get so sick of the Lakers being in 
the Finals that I didn't watch the NBA for like 10 years and I hate the woke shit as well. I hate it when the stealers are in the SB
even more or even the Patriots. Most I think like to root for the underdog and that is why I became a Bengals fan in the first place
when I was 7 when we were playing the highly regarded Joe Montana, Jerry Rice lead 49ers.

That along with the badazz striped helmets of course.
Reply/Quote