Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordy Glenn? Glad the Bengals didn't bite.
Upon watching some action from the Bills-Jets game tonight, I'm actually really glad that the Bengals didn't spend anything to acquire Cordy Glenn from the Bills.

It's no wonder that the Bills were dangling him as trade bait. He's just not that good. From what I've been seeing, he'd only be marginally at best, better than what we currently have in Ogbuehi.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Agree he may have been the wrong move but wish we would have tried something.

It is going to be very hard to fix in just one year. A piece now would have been nice.

Actually the Bills have the guy I wanted the Bengals to draft in Eric Wood.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 12:28 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree he may have been the wrong move but wish we would have tried something.

It is going to be very hard to fix in just one year. A piece now would have been nice.

Actually the Bills have the guy I wanted the Bengals to draft in Eric Wood.

Ha ha, you said Wood.  But yes, I also wanted the Bengals to draft Eric Wood.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We could swap out our entire Oline with free agents and it would be an improvement. Hell, we probably have backups on our current roster that would be better.

But of course, ML and PA say the offensive line is fine. Who are we to question their genius?
Reply/Quote
He has strung together some years of excellent play.  Perhaps he doesn't fit the new blocking scheme under McDermott.  Perhaps he just stopped caring as much after he got paid.  Some dudes are like that.
Reply/Quote
It would have been something to approve the line. Its frustrating that they keep sending the same guys out there, and trying to convince us that there isn't anything better.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
They could aways sign Jon Toth. I don't think he's on team right now due to his surgery, but he's supposedly healthy and training. He'd be an interior line upgrade.
Reply/Quote
I’ve come to the sobering conclusion that Cincinnati will have a horrible offensive line no matter what until Paul Alexander is replaced by someone who coaches modern blocking technique.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 08:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’ve come to the sobering conclusion that Cincinnati will have a horrible offensive line no matter what until Paul Alexander is replaced by someone who coaches modern blocking technique.

I agree. I don't really believe he knows how to coach an OL? He grabs good players and hopes they evolve into NFL talent so he can get the glory. His hourglass has run out! 

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 08:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I agree. I don't really believe he knows how to coach an OL? He grabs good players and hopes they evolve into NFL talent so he can get the glory. His hourglass has run out! 

You might be more correct than you think.  I live in NC, so I see a lot of Carolina games on TV, even by default.  When Bodine was at Carolina, he was a force.  They ran the ball, a lot.  Gio Bernard was on the same team for at least a year.  Bodine drove defenders off the ball.  I don't know what Paul Alexander did, or didn't do to ****** his development, but I had high hopes for Bodine when we drafted him.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 08:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You might be more correct than you think.  

I'm always right. I thought you knew that?

Reply/Quote