Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals @ Jaguars predictions
Jags have won, lost, won, lost, won, lost, and won in their first 7 games. The pattern continues this week against the Bengals. They will run the ball well but the bengals get some key red zone stops and capitalize on Bortles poor throws. The offense does just enough thanks to a running game that appears out of nowhere. Bengals win 20-16
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 06:32 PM)BMK Wrote: Jag defense is terrible against the run....Last in the league I think. Perfect time for Mixon to put up or shut up.  Bengals defense will want (need) to make a statement after a couple of awful games. Bortles is due for one of his sporadic crap-in-the-pants games.

Bengals 20-13

I agree, the Jags are last against the run. They are primarily a man to man team in the secondary. We should run our WRs deep and then run on them. Kind of joking there but if we can get our RBs outside they could see some passes coming there way. It will have to be quick but it could open up stuff. The o-line should shorten their splits so defender can get in between them... Sad
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 06:41 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: My prediction,
First quarter Andy Dalton is injured and out for the season.
Second quarter AJ Green is injured and out for the season.
Third quarter AJ McCarron is injured and out for the season.
Fourth quarter Vontaze Burfict gets ejected and is suspended for the rest of the season.

After the game
Adam Jones and Joe Mixon go out, get drunk and walk down the street punching women, get 5 years for Assult.
Geno Atkins trips on a reporters mic cord and gets concussed making him re-evaluate then retires.
Carlos Dunlap just leaves never to be seen again.
Bodine is seen in the weight room doing bench presses.
Ogbuhei and Fisher are seen practicing, knock each other out, fall into comas but the Bengals still start them and they don't give up even a QB Pressure the rest of the season and both get selected to the Pro Bowl.

This is stupid, why would Dunlap just up and leave? Makes no sense.

Reply/Quote
Ohhhh man, I think I'm just as worried about this game as the Steelers game. If we won this, it would be HUGE for our team.

Sadly, the Jags literally match up PERFECTLY against us. I honestly think that the entire pocket is going to collapse around Dalton about 5-7 times. And even though they struggle against the run, you have to have a decent O-line to run. I'm just not seeing it, but I do hope Mixon shows he can go toe to toe with Fournette.

Another big concern is that Jalen Ramsey is the definition of a lockdown corner right now. I mean, their corners are incredible. If Ross isn't out there on a good amount of plays, then AJ is going to be extremely frustrated, because I don't see how they will allow him to get open.

But, on the other side of the ball.. not too much to worry about minus Fournette (a MOUNTAIN of a man, holy cow). Even Burfict is going to have a tough time bringing this dude down. If we can lock down the run, or jump out to an early lead, then we make Bortles play NFL football.. not something he is too great at.

I'm going to go with:

Jags: 23

Bengals: 14
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 06:52 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: This is stupid, why would Dunlap just up and leave? Makes no sense.

I misspoke, Dunlap is seen walking the railroad tracks down at Union Terminal. He asks a Trainyard Worker, "Which track leads to Texas?" and is pointed to that track. Crazy as it sounds, he wearing his helmet, shoulder pads and jersey but no pants. He's walking away being heard as saying under his breath with a yell every so often, "15 sacks, 15 sacks...kill the quarterback...kill the mudder!" while punching into his hand.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to say the Bengals win this game 28-27 with a TD at the last second.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Bengals 24-21. Because I’ll be there and they better not waste my money.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 02:57 PM)Trademark Wrote: What’s your predictions? I think that the Bengals win, it will be a defensive game. 16-13

I can't foresee any scenario where the Bengals win.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Jags will look a lot better than the Bengals but the Bengals will win a close ugly one. 17-15 Bengals.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I predict Dalton taking, at least, 6 sacks.
Reply/Quote
Bengals ..17
Jags …….13

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
We will go 3-5.

Dalton will get sacked 6 times, hurried or knocked down another dozen. Passer rating around mid 70s with two picks (fans will blame Dalton).

Run game will have around 80 yards total.

Defense will struggle against the run, but do decent against passing situations. Jags will find a lead with short field, and abuse Fournette (he'll get at least 4 yards a carry).

Jags 27
Bengals 17

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 11:41 PM)McC Wrote: I can't foresee any scenario where the Bengals win.

Why not? Our defense is good and Bortles is awful
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 05:38 AM)Trademark Wrote: Why not? Our defense is good and Bortles is awful

Defense has looked average against competition though.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 01:17 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: We will go 3-5.

Dalton will get sacked 6 times, hurried or knocked down another dozen. Passer rating around mid 70s with two picks (fans will blame Dalton).

Run game will have around 80 yards total.

Defense will struggle against the run, but do decent against passing situations. Jags will find a lead with short field, and abuse Fournette (he'll get at least 4 yards a carry).

Jags 27
Bengals 17

You think our running game with get 80 yards? XD

Should we be so lucky...
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 05:38 AM)Trademark Wrote: Why not? Our defense is good and Bortles is awful

Our defense is overrated. They aren't bad, but they are pretty bad against the run and their pass defense, while strong, doesn't create many turnovers.

And JAX is leading the NFL in rushing YPC (5.0) and rushing yards per game (169). Jacksonville can probably ride Fournette to victory against this defense as long as Bortles doesn't throw multiple picks to our non-intercepting defense.

Our offense, on the other hand, is going up against a defense that has picked off twice as many balls as our defense and is leading the NFL in sacks (33 sacks in 7 games).

To be fair, their defense is awful against the run (5.2 ypc allowed, worst in the NFL), but our offense is equally awful at running the ball (3.2 ypc), which is good for 30th in the NFL, so it may be a wash.

I don't think we win this game. I would love for us to though Big Grin.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals win this game, I will quit posting for the rest of the season.
Not that anyone cares, I'm just "putting my money where my mouth is."
That's how confident I am in my prediction that the Bengals will lose... Probably BADLY by 14 or more.
Reply/Quote
Jacksonville does have injuries to Fournette and how good is back-up Ivory. Injuries to key receivers. How good is Bortles ? So we may be catching them injured, which we could use. IF the Bengals that beat Buffalo Bills show up, we have a chance to win. I don't think Jacksonville as good as Steelers. Lets look it over. Bengals were not ready to start season and Ravens clocked them. Bengals closer against Texans but lost mostly on a play by their good young QB having a good year. Bengals with new OC went into overtime with Packers and Aaron Rodgers won the game. Bengals 0-3 beat Cleveland. Then Bengals best win of season against Buffalo Bills. 2-3 at bye-week. The Steelers played like a Super Bowl team, Bengals to 2-4. Bengals won ugly against Colts to get to 3-4. ...So since 0-3 start the Bengals are 3-1. Somehow the Bengals are 3-1 in their last 4 games and the 5th game was overtime in Green Bay.

So, if the Bengals 3-1 in their last 4 games shows up and plays like they did against Buffalo or like they did in the first half against Steelers, they could win. It's possible Jacksonville is not as good as the Steelers across the board on offense and defense. If the Bengals that beat Buffalo show up, they could get to 4-4, but also be 4-1 in their last 5 games showing they are turning it around from the 0-3 start to season.

I read on here Jacksonville pass rush tough but not as tough on the run. Tony Romo who has broadcast many of our games would say Bengals need to stay out of 2nd and long and 3rd and long. No dumb penalty to put us in 2nd and 15 or 3rd and 20. Romo says to give Dalton and the O line some help by throwing on 1st down when no huge pass rush. Or running or dink passes to set up 2nd and 7 and 3rd and 3 type situations. So the more Bengals can stay out of 3rd and long, the better for our O line against their pass rush. If they are not as good against the run, then Bengals need to run at least 50 % of the time Sunday. Maybe start Mixon for a change and then go to Bernard and how about Hill on 3rd and short or goal line power plays. Maybe use our runners smart at what they are good at.

What the heck....I'm going to say Bengals 3-1 in their last 4 games discover Jags not as good as Steelers. That the Bengals who beat Buffalo show up and make it 4-1 in their last 5 games to get to 4-4 on season. Bengals play good defense and Bengals offense does run the ball better and staying out of 3rd and longs they cut down on Jags blitz. Cutting down on 3rd and longs makes it an easier day for Bengal O Line and Bengals get out with a WIN. Again, our defense is good and catches Jags with too many key players injured, so a good day for Bengals Defense. Bortles throws almost as many picks as TD's and Bengals D keep that going by making some interceptions.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 09:50 AM)kevin Wrote: Jacksonville does have injuries to Fournette and how good is back-up Ivory. Injuries to key receivers. How good is Bortles ? So we may be catching them injured, which we could use. IF the Bengals that beat Buffalo Bills show up, we have a chance to win. I don't think Jacksonville as good as Steelers. Lets look it over. Bengals were not ready to start season and Ravens clocked them. Bengals closer against Texans but lost mostly on a play by their good young QB having a good year. Bengals with new OC went into overtime with Packers and Aaron Rodgers won the game. Bengals 0-3 beat Cleveland. Then Bengals best win of season against Buffalo Bills. 2-3 at bye-week. The Steelers played like a Super Bowl team, Bengals to 2-4. Bengals won ugly against Colts to get to 3-4. ...So since 0-3 start the Bengals are 3-1. Somehow the Bengals are 3-1 in their last 4 games and the 5th game was overtime in Green Bay.

So, if the Bengals 3-1 in their last 4 games shows up and plays like they did against Buffalo or like they did in the first half against Steelers, they could win. It's possible Jacksonville is not as good as the Steelers across the board on offense and defense. If the Bengals that beat Buffalo show up, they could get to 4-4, but also be 4-1 in their last 5 games showing they are turning it around from the 0-3 start to season.

I read on here Jacksonville pass rush tough but not as tough on the run. Tony Romo who has broadcast many of our games would say Bengals need to stay out of 2nd and long and 3rd and long. No dumb penalty to put us in 2nd and 15 or 3rd and 20. Romo says to give Dalton and the O line some help by throwing on 1st down when no huge pass rush. Or running or dink passes to set up 2nd and 7 and 3rd and 3 type situations. So the more Bengals can stay out of 3rd and long, the better for our O line against their pass rush. If they are not as good against the run, then Bengals need to run at least 50 % of the time Sunday. Maybe start Mixon for a change and then go to Bernard and how about Hill on 3rd and short or goal line power plays. Maybe use our runners smart at what they are good at.

What the heck....I'm going to say Bengals 3-1 in their last 4 games discover Jags not as good as Steelers. That the Bengals who beat Buffalo show up and make it 4-1 in their last 5 games to get to 4-4 on season. Bengals play good defense and Bengals offense does run the ball better and staying out of 3rd and longs they cut down on Jags blitz. Cutting down on 3rd and longs makes it an easier day for Bengal O Line and Bengals get out with a WIN. Again, our defense is good and catches Jags with too many key players injured, so a good day for Bengals Defense. Bortles throws almost as many picks as TD's and Bengals D keep that going by making some interceptions.

Gotta admit, Kevin, you came strong with this post. Well thought out and lots of good points. You’ve almost got me taking the bait, restoring that false hope I had after the buffalo game. My only question is, why so cruel? Why would you do that to me?!?

Ah hell, put me down for a bengals win, 20-13!

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 09:23 AM)Tomkat Wrote: If the Bengals win this game, I will quit posting for the rest of the season.
Not that anyone cares, I'm just "putting my money where my mouth is."
That's how confident I am in my prediction that the Bengals will lose... Probably BADLY by 14 or more.

Be ready  :andy:

Reply/Quote