Poll: Game Ball
Andy
Auden
Carlos
Sam
Kevin
Other
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals Jets Game, Game Ball
(12-05-2019, 02:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: We sure about that?

(12-05-2019, 04:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, I feel like Bengals management made the decision to put Andy in. And I suspect they told Taylor 0-16 and you're fired.

Taylor in a press conference after the game said they were sticking with Finley...and that 3 games isn't enough time to evaluate a QB. Then, the next day...Andy was the starter.

So, I think he would have kept Finley IF it was solely his call.

No, I'm not 100% sure. 

I was talking to my dad about it the other day and he thought the Brown family stepped in and basically told Zac do it/0-16 and Dalton isn't gonna be the only person potentially on his way out.

But I do think they've allowed Zac to make most of his decisions, where in the past I feel like they were more reluctant to do it.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 06:10 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: No, I'm not 100% sure. 

I was talking to my dad about it the other day and he thought the Brown family stepped in and basically told Zac do it/0-16 and Dalton isn't gonna be the only person potentially on his way out.

But I do think they've allowed Zac to make most of his decisions, where in the past I feel like they were more reluctant to do it.

yeah im pretty sure the brass told ZT if you go 0-16 you're gone...      But I don't see how ZT wasn't clear on Finley after those 3 games. but that's me.

They seemed to let ZT pick his Staff... Which could have been a mistake on their part seeing how things are rolling...  They might tighten his leash so to speak after this season and start making some decisions for him
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 02:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Was going to go with Dalton but you talked me into Taylor TBM. Was very good playcalling in this game and Zac admitted
a wrong and went back to Dalton and it helped Dalton it seemed a lot. Running the ball even when it is going to be hard is 
something a lot of Playcallers wouldn't do but Zac kept it up and it shown that he is growing in his job.

Dunlap won the DPOW and he deserved it but without Taylor starting Dalton we wouldn't of won this game pretty sure.

I’m not so sure myself. With the defense getting the safety, Finley would only have needed 2 FG’s to beat the Jets 6 points.

Dalton played well, and it’s undeniable he brought a spark to the entire team, but to me this was a defensive win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 11:22 PM)dNicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not so sure myself. With the defense getting the safety, Finley would only have needed 2 FG’s to beat the Jets 6 points.

Dalton played well, and it’s undeniable he brought a spark to the entire team, but to me this was a defensive win.

You're assuming the defense would've played that well even with the offense constantly going 3 and out?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:20 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You're assuming the defense would've played that well even with the offense constantly going 3 and out?

True. Impossible to say how things would have gone with Finley in there, but as we saw in his 3 starts he was at least capable of putting up 6+ points lol

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 11:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not so sure myself. With the defense getting the safety, Finley would only have needed 2 FG’s to beat the Jets 6 points.

Defense wouldn't of been as good with Finley out there pretty sure cause they wouldn't be as fresh.

(12-06-2019, 01:20 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You're assuming the defense would've played that well even with the offense constantly going 3 and out?

My thoughts exactly.

(12-06-2019, 01:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: True. Impossible to say how things would have gone with Finley in there, but as we saw in his 3 starts he was at least capable of putting up 6+ points lol

Yeah but the Jets probably would of scored more than 6+ points if Finley was out there...
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:20 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You're assuming the defense would've played that well even with the offense constantly going 3 and out?

(12-10-2019, 04:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Defense wouldn't of been as good with Finley out there pretty sure cause they wouldn't be as fresh.

My thoughts exactly.

Yeah but the Jets probably would of scored more than 6+ points if Finley was out there...
Newest twist:

We win a game because Defense balls out and QB has mediocre game

"Andy make the defense better". 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 07:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Newest twist:

Havin' a lead enables a pass rush. It's funny how people talk about how invisible Dunlap and Geno are anymore when teams just just run it down our throats because they have the lead. Starting an NFL caliber QB that game allowed us to have a lead.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 08:32 PM)jason Wrote: Havin' a lead enables a pass rush. It's funny how people talk about how invisible Dunlap and Geno are anymore when teams just just run it down our throats because they have the lead. Starting an NFL caliber QB that game allowed us to have a lead.

We had a lead in 2 of the 3 games Finley started. 

I get folks are grasping, but c'mon. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Coming from the guy who blamed the defense giving up 200 rush yards and 27 points in the Chargers playoff game on bad QB play, this is comical.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 08:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We had a lead in 2 of the 3 games Finley started. 

I get folks are grasping, but c'mon. 

14 minutes out of 180.

Who is grasping?
Reply/Quote

Nothing new about the argument that the QB controls the defenses production.  Check out this post.

(10-27-2019, 09:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes and I thought you knew a little more about football than this, but since you asked; I'll educate you:

When your offense cannot hold on to the ball you D is more vulnerable to giving up points/yards. 

When your QB continually turns over the ball your D is more vulnerable to giving up points/yards

when you QB sucks and dinks and dunks the defenses load the box; therefore making it more difficult for your RBs to gain yards.

All the above are specifics and do not take into account the general rule of thumb that when your QB struggles your whole team struggles.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Let's keep this thread alive to remind us all that the Bengals beat the lowly Jets for their only win. Hilarious

Reply/Quote

Mediocre is better than how Finley played Bfine, come on man.

Dalton helped us win this game, to say different is crazy to me.

Highly doubt we win this game if Finley played throwing picks all over the place.

You think we beat the Jets with Finley out there? I don't think so.
Reply/Quote