Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals-Jets Trade Mock
This year we were able to see that this team has a number of holes. With needs at DT, DE, LB, OL to name a few. Because of these needs, I think we see the front office trade away one of the Bengals “luxury” assets… AJ McCarron. There are a number of teams that need a QB, however I think that AJ moves a little north to the outskirts of NYC. AJ ends up a Jet. (I only selected a comp pick in Rd 4, we also have picks in 5, 6 and 7)

Bengals/Jets Trade

Bengals trade- AJ McCarron
Bengals receive- 2 round pick, 3 round pick

Jets trade- 2 round pick, 3 round pick
Jets get- AJ McCarron

Round 1- Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
Thomas is the RE that we need to replace MJ, and is the perfect pass rusher to pair with Dunlap. This pick is the perfect combination of BPA and need. You can’t really go wrong with this pick.

Round 2- Forrest Lamp, G, WKU
Lamp is a compact, athletic lineman who played both guard and tackle in college. He has the strength/athleticism to start at RG from day one for us.
Round 2- Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina
Jones has shown well against top competition at the Combine and at the Senior Bowl. Expect him to continue his ways of catching EVERYTHING thrown his way at the next level.

Round 3- Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio State
McMillan is the perfect ILB in the modern NFL. He has the ability to stuff the run, but also the skills needed to match up with a TE in pass coverage.
Round 3- Pat Elflein, C/G, Ohio State
Bodine isn’t cutting it. Elflein gives us the type of quality center we need, with the versatility to play guard in a pinch. His stock has dropped a little in recent weeks. Scouts are concerned with his size and length.

Round 4- Taylor Moton, OT/G, Western Michigan
Moton is a lesser known talent, but a talent. He has the versatility to play G or T, and the strength/footwork to play well in both the run and pass games.
Round 4- Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami
Since we are trading away our backup QB, I expect the Bengals to take a developmental backup in the draft. Kaaya has the talent to play in the NFL, but we will see if the coaches can bring it out of him.

Round 5- Eddie Vanderdoes, DT, UCLA
A stout run defender to replace the likes of Peko and Sims. Some much needed youth to pair with Atkins and Billings.

Round 6- James Conner, RB, Pittsburgh
Conner is a great story. He is a larger back, possesses great power and has adequate hands to contribute in the passing game. Don’t expect him to contribute right away. But, in a year he could be the answer at RB.

Round 7- Jalen Reeves-Maybin, OLB/ILB, Tennessee
This is a depth pick. We do have need at the LB position, as well as a need for special teams contributors. Reeves-Maybin gives us both.

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 02:34 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: This year we were able to see that this team has a number of holes.  With needs at DT, DE, LB, OL to name a few.  Because of these needs, I think we see the front office trade away one of the Bengals “luxury” assets… AJ McCarron.  There are a number of teams that need a QB, however I think that AJ moves a little north to the outskirts of NYC.  AJ ends up a Jet.  (I only selected a comp pick in Rd 4, we also have picks in 5, 6 and 7)

Bengals/Jets Trade

Jets get- AJ McCarron

Thomas is the RE that we need to replace MJ, and is the perfect pass rusher to pair with Dunlap.  This pick is the perfect combination of BPA and need.  You can’t really go wrong with this pick.

Lamp is a compact, athletic lineman who played both guard and tackle in college.  He has the strength/athleticism to start at RG from day one for us.
Jones has shown well against top competition at the Combine and at the Senior Bowl.  Expect him to continue his ways of catching EVERYTHING thrown his way at the next level.

McMillan is the perfect ILB in the modern NFL.  He has the ability to stuff the run, but also the skills needed to match up with a TE in pass coverage.
Bodine isn’t cutting it.  Elflein gives us the type of quality center we need, with the versatility to play guard in a pinch.  His stock has dropped a little in recent weeks.  Scouts are concerned with his size and length.

Moton is a lesser known talent, but a talent.  He has the versatility to play G or T, and the strength/footwork to play well in both the run and pass games.
Since we are trading away our backup QB, I expect the Bengals to take a developmental backup in the draft.  Kaaya has the talent to play in the NFL, but we will see if the coaches can bring it out of him.

A stout run defender to replace the likes of Peko and Sims.  Some much needed youth to pair with Atkins and Billings.

Conner is a great story.  He is a larger back, possesses great power and has adequate hands to contribute in the passing game.  Don’t expect him to contribute right away.  But, in a year he could be the answer at RB.

This is a depth pick.  We do have need at the LB position, as well as a need for special teams contributors.  Reeves-Maybin gives us both.

I like it a lot.  1 thing though, Moton is not a lesser known talent. He's very good, and is coming off a terrific combine. He has been discussed as a 2nd round guy even before the combine.  Love the James Conner pick. Great kid, and very good talent

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 02:42 PM)Burma Wrote: I like it a lot.  1 thing though, Moton is not a lesser known talent. He's very good, and is coming off a terrific combine. He has been discussed as a 2nd round guy even before the combine.  Love the James Conner pick. Great kid, and very good talent

I wrote up the info on Moton a couple months ago.  Forgot to edit his section before posting.

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
I'm a big fan of this mock. I'd personally prefer the rumored McCarron for Sheldon Richardson trade though. Why risk a number nine pick on a guy when you have a guaranteed starter via trade?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 03:29 AM)pledgi Wrote: I'm a big fan of this mock.  I'd personally prefer the rumored McCarron for Sheldon Richardson trade though.   Why risk a number nine pick on a guy when you have a guaranteed starter via trade?

and we would get a second rounder out of this.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 03:42 AM)Jpoore Wrote: and we would get a second rounder out of this.

where is the RB????  we're not going to wait and draft someone like conner later on and not address RB earlier...i know we need OL help but they're not gonna go crazy and draft a bunch this year in a weak class....we havent signed burkhead yet...gio is hurt...peerman isnt signed yet....we got hill and thats it....sorry but RB needs to be addressed way before then. With the interest we have shown I would almost bet we take Mixon in the 2nd if he is there.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 04:39 AM)pulses Wrote: where is the RB????  we're not going to wait and draft someone like conner later on and not address RB earlier...i know we need OL help but they're not gonna go crazy and draft a bunch this year in a weak class....we havent signed burkhead yet...gio is hurt...peerman isnt signed yet....we got hill and thats it....sorry but RB needs to be addressed way before then. With the interest we have shown I would almost bet we take Mixon in the 2nd if he is there.
cant remember who it was but in another thread someone actually said rumor is were hoping hes there in the second and we would draft him. Thats a steal.
Reply/Quote
I like the trade an like the draft overall. Would have really liked to see your 3 remaining comp picks.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 09:51 AM)Crowe Wrote: I like the trade an like the draft overall. Would have really liked to see your 3 remaining comp picks.

I reconsidered the kaaya pick, might slide Desmond King in there. Awuzie in the 5th, pumphrey in the 6th and torgerson in the 7th

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 03:29 AM)pledgi Wrote: I'm a big fan of this mock.  I'd personally prefer the rumored McCarron for Sheldon Richardson trade though.   Why risk a number nine pick on a guy when you have a guaranteed starter via trade?

Why risk trading McCarron for a guy that is a known discipline problem?  The guy showed up late or not at all for meetings in New York.  1 year left on his deal - no way I trade for that guy.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 11:15 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Why risk trading McCarron for a guy that is a known discipline problem?  The guy showed up late or not at all for meetings in New York.  1 year left on his deal - no way I trade for that guy.

neither did aj green...
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 12:22 AM)Jpoore Wrote: neither did aj green...

AJ had an injury.  Completely different story.  AJ has never been a discipline issue - Richardson has.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 11:58 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: AJ had an injury.  Completely different story.  AJ has never been a discipline issue - Richardson has.

I ditto the concern with a Richardson trade... however, give me Richardson and a 2 or 3 and it is a done deal.

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 11:58 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: AJ had an injury.  Completely different story.  AJ has never been a discipline issue - Richardson has.

I'm a huge aj fan. But fact is he didn't miss the meetings bc he was injured. He missed the meetings bc he wasn't allowed to play in the game. That is a discipline problem.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 02:34 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: This year we were able to see that this team has a number of holes.  With needs at DT, DE, LB, OL to name a few.  Because of these needs, I think we see the front office trade away one of the Bengals “luxury” assets… AJ McCarron.  There are a number of teams that need a QB, however I think that AJ moves a little north to the outskirts of NYC.  AJ ends up a Jet.  (I only selected a comp pick in Rd 4, we also have picks in 5, 6 and 7)

Bengals/Jets Trade

Jets get- AJ McCarron

Thomas is the RE that we need to replace MJ, and is the perfect pass rusher to pair with Dunlap.  This pick is the perfect combination of BPA and need.  You can’t really go wrong with this pick.

Lamp is a compact, athletic lineman who played both guard and tackle in college.  He has the strength/athleticism to start at RG from day one for us.
Jones has shown well against top competition at the Combine and at the Senior Bowl.  Expect him to continue his ways of catching EVERYTHING thrown his way at the next level.

McMillan is the perfect ILB in the modern NFL.  He has the ability to stuff the run, but also the skills needed to match up with a TE in pass coverage.
Bodine isn’t cutting it.  Elflein gives us the type of quality center we need, with the versatility to play guard in a pinch.  His stock has dropped a little in recent weeks.  Scouts are concerned with his size and length.

Moton is a lesser known talent, but a talent.  He has the versatility to play G or T, and the strength/footwork to play well in both the run and pass games.
Since we are trading away our backup QB, I expect the Bengals to take a developmental backup in the draft.  Kaaya has the talent to play in the NFL, but we will see if the coaches can bring it out of him.

A stout run defender to replace the likes of Peko and Sims.  Some much needed youth to pair with Atkins and Billings.

Conner is a great story.  He is a larger back, possesses great power and has adequate hands to contribute in the passing game.  Don’t expect him to contribute right away.  But, in a year he could be the answer at RB.

This is a depth pick.  We do have need at the LB position, as well as a need for special teams contributors.  Reeves-Maybin gives us both.

I forget what the exact line used by Clark Griswold was in "Vacation" where he said something about needing the authorities to wipe the smiles off of our faces. This would be the most amazing draft in Bengal history, if not NFL history.  The only problem is almost all of those picks will be gone a round before you having them being selected by the Bengals.

It is sure fun to dream, though!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am not sure Lamp gets out of the 1st, he could be as high as early 20's in the 1st. I like the rest of the picks though.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 05:05 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I'm a huge aj fan. But fact is he didn't miss the meetings bc he was injured. He missed the meetings bc he wasn't allowed to play in the game. That is a discipline problem.

Yes, he was injured.  He had his hamstring injury and wasn't being allowed to play.

If you are really going to sit here and say he is a discipline risk, then I really don't know what to tell you.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 11:39 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Yes, he was injured.  He had his hamstring injury and wasn't being allowed to play.

If you are really going to sit here and say he is a discipline risk, then I really don't know what to tell you.

hes not a risk. But fact is he didnt miss the meetings bc of the injury. He missed the meetings bc he was pisssed he wasnt allowed to play. He still could have gone to the meetings.
Reply/Quote