Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals LOGO
With all the changes going on, I was wondering what you thought about the Bengals LOGO. I personally still like the tiger of 1997-2003. I guess the "B" is ok, but I feel it's time to change it.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/154/Cincinnati_Bengals/
Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
Reply/Quote
I would tend to agree with you, but this is a slippery slope to a full-blown uniform thread. Just sayin.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I have never liked the “B”.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 08:46 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I would tend to agree with you, but this is a slippery slope to a full-blown uniform thread. Just sayin.

Alright... Stay with me here. I think the players should start the year with completely blank orange helmets. When a player makes a great play, they get a stripe (My phone wanted to go with the word stripper right there). We could even do the same with their nameplate on the back of the jerseys. They start off blank.... Tyler Boyd scores a TD, he gets a B... So on and so forth.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 09:22 PM)jason Wrote: Alright... Stay with me here. I think the players should start the year with completely blank orange helmets. When a player makes a great play, they get a stripe (My phone wanted to go with the word stripper right there). We could even do the same with their nameplate on the back of the jerseys. They start off blank.... Tyler Boyd scores a TD, he gets a B... So on and so forth.

Riiiiight...your phone....

Pretty cool idea, which is why the NFL would never allow it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Keep the B. The leaping tiger looks like a high school logo. And an outdated one at that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 09:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Keep the B. The leaping tiger looks like a high school logo. And an outdated one at that.

The leaping Tiger was still better than the B.  Maybe they go with crouching tiger?  You know, one that looks ready to attack, rather than one that looks like it's prey ran away in mid-leap.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 09:35 PM)McC Wrote: Riiiiight...your phone....

Pretty cool idea, which is why the NFL would never allow it.

What can I say? My phone knows me.

Actually one of the saddest parts of getting a divorce was when I realized that I've completely outgrown strip clubs... I feel bad for the broads, and they're pretty damn annoying.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 09:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The leaping Tiger was still better than the B.  Maybe they go with crouching tiger?  You know, one that looks ready to attack, rather than one that looks like it's prey ran away in mid-leap.

How bout a tiger with whatever kind of deer they have India in it's mouth... Maybe a small child or something. I'm not married to the idea... Just a tiger carrying some sorta prey.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 10:09 PM)jason Wrote: How bout a tiger with whatever kind of deer they have India in it's mouth... Maybe a small child or something. I'm not married to the idea... Just a tiger carrying some sorta pretty.

In India?  Maybe the Tiger is clutching the sacred cow, or even a Brahmin child?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 09:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Keep the B. The leaping tiger looks like a high school logo. And an outdated one at that.

To me the "leaping" tiger always looked like he had just been kicked in the ass.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 10:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In India?  Maybe the Tiger is clutching the sacred cow, or even a Brahmin child?

Now we're talking.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 10:17 PM)Beaker Wrote: To me the "leaping" tiger always looked like he had just been kicked in the ass.

Hopefully that's Coach Taylor's plan.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I don’t like the leaping tiger either. A little like Detroit’s lion. I like the tiger of 97-2003.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:05 PM)Phil in BG Wrote: I don’t like the leaping tiger either. A little like Detroit’s lion. I like the tiger of 97-2003.

Umm, Phil...  The Tiger of 97-03 is the leaping tiger that we're all speaking of.   Mellow

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Umm, Phil...  The Tiger of 97-03 is the leaping tiger that we're all speaking of.   Mellow

If you look at the link on my original post it shows the leaping tiger in 68-69 and the tiger head 97-03. It could be wrong though.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:39 PM)Phil in BG Wrote: If you look at the link on my original post it shows the leaping tiger in 68-69 and the tiger head 97-03. It could be wrong though.

Yeah, that old one isn't a leaping tiger, it's a charging tiger with a football.  The leaping tiger was the logo on the center of the field, and on the shoulder of the jerseys, in the 97-03 era.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, that old one isn't a leaping tiger, it's a charging tiger with a football.  The leaping tiger was the logo on the center of the field, and on the shoulder of the jerseys, in the 97-03 era.

I guess I just like the head shot and not the whole tiger.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 06:17 PM)Phil in BG Wrote: With all the changes going on, I was wondering what you thought about the Bengals LOGO. I personally still like the tiger of 1997-2003. I guess the "B" is ok, but I feel it's time to change it.

how bout this for a new logo?

[Image: 3c6e32d037da1711b8294622f0618db7--cincin...-merle.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:59 PM)GodFather Wrote: how bout this for a new logo?

[Image: 3c6e32d037da1711b8294622f0618db7--cincin...-merle.jpg]

All for it. :)

Reply/Quote