Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals, Lafell closing in on deal
(03-30-2016, 12:18 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Would you two just shut up and bicker in private. Or like on each other wall message thingy or something. Damn I want to read about LaFell not you two arguing.

(03-30-2016, 12:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Same. With everyone looking for any news of a potential finalized deal, people are seeing this thread get updated since last time they go to it. Perhaps some (like myself) are hoping to find some news regarding an official deal with LaFell only to find bickering back and forth over nothing.

(03-30-2016, 12:25 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I'll 2nd that motion 

I will 3rd this motion
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 01:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Someone corrected me earlier on Nate Washington and pointed out that it took 2 weeks for him to sign with NE. It was actually 10 days, but who's counting. We're now close to 2 weeks since LaFell's visit and a full week since it was announced we were "closing in" on a deal. Btw, Dansby's deal isn't official either and it was only announced that a deal is "almost" done.

Fwiw, I do think we'll get these guys signed, but I've never seen a couple of lower level FA's take so long to sign. Especially when word is that deals are imminent. Maybe LaFell and Dansby are disappointed in the current market for their services? I don't care what anyone says, free agency is moving slower than usual this year. It does typically slow down after the first few days, but damn.

There's still plenty of decent players available and they're barely even taking visits, let alone signing contracts. I'm guessing that agents are waiting for things to heat up so they can get better offers, while teams are waiting it out for prices to drop. Some of these guys may have to wait til the draft is finished from the looks of it.

Dansby has signed.

"On Tuesday, The Enquirer confirmed through a league source that Dansby and the Bengals are on the verge of consummating a deal after visiting the club last week -- on Wednesday the deal became official. The linebacker agreed to a one-year deal."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/03/29/cincinnati-bengals-sign-linebacker-karlos-dansby/82377574/
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 01:41 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: Dansby has signed.

"On Tuesday, The Enquirer confirmed through a league source that Dansby and the Bengals are on the verge of consummating a deal after visiting the club last week -- on Wednesday the deal became official. The linebacker agreed to a one-year deal."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/03/29/cincinnati-bengals-sign-linebacker-karlos-dansby/82377574/

Good news, probably the right thing to only do a one year deal with his age.

If he keeps it up just keep giving him one year deals.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 01:41 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: Dansby has signed.

Ha. So 45 minutes after my post, the Dansby signing becomes official. Hopefully LaFell is next.

Btw, I love that Dansby will probably come with a built in hatred for the Steelers, coming from his Super Bowl loss to them in '08 and his time with the Browns.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote