Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals, Lafell closing in on deal
Beyond AJ, how NFL snaps do the rest of our WRs have combined? Tate has to have the most. I can totally see the need for someone with a bit more experience. I hope he pans out.

NEXT (I hope):
Nelson
Dansby
Hall

What happened to Gilberry?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Unless Gilberry would take the veteran minimum, not sure why he would return. The Bengals have all the leverage and shouldn't offer him any more.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 11:01 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Sounds like he would fit the bengals mold very well!

Hope it happens sooner than later. Followed quickly by that 2 year deal for Reggie nelson and maybe a 1-2 for hall

Then focus 100% attention to draft

its hard to let go of hall i know...

but with Kirk Dennard and Jones i figure we start developing some younger guys to fill the backend and special teams.
Reply/Quote
its hard to let go of hall i know...

but with Kirk Dennard and Jones i figure we start developing some younger guys to fill the backend and special teams.

If hall can be had on a cheap deal it would be nice to have him back. But otherwise I agree it would be time to move ob
N
Reply/Quote
I don't understand why everyone is crying about hall. The guy has tons of injuries and you can't develop guys if he's taking snaps. I respect him, but i think its time to move on. We could always bring him back if one of the guys get injured mid season

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The best part of signing LaFell is that Mike gets to keep his precious Compensatory Picks.

[Image: 11b1wt.jpg]
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 12:20 PM)Okeana Wrote: I don't understand why everyone is crying about hall.  The guy has tons of injuries and you can't develop guys if he's taking snaps.  I respect him, but i think its time to move on.  We could always bring him back if one of the guys get injured mid season

I agree, but not sure I completely trust Dre yet.  Also think Hall will end up getting picked up by the end of camp.  Lets hope we can get a smoking deal on him.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 12:20 PM)Okeana Wrote: I don't understand why everyone is crying about hall.  The guy has tons of injuries and you can't develop guys if he's taking snaps.  I respect him, but i think its time to move on.  We could always bring him back if one of the guys get injured mid season

Part of it is like when Willie left. He was a good player for a lot of years and a lot of fans liked him. Was it time to move on? Yes. Did a lot of people want him to stay on in some role? Yes. Hell, people were even suggesting to make him line coach. But in the end, Willie thought Willie could still play at a certain level, so he left. Hall — and this is 100% assumption on my part — may feel the same.

But, just like Willie, I'd like to see Hall come back until he's ready to retire. Just as some depth, though.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 12:38 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I agree, but not sure I completely trust Dre yet.  Also think Hall will end up getting picked up by the end of camp.  Lets hope we can get a smoking deal on him.

This is why I think they may draft a CB in the 1st....someone like Jackson III
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 10:33 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Another Patriots cast off WR? Sweet.  Mellow

Brandon LaFell's 2014 stats:

74 catches
953 yards 
7 TDs

Brandon Tate's career stats (6 seasons)

57 catches
901 yards
6 TDs

They're not even in the same stratosphere.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Apparently the Bengals like guys named Brandon who wore #19 for the Pats:

TATE:
[Image: Brandon-Tate.jpg]
LAFELL:
[Image: th?id=OIP.M4399192876b5e50f812212875ebe3...=300&h=300]

That's about where the similarities end though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Would be a nice addition. More production and more talent than Sanu.

This would help us immensely going into the Draft where we can add another WR.

All for this.
Reply/Quote
Fun fact:

LaFell in 6 seasons and 87 games:
278 catches
3853 yards (13.9 yards/catch)
20 TDs

MLJ and Sanu combined in 7 total seasons and 100 games:
286 catches
3522 yards (12.3 yards/catch)
26 TDs
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 01:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fun fact:

278 catches
20 TDs

286 catches
26 TDs

lol.
Reply/Quote

278 catches
20 TDs

286 catches
26 TDs

That ought to open Aquapod's and others eyes who don't know about Lafell.

The only reason i didn't say that Lafell had more production than MLJ was cause of his 10 TD season.

Which 4 of those TD's were in one game.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 01:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That ought to open Aquapod's and others eyes who don't know about Lafell.

The only reason i didn't say that Lafell had more production than MLJ was cause of his 10 TD season.

Which 4 of those TD's were in one game.

People will still ***** and moan.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 01:59 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: People will still ***** and moan.

Yeah, but those dudes always ***** and moan so who really cares... Mellow
Reply/Quote

278 catches
20 TDs

286 catches
26 TDs

Good point. Just to play devil's advocate, NE throws it a lot more than we do (averaging 8 more attempts per game than us last year).

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/pass-attempts-per-game

Not that I'm knocking the signing, I think LaFell is a very good fit for us from what I've read (I honestly haven't seen him play enough to be one way or the other).
Reply/Quote
Good point. Just to play devil's advocate, NE throws it a lot more than we do (averaging 8 more attempts per game than us last year).

Not that I'm knocking the signing, I think LaFell is a very good fit for us from what I've read (I honestly haven't seen him play enough to be one way or the other).

Just to play the advocate to the devil, he only played in NE just over 1.5 of his 6 years and missed a half year to injury
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 02:14 PM)Benton Wrote: Good point. Just to play devil's advocate, NE throws it a lot more than we do (averaging 8 more attempts per game than us last year).

True, but LaFell only played 1.5 seasons in NE. Carolina generally threw less than us, so it evens out.

Also, we're talking one player vs two. 

Either way, my point isn't really to say that LaFell > MLJ and Sanu combined. It's more to say that LaFell is better than some think and maybe MLJ and Sanu weren't quite as good/productive as some think.
Reply/Quote