Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals, Lafell closing in on deal
What i saw from the highlights...

Big body, fast, tracks the ball well and looks like a polished route runner.

As others have said he just had a bad year last year and that could very well be attributed to the injury.

Thanks for the highlights by the way Shake.

Hope this guy becomes a Bengal. Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 12:35 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The best part of signing LaFell is that Mike gets to keep his precious Compensatory Picks.

Mike = Gollum
The Ring = comp picks

Freakin' hilarious

I also "borrowed" your Vontaze gif.

[Image: 11b1wt.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Give him a one year deal. Keep him motivated.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 10:12 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Its looking more and more like the Bengals are going to sign LaFell. Do you guys think he is an upgrade over Sanu?

I would say he is based on these stats:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12576/brandon-lafell

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14922/mohamed-sanu

I think LaFell will fit into this offense really well.

That would mean we would be getting a better player than Sanu at about half the cost. Great work, Bengals.

Better be less than that
Reply/Quote
Nothing official announced yet.

We all know what happens next. He gets signed by another team tomorrow.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Crazy thing is... Rueben Randle signed for 1yr/$1m.

Would much rather have him over Tate considering it was for the same or less money.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 09:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Crazy thing is... Rueben Randle signed for 1yr/$1m.

Would much rather have him over Tate considering it was for the same or less money.

Tate actually signed for $760k I believe, but still valid point. I'd definitely expect to get much more out of Randle than Tate.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 09:43 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Tate actually signed for $760k I believe, but still valid point. I'd definitely expect to get much more out of Randle than Tate.

What in the ...

Why didn't we jump on that? Reuban Randle is actually pretty good and I would've liked us to sign him to be our #3.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 09:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Crazy thing is... Rueben Randle signed for 1yr/$1m.

Are you sure?  I am seeing he signed for 1yr/$3m with $500K guaranteed.
Reply/Quote
Like it if it goes through.

Still want a WR. Maybe not first round. Unless Will Fuller is there. Then you pull the trigger on him
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 10:38 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Like it if it goes through.

Still want a WR. Maybe not first round. Unless Will Fuller is there. Then you pull the trigger on him

Sterling Shepard is my guy.

I'd take him in the 2nd easily. He could become one of the premiere/best slot receivers in the league.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 09:58 PM)milksheikh Wrote: What in the ...

Why didn't we jump on that? Reuban Randle is actually pretty good and I would've liked us to sign him to be our #3.

You should see the Giants fans opinion of the guy, they love the Eagles signing him. Lacks effort, quits on routes and according to them is a big reason for a ton of Eli's interceptions(think Caldwell for us).

So yea I'll pass on Randle.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 10:30 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: Are you sure?  I am seeing he signed for 1yr/$3m with $500K guaranteed.

1 million with incentives that could reach 3 is what I read.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 09:33 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Nothing official announced yet.

We all know what happens next. He gets signed by another team tomorrow.

Not a big deal to me if we lose him.  Hope we don't pay too much for him.  
Reply/Quote
Looks to be a sound move.

Here's the nepatriotsdraft write up on the Patriots initial acquisition of him. Good read

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2014/03/finding-brandon-lafells-purpose-in-the-patriots-receiving-plans.html

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 10:53 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Sterling Shepard is my guy.

I'd take him in the 2nd easily. He could become one of the premiere/best slot receivers in the league.

this....Shepard is gonna be a stud
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 05:41 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Not a big deal to me if we lose him.  Hope we don't pay too much for him.  

Yea but its not like the market is that hot for him as well, so I doubt it has anything to do with money. There's something snagging up this process though. Unless were just "kicking tires" like we always do.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 03:33 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Last year was a really bad year for him. Didn't really do much, but at the same time he was injured.

He dropped 6 passes, which was as many as Tyler Eifert.

However, LaFell only caught 50% of the passes thrown his way. Eifert caught 70.3%

Then, in 2014, LaFell only dropped 2 passes with 74 receptions and 114 targets. He caught 62.2% of passes thrown his way and had a drop rate of 1.7%

LaFell had a bad season last year, but he is still talented. As for speed? Same 40 time as Sanu. In the 4.5's

Thank you ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 07:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote:

He seems like a mix of Sanu and ML Tongue      WIN!
Reply/Quote
Get him Signed and on a plane to wherever Andy Dalton is...
Reply/Quote