Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals/ Lions. Anyone care?
Christmas Eve. The Bengals at home against Detroit. They might get 20,000 people if they give the tickets away and offer a pre game tour of the Ben-Gal locker room (with the Ben-Gals still in it).

Exciting stuff!
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 03:31 PM)Antares Wrote: Christmas Eve. The Bengals at home against Detroit. They might get 20,000 people if they give the tickets away and offer a pre game tour of the Ben-Gal locker room (with the Ben-Gals still in it).

Exciting stuff!

Do I care? NO!
No one on the team including coaches cares, so why should I?
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:09 PM)Derrick Wrote: Do I care? NO!
No one on the team including coaches cares, so why should I?

Marvin Jones is fun to watch.. that is about all I can say. 
Reply/Quote
We have tickets, so we'll go and make the best of it. I'm a fan of both teams, so at least I'll get to see the Lions win. Ho ho ho.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I love me some Marvin Jones, so it’ll be fun seeing him back in the building. I just wish it was for a meaningful game. I’d love to see him make Dre K look silly all day long.

As far as the actual outcome, no I don’t care one bit. Hopefully we get to see a few impressive individual performances.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Although the chances are 1 in a million that a tight spiraled ball with the speed of a bullet leaves Stafford's hand and strikes Marvin in the temple? I can't take that chance of missing it. I will be watching. Kinda like the one below, but much harder and his head flies off.

[Image: pam-oliver.gif]

Reply/Quote
Nope.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Excited to watch Marvin Jones school this team.

Our only hope is if WJ3 blankets him.

Hopefully Kirkpatrick is back to really emphasize the massive screw ups the front office has made.

I'm thinking Marvin goes for 159 yards and 2 TDs on 6 receptions.
Reply/Quote
Has the appeal of an exhibition game.

Bengals will lose.

They won't score in second half unless they are down by 30 and Lions D basically concedes a score ( like Vikings)
Reply/Quote
Seeing Secondary Market tickets going for $11.50 and decent seats for like $20. Bwaaaahaaaaa baaaaaahaaaaaaa Hilarious
Reply/Quote
At this point, I only care about who the next HC will be and the Bengals getting as high a draft pick as possible.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 03:31 PM)Antares Wrote: Christmas Eve. The Bengals at home against Detroit. They might get 20,000 people if they give the tickets away and offer a pre game tour of the Ben-Gal locker room (with the Ben-Gals still in it).

Exciting stuff!

I'll have football on TV all day while family is at the house because of fantasy football championships.
But no way in hell would I care to go to that game, and I hope that that stadium is less than half-full to hopefully send a message that the fans no longer will accept "just not being the worst."
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:53 PM)PhilHos Wrote: At this point, I only care about who the next HC will be and the Bengals getting as high a draft pick as possible.

And just like last year, there won't be a selection that a majority of the fan base will be in favor of.
If it's OT, some fans will say it was a big reach.
If it's OG/C, some fans will say that player has no shot of getting a second contract.
If it's WR - "WR was just taken last year!"
If it's CB - "Great, another damn CB. Why do we need 4-5 first-round CBs?!"
If it's DT - "We have Atkins already!"
If it's DE - "We have Dunlap and just drafted Lawson and Willis last year!"
If it's QB - "We already have Dalton and McCarron!"
If it's TE - "Great, here comes another hurt player who we won't extend!"
If it's LB - "We need offense, not defense!"
If it's S - "We have bigger needs than a safety! Iloka and Williams aren't top-tier but they're fine!"

With how the OL prospects are stacking up, knowing Mike Brown puts less priority on interior OL, and seeing how much the defense has been declining, I'm starting to become more in favor of defense in Round 1.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If Mikey promises to play QB and gets sacked multiple times before the first 2 minutes then stays in the whole game I would be interested in caring..otherwise..uhh..no. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'll probably tune into the game, but if they look anything like the last 2 weeks...

[Image: 200.gif]

LOL
Reply/Quote
I’ll watch and root for a win, but I don’t care. A loss just means a better draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 05:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: And just like last year, there won't be a selection that a majority of the fan base will be in favor of.
If it's OG/C, some fans will say that player has no shot of getting a second contract.
If it's S - "We have bigger needs than a safety! Iloka and Williams aren't top-tier but they're fine!"

With how the OL prospects are stacking up, knowing Mike Brown puts less priority on interior OL, and seeing how much the defense has been declining, I'm starting to become more in favor of defense in Round 1.

True, but then this message board would be interesting again. We need a good topic for debate. All we've got is who can make the most damning argument of the Bengals/Mikey/Merv. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
No
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 05:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: And just like last year, there won't be a selection that a majority of the fan base will be in favor of.

Just goes to show how many holes there are on this team. I’d be fine with any of those positions except CB and WR.
Reply/Quote
I’m done going to PBS this year. No more money from me in 2017
Reply/Quote