Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Listening to Trade Offers from Five Teams
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/report-cincinnati-bengals-listening-to-trade-offers-from-multiple-teams-on-no-1-pick/?fbclid=IwAR0BHSTQ20lf84YbhKKH9_jGhMP0XeQBOnePvt_T9PQxhfnxQOQCATrbakE

I've not heard of this site, and I don't know if it's true but it says the Dolphins, Bears, Chargers, Broncos, and Bucs have made offers and the Bengals are listening. I don't have a problem with them considering this. It would have to be a crazy offer in order to take it though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Two of those teams I would think are trying to leap in front of Washington for Chase Young...
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 06:44 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Two of those teams I would think are trying to leap in front of Washington for Chase Young...

And the Bears don't even have a first round pick, so I don't know what they would have to offer.  
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 07:14 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: And the Bears don't even have a first round pick, so I don't know what they would have to offer.  

Two second rounders and future first rounders I would guess.

Can't see that happening though.

The website is reporting that from a tweet from some guy I've never heard of either. 

Only two of those teams make sense, Miami and Tampa. Seems like San Diego is looking Herbert.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 07:21 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Two second rounders and future first rounders I would guess.

Can't see that happening though.

The website is reporting that from a tweet from some guy I've never heard of either. 

Only two of those teams make sense, Miami and Tampa. Seems like San Diego is looking Herbert.

I wouldn't even give that offer the time of day.  Maybe I would think about all three of Miami's first rounders, plus their second.
Reply/Quote
The only of those teams that have the draft capital to even come close to arranging a trade for #1OA are the Dolphins IMO. I don't think they made all those trades last year to trade them all up for the #1OA player which is what it would probably take.

Also the Broncos seem happy with Lock so far, so they are probably out. I also would not be surprised to see Dalton traded to the Bears for a 3rd or 4th round pick. Even then the Bears don't even have a 2020 1st round pick to offer so they would basically have to offer their entire 2020 draft and a #1 next year to even be in contention. The Chargers don't have enough to trade and are picking #6 where they can afford to take a chance on Tua or Herbert, one of those two should fall that far, instead of trading away a ton of picks to move up. Tampa Bay I think is going to be willing to give record setting 33 TD and 30 INTs Winston another year instead of trading away a large part of their draft to move up.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 08:02 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: The only of those teams that have the draft capital to even come close to arranging a trade for #1OA are the Dolphins IMO.   I don't think they made all those trades last year to trade them all up for the #1OA player which is what it would probably take.  

Also the Broncos seem happy with Lock so far, so they are probably out.  I also would not be surprised to see Dalton traded to the Bears for a 3rd or 4th round pick.  Even then the Bears don't even have a 2020 1st round pick to offer so they would basically have to offer their entire 2020 draft and a #1 next year to even be in contention.  The Chargers don't have enough to trade and are picking #6 where they can afford to take a chance on Tua or Herbert, one of those two should fall that far, instead of trading away a ton of picks to move up.  Tampa Bay I think is going to be willing to give record setting 33 TD and 30 INTs Winston another year instead of trading away a large part of their draft to move up.

Broncos and Bears are the teams that I think would be after Young.  With that said, you are 100% correct about Miami being the only team that has the draft capital to make a trade.  Other teams would have to be throwing in top players.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 08:26 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Broncos and Bears are the teams that I think would be after Young.  With that said, you are 100% correct about Miami being the only team that has the draft capital to make a trade.  Other teams would have to be throwing in top players.

You are right.  I failed to consider a team wanting to trade up for the #1OA in order to select Young.  I was thinking teams wanting the 1st pick for Burrow.  I think all this news has me stuck in Burrow as the #1 pick frame of mind. Big Grin

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 08:02 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: The only of those teams that have the draft capital to even come close to arranging a trade for #1OA are the Dolphins IMO.   I don't think they made all those trades last year to trade them all up for the #1OA player which is what it would probably take.  

Also the Broncos seem happy with Lock so far, so they are probably out.  I also would not be surprised to see Dalton traded to the Bears for a 3rd or 4th round pick.  Even then the Bears don't even have a 2020 1st round pick to offer so they would basically have to offer their entire 2020 draft and a #1 next year to even be in contention.  The Chargers don't have enough to trade and are picking #6 where they can afford to take a chance on Tua or Herbert, one of those two should fall that far, instead of trading away a ton of picks to move up.  Tampa Bay I think is going to be willing to give record setting 33 TD and 30 INTs Winston another year instead of trading away a large part of their draft to move up.

Dalton could very well go to the Bears.  It's a good idea.  I bet they are kicking themselves for taking Trubisky in 2017 at #2 when Patrick Mahomes went #10 that year to KC.

As far as Miami, you are right. They are the only ones who come close to affording that pick.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 08:52 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Dalton could very well go to the Bears.  It's a good idea.  I bet they are kicking themselves for taking Trubisky in 2017 at #2 when Patrick Mahomes went #10 that year to KC.

As far as Miami, you are right.  They are the only ones who come close to affording that pick.

Not only that but the Bears traded the third-overall pick, a 2017 third-round pick (No. 67) overall, a 2017 fourth-round pick (No. 111) and a 2018 third-round pick to the 49ers in exchange for their second-overall pick to select Trubisky. 

Of course there are many other teams that probably regret passing on Mahomes.  Hindsight and all. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 09:06 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Not only that but the Bears traded the third-overall pick, a 2017 third-round pick (No. 67) overall, a 2017 fourth-round pick (No. 111) and a 2018 third-round pick to the 49ers in exchange for their second-overall pick to select Trubisky. 

Of course there are many other teams that probably regret passing on Mahomes.  Hindsight and all. 

And the biggest head scratcher of all?  Trubisky wasn't even that great in college ball.  Living in NC, I saw plenty of him, but he never even struck me as "special".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
https://www.milehighreport.com/platform/amp/2020/2/8/21129345/broncos-bengals-2020-draft-trade

Broncos allegedly have, but, as the article notes, probably wouldn't be interested as it would likely cost three years of first round picks.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 09:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And the biggest head scratcher of all?  Trubisky wasn't even that great in college ball.  Living in NC, I saw plenty of him, but he never even struck me as "special".

He and Daniel Jones are going to go down in history as recent 1st round QB draft busts that played in the ACC.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 09:54 PM)Benton Wrote: https://www.milehighreport.com/platform/amp/2020/2/8/21129345/broncos-bengals-2020-draft-trade

Broncos allegedly have, but, as the article notes, probably wouldn't be interested as it would likely cost three years of first round picks.

Good.  Nice to hear that they want a king's ransom for the pick.  
Reply/Quote
Could see all these teams interested in Dalton as well as 1 overall.
Reply/Quote
I have this funny feeling that if they can figure out how to trade this pick and end up with Herbert that they will pull the trigger. Hopefully they get scared off worrying that another team would jump in front of them for Herbert if they do this. This team so adores familiarity, and now that they've had Herbert at the Senior Bowl, they "know" him.

**Edit** I would like to add a preemptive "Shut your damn mouth" for anyone who might've said that maybe the Bengals just choose Herbert at #1 over Burrow **/Edit**
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 07:47 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I wouldn't even give that offer the time of day.  Maybe I would think about all three of Miami's first rounders, plus their second.

We'd essentially be downgrading from Burrow to Herbert (or a giant risk in Tua) for the 18th, 26th and a 2nd rounder.

Not worth it, IMO. Burrow is a dream QB prospect. Herbert is a pretty average prospect. He wasn't even going through progressions in that offense.

...and what if we whiff on even one of those other picks and Burrow hits? We'll regret it for the rest of our lives.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Dolphins are also talking to Detroit.

Quote:I havent heard anything about that Dolphins/Skins trade rumor, the Phins had made some calls with Detroit.

— Benjamin Allbright (@AllbrightNFL) February 8, 2020
https://clutchpoints.com/dolphins-rumors-miami-trying-to-engage-lions-in-trade-talks/
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2020, 02:32 PM)E Wrote: I have this funny feeling that if they can figure out how to trade this pick and end up with Herbert that they will pull the trigger. Hopefully they get scared off worrying that another team would jump in front of them for Herbert if they do this. This team so adores familiarity, and now that they've had Herbert at the Senior Bowl, they "know" him.

**Edit** I would like to add a preemptive "Shut your damn mouth" for anyone who might've said that maybe the Bengals just choose Herbert at #1 over Burrow **/Edit**

That is about the biggest nightmare anyone could ever have. Pass on Burrow, don’t trade down and still pick the horribly inconsistent Herbert? I’d seriously cut my ties and give up on the NFL as a whole. Baseball and Hockey from there on out for me
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2020, 03:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We'd essentially be downgrading from Burrow to Herbert (or a giant risk in Tua) for the 18th, 26th and a 2nd rounder.

Not worth it, IMO. Burrow is a dream QB prospect. Herbert is a pretty average prospect. He wasn't even going through progressions in that offense.

...and what if we whiff on even one of those other picks and Burrow hits? We'll regret it for the rest of our lives.

I live in Duck territory, so I've seen my share of Herbert. He's not a bad player, but I don't see him as some kind of answer. One of the biggest issues I always saw is that Herbert doesn't really have that defining moment outside of his Rose Bowl performance. Even when Oregon would have to march down the field for game winning/tying drives, it was either dump off throws or runs. 

It's possible that a proper coaching staff could get more out of him, but I don't see him becoming an elite franchise QB.

(02-10-2020, 03:02 PM)Synric Wrote: Dolphins are also talking to Detroit.

https://clutchpoints.com/dolphins-rumors-miami-trying-to-engage-lions-in-trade-talks/

Detroit is sitting in the best position in this draft. It's basically a guarantee that it'll go Burrow and Young at 1 and 2. After that, kind of a crap shoot. You could seem someone giving up a lot to get Tua, an OT, or a DT. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote