Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Listening to Trade Offers from Five Teams
(02-17-2020, 02:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He was 14th in yards/game and 19th in TD's...this playing for one of the best offensive minds in the game. This was easily his best season. Overall, his career is very Dalton-like. Throw Dalton on that team and he'd be putting up the same numbers, maybe better.

Either way, ask yourself this: Is Carr worth giving up a 3rd rounder + $14 million more than we'd be paying Joe Burrow.

We'd essentially be giving up an AJ Green caliber difference in money (for the next several years) for a likely QB downgrade and some extra picks.

I'm good. Especially considering how "well" we've been drafting lately. I mean, we're talking about wanting to fire Duke Tobin, and people want to give up Joe Burrow for more picks?
What's the deal we get for Burrow?
If we get a sweetheart deal than yes I do it if it's not then no I don't do it. 
If Miami were to give us multiple 1st Rd picks, 2nd Rd picks, plus future draft picks then it would be hard to pass up.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 01:43 AM)Sanforbd Wrote: I don’t know that Palmer was ever truly Elite. I also think the Bengals organization came a long way during the Lewis era, those early Dalton teams that visited the playoffs 5 years straight weren’t built off strong quarterback play, it’s not like we are incapable of putting a team around Burrow. You need an elite qb to win a super bowl, sure trade the pick if you want more 9-7 first round playoff bounce teams like Dalton piloted but I want a super bowl, so give my the stud qb and I’ll hope that MB somehow puts a decent enough team and staff around him to win.

1.) Yes he was 
2.) No you don't need an elite QB to win a title it doesn't hurt but you don't need one.
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 01:28 PM)J24 Wrote: 5th, 18th,  26th, + 2 2nd rounders( Miami has two 2nds) would be hard to turn down and who says we have to draft Herbert?
Trade a 2nd or perhaps 3rd Rd Pick for Derek Carr( who the Raiders want out) he would fit this offense perfectly.
3 first + 2 additional seconds would really help the Oline and defense.

Pass on that proposal.  As another mentioned earlier, Carr < Dalton in terms of talent and ability.  Why trade away the opportunity for a true franchise QB for magic beans (draft picks)?  

Has nobody learned from Cleveland's example?  Wheeling and dealing, in order to accumulate many high draft picks did little to nothing toward making their team a "winner".  Now look at them, 3-4 years later and they're now having to watch that random collection of talent all leave for other teams, as they can't afford to pay all of those "stars" in the same contract year.  And, they STILL suck..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 02:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He was 14th in yards/game and 19th in TD's...this playing for one of the best offensive minds in the game. This was easily his best season. Overall, his career is very Dalton-like. Throw Dalton on that team and he'd be putting up the same numbers, maybe better.

Either way, ask yourself this: Is Carr worth giving up a 3rd rounder + $14 million more than we'd be paying Joe Burrow.

We'd essentially be giving up an AJ Green caliber difference in money (for the next several years) for a likely QB downgrade and some extra picks.

I'm good. Especially considering how "well" we've been drafting lately. I mean, we're talking about wanting to fire Duke Tobin, and people want to give up Joe Burrow for more picks?

This is the thing that gets me ! The way we've been drafting of late we'd get Ogbuehi, Sample, Ross, and Price 2.0 What in the past 30 years of history makes anybody think MB has any chance at "building a team" around a so-so QB ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 09:36 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) Yes he was 
2.) No you don't need an elite QB to win a title it doesn't hurt but you don't need one.

Well run organizations can overcome a non elite QB. The bengals will never win with a middle of the pack qb, not while MB is alive

And you’re over rating Palmer.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 09:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pass on that proposal.  As another mentioned earlier, Carr < Dalton in terms of talent and ability.  Why trade away the opportunity for a true franchise QB for magic beans (draft picks)?  

Has nobody learned from Cleveland's example?  Wheeling and dealing, in order to accumulate many high draft picks did little to nothing toward making their team a "winner".  Now look at them, 3-4 years later and they're now having to watch that random collection of talent all leave for other teams, as they can't afford to pay all of those "stars" in the same contract year.  And, they STILL suck..

1.) Carr is younger and better than Dalton
2.) Part of the plan would be to draft good players instead of bad players. That was more of Cleveland problem
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 11:36 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: Well run organizations can overcome a non elite QB. The bengals will never win with a middle of the pack qb, not while MB is alive

And you’re over rating Palmer.

2011- 2015 was the best 5 season stretch in Bengal History and we did it without a elite QB.  Anyways Derek Carr is an improvement over Dalton at this point.
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 10:15 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: This is the thing that gets me ! The way we've been drafting of late we'd get Ogbuehi, Sample, Ross, and Price 2.0 What in the past 30 years of history makes anybody think MB has any chance at "building a team" around a so-so QB ?

Exactly! You have a guy sitting in front of you who could be the next Tom Brady, and you want to hand that over for an average guy and some picks?

We'd have to hope every pick was a grand slam, and what are the odds of that with how we've been drafting? Just take the no-brainer that was gifted to you, and try your best to put talent around him with the remaining 6 picks and 45-75+ million in cap space we should have. Not to mention any pick we acquire from trading Dalton.

(02-18-2020, 04:35 AM)J24 Wrote: 1.) Carr is younger and better than Dalton
2.) Part of the plan would be to draft good players instead of bad players. That was more of Cleveland problem

1) A lot of people disagree on the better part.

2) We haven't drafted any better than Cleveland lately.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 02:31 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: This exactly! 

If Burrow seems like a near can't miss why would we ever consider trading for a hand full of magic beans?  Get a flawed QB, an injured O Lineman and a WR bust? No thanks, take the stud, discussion over. 

Thank you. Nice post. 

If we want a bunch of picks, trade Dalton, tag and trade Green, trade Glenn, trade Kirkpatrick...

Take Burrow, I have yet to see one of these guys open to a trade name one that is both good for us and within the scope of
reality. Get your Franchise QB that comes around once in a blue moon and build the team around him. As we have seen in the
past, more picks hasn't helped this team either. We need quality picks, Burrow just came off the greatest season of all time in 
college by a QB, I call that quality and anyone saying otherwise is hating on Burrow, look at the stats, watch him play.

Dude was great and played great against great Defenses in the biggest moments.

This is what we need here at QB more than anything.
Reply/Quote