Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Listening to Trade Offers from Five Teams
I want to clarify a little on the Chicago bit. Other than picks 43 and 50 in the second round, Chicago doesn't have any pick worth offering for Dalton unless you think MB will accept a fourth round pick at 144. Which I don't believe will be enough. I'm speaking from a MB perspective. Minimum is going to be a 3rd most likely. With that being said, maybe the Bears get desperate and offer us 50 for Dalton. Who knows. Or if you really want to be creative in this trade scenario, pick 33 and Dalton for picks 43 and 50. I would strongly consider it.

And I don't believe Chicago is calling for #1. I just don't. They would be laughed at and hung up on with little to no draft capital this year for pick #1. There may be similar intentions with Tampa as well looking at Dalton, but at least they have a first round pick to offer this year if they are calling for #1.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2020, 02:32 PM)E Wrote: I have this funny feeling that if they can figure out how to trade this pick and end up with Herbert that they will pull the trigger. Hopefully they get scared off worrying that another team would jump in front of them for Herbert if they do this. This team so adores familiarity, and now that they've had Herbert at the Senior Bowl, they "know" him.

**Edit** I would like to add a preemptive "Shut your damn mouth" for anyone who might've said that maybe the Bengals just choose Herbert at #1 over Burrow **/Edit**

The Bengals have familiarity with Burrow as well

https://www.bengals.com/team/coaches-roster/brad-kragthorpe

(02-11-2020, 08:40 AM)Takedown Wrote: I want to clarify a little on the Chicago bit. Other than picks 43 and 50 in the second round, Chicago doesn't have any pick worth offering for Dalton unless you think MB will accept a fourth round pick at 144. Which I don't believe will be enough. I'm speaking from a MB perspective. Minimum is going to be a 3rd most likely. With that being said, maybe the Bears get desperate and offer us 50 for Dalton. Who knows. Or if you really want to be creative in this trade scenario, pick 33 and Dalton for picks 43 and 50. I would strongly consider it.

And I don't believe Chicago is calling for #1. I just don't. They would be laughed at and hung up on with little to no draft capital this year for pick #1. There may be similar intentions with Tampa as well looking at Dalton, but at least they have a first round pick to offer this year if they are calling for #1.

Good post. I tend to agree that some of these calls will be fishing expeditions and whilst the initial inquiry may be about the first overall teams are really calling about the Bengals' willingness to trade other spots/players.

As for whether Chicago have enough trade capital for Dalton - I'm sure a deal could be worked out. I think something like Dalton and the 104th pick for Chicago's 50, 144 and 200th might work. We should remember that besides 2020 picks they could also offer players and future picks and it could be any combination of these.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 09:52 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: The Bengals have familiarity with Burrow as well

https://www.bengals.com/team/coaches-roster/brad-kragthorpe

Good post. I tend to agree that some of these calls will be fishing expeditions and whilst the initial inquiry may be about the first overall teams are really calling about the Bengals' willingness to trade other spots/players.

As for whether Chicago have enough trade capital for Dalton - I'm sure a deal could be worked out. I think something like Dalton and the 104th pick for Chicago's 50, 144 and 200th might work.  We should remember that besides 2020 picks they could also offer players and future picks and it could be any combination of these.
Definitely! There are many possibilities.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2020, 03:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We'd essentially be downgrading from Burrow to Herbert (or a giant risk in Tua) for the 18th, 26th and a 2nd rounder.

Not worth it, IMO. Burrow is a dream QB prospect. Herbert is a pretty average prospect. He wasn't even going through progressions in that offense.

...and what if we whiff on even one of those other picks and Burrow hits? We'll regret it for the rest of our lives.
5th, 18th,  26th, + 2 2nd rounders( Miami has two 2nds) would be hard to turn down and who says we have to draft Herbert?
Trade a 2nd or perhaps 3rd Rd Pick for Derek Carr( who the Raiders want out) he would fit this offense perfectly.
3 first + 2 additional seconds would really help the Oline and defense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 01:28 PM)J24 Wrote: 5th, 18th,  26th, + 2 2nd rounders( Miami has two 2nds) would be hard to turn down and who says we have to draft Herbert?
Trade a 2nd or perhaps 3rd Rd Pick for Derek Carr( who the Raiders want out) he would fit this offense perfectly.

Miami's team is nearly as bad as the Bengals. Everyone who posts we  need more than a QB also thinks the Fins will give all their draft choices for Burrow. I guess it makes sense to some people but it is crazy to even hope for this. 
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 01:45 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Miami's team is nearly as bad as the Bengals. Everyone who posts we  need more than a QB also thinks the Fins will give all their draft choices for Burrow. I guess it makes sense to some people but it is crazy to even hope for this. 

The owner wants him really bad appearently. In all honesty I don't think there is a team willing to give up the Ransom for Burrow but who knows.
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2020, 03:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We'd essentially be downgrading from Burrow to Herbert (or a giant risk in Tua) for the 18th, 26th and a 2nd rounder.

Not worth it, IMO. Burrow is a dream QB prospect. Herbert is a pretty average prospect. He wasn't even going through progressions in that offense.

...and what if we whiff on even one of those other picks and Burrow hits? We'll regret it for the rest of our lives.

Spot on. Nothing is worth trading the pick and the Dolphins won't offer enough and it would be too many picks with too 
many contracts for Mikey and company to think about if the Phins did offer enough. Not going to happen, Burrow will be 
the pick, Herbert is not on the same level as Burrow and Tua is hurt.
Reply/Quote
If we as fans really want Burrow here, I hope we get even more teams interested in trading up for him. Mike Brown may think, "Hey, this kid REALLY IS something special!" Almost assuring that Joe Burrow will not escape Mikey's clutches.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 07:31 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: If we as fans really want Burrow here, I hope we get even more teams interested in trading up for him. Mike Brown may think, "Hey, this kid REALLY IS something special!" Almost assuring that Joe Burrow will not escape Mikey's clutches.

Good point because we really know how he thinks. He will take Burrow because he's "not in the business of making other teams better."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2020, 01:28 PM)J24 Wrote: 5th, 18th,  26th, + 2 2nd rounders( Miami has two 2nds) would be hard to turn down and who says we have to draft Herbert?

Carr is essentially a more expensive Dalton. Not only are you giving up some of the draft capital you gained via giving away Burrow, you're also paying Carr $4.5 million more (cap hit) than Dalton, and roughly $14 million more than we'd be paying Burrow on a team friendly rookie deal (based on Kyler Murray's contract from last season).

A smart team cuts/trades dead weight like Dalton/Glenn/Kirkpatrick, fills some holes via FA and the other 6+ draft picks we have, and takes the top QB prospect we've had the opportunity to take since Palmer. Having Burrow on a cheap rookie contract only helps that. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 08:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Carr is essentially a more expensive Dalton. Not only are you giving up some of the draft capital you gained via giving away Burrow, you're also paying Carr $4.5 million more (cap hit) than Dalton, and roughly $14 million more than we'd be paying Burrow on a team friendly rookie deal (based on Kyler Murray's contract from last season).

A smart team cuts/trades dead weight like Dalton/Glenn/Kirkpatrick, fills some holes via FA and the other 6+ draft picks we have, and takes the top QB prospect we've had the opportunity to take since Palmer. Having Burrow on a cheap rookie contract only helps that. 
Carr was a top 10 QB last season in most categories and if the Raiders sign Brady then you can probably get him for a 3rd Rd pick.
Any Trade for Burrow would result in a huge gain so the loss of a 3rd would be minimal damage.
This team doesn't spend in free agency so getting a ton of early draft picks + a good QB over a great QB with  minimal draft capital + minimal free agents.
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 09:57 PM)J24 Wrote: Carr was a top 10 QB last season in most categories and if the Raiders sign Brady then you can probably get him for a 3rd Rd pick.
Any Trade for Burrow would result in a huge gain so the loss of a 3rd would be minimal damage.
This team doesn't spend in free agency so getting a ton of early draft picks + a good QB over a great QB with  minimal draft capital + minimal free agents.

All these trade Burrow suggestions are baaaaaaad. Peyton didn't always have great teams around him, Wilson traditionally lacks a line and stud offensive weapons, we've seen that this team can do with an average QB, lets see what we can do with someone that's (hopefully) elite. Stop worrying about the depth, that SHOULD be the easy part, maybe we'll figure it out and maybe we wont', but I'm for sure not advocating trading the next Manning or Wilson for David Carr and some mid round 1st round draft picks that we can miss on. 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 01:54 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: All these trade Burrow suggestions are baaaaaaad. Peyton didn't always have great teams around him, Wilson traditionally lacks a line and stud offensive weapons, we've seen that this team can do with an average QB, lets see what we can do with someone that's (hopefully) elite. Stop worrying about the depth, that SHOULD be the easy part, maybe we'll figure it out and maybe we wont', but I'm for sure not advocating trading the next Manning or Wilson for David Carr and some mid round 1st round draft picks that we can miss on. 

We saw what we could do with an elite QB in Palmer and we ruined him. We need to think team before QB especially if a blockbuster deal comes through.
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2020, 07:14 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: And the Bears don't even have a first round pick, so I don't know what they would have to offer.  

mack?
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 02:14 PM)J24 Wrote: We saw what we could do with an elite QB in Palmer and we ruined him. We need to think team before QB especially if a blockbuster deal comes through.

We didn't "ruin" Palmer, Kimo did, and that was a good team he was starting for the year of his infamous injury.     Picking Burrow is absolutely the right move.   As referenced before, if you can hit on a quarterback who produces early on his rookie contract, you have a tremendous window/advantage to be competitive during that span.   
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 02:47 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: We didn't "ruin" Palmer, Kimo did, and that was a good team he was starting for the year of his infamous injury.     Picking Burrow is absolutely the right move.   As referenced before, if you can hit on a quarterback who produces early on his rookie contract, you have a tremendous window/advantage to be competitive during that span.   

He was actually fine after the injury go back to his 2006 and 2007 stats. It was after his elbow injury that his career took a downward turn. We literally ruined his Offensive line and caused him to get hurt. So yes we did Infact ruined him. Not to mention the lack of free agents and lack of basic NFL facilities. 
Yes if you hit on a rookie QB it does help but you have to be willing to spend during that time and the Bengals have shown zero reason to believe they will.
If they get a huge deal for the #1 pick then they better at least consider it.
J24

Reply/Quote
Trade Dalton for Leonard Floyd
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2020, 02:14 PM)J24 Wrote: We saw what we could do with an elite QB in Palmer and we ruined him. We need to think team before QB especially if a blockbuster deal comes through.

I don’t know that Palmer was ever truly Elite. I also think the Bengals organization came a long way during the Lewis era, those early Dalton teams that visited the playoffs 5 years straight weren’t built off strong quarterback play, it’s not like we are incapable of putting a team around Burrow. You need an elite qb to win a super bowl, sure trade the pick if you want more 9-7 first round playoff bounce teams like Dalton piloted but I want a super bowl, so give my the stud qb and I’ll hope that MB somehow puts a decent enough team and staff around him to win.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 09:57 PM)J24 Wrote: Carr was a top 10 QB last season in most categories and if the Raiders sign Brady then you can probably get him for a 3rd Rd pick.

He was 14th in yards/game and 19th in TD's...this playing for one of the best offensive minds in the game. This was easily his best season. Overall, his career is very Dalton-like. Throw Dalton on that team and he'd be putting up the same numbers, maybe better.

Either way, ask yourself this: Is Carr worth giving up a 3rd rounder + $14 million more than we'd be paying Joe Burrow.

We'd essentially be giving up an AJ Green caliber difference in money (for the next several years) for a likely QB downgrade and some extra picks.

I'm good. Especially considering how "well" we've been drafting lately. I mean, we're talking about wanting to fire Duke Tobin, and people want to give up Joe Burrow for more picks?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 02:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He was 14th in yards/game and 19th in TD's...this playing for one of the best offensive minds in the game. This was easily his best season. Overall, his career is very Dalton-like. Throw Dalton on that team and he'd be putting up the same numbers, maybe better.

Either way, ask yourself this: Is Carr worth giving up a 3rd rounder + $14 million more than we'd be paying Joe Burrow.

We'd essentially be giving up an AJ Green caliber difference in money (for the next several years) for a likely QB downgrade and some extra picks.

I'm good. Especially considering how "well" we've been drafting lately. I mean, we're talking about wanting to fire Duke Tobin, and people want to give up Joe Burrow for more picks?

This exactly! 

If Burrow seems like a near can't miss why would we ever consider trading for a hand full of magic beans?  Get a flawed QB, an injured O Lineman and a WR bust? No thanks, take the stud, discussion over. 
Reply/Quote