Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Magic Number
(11-29-2015, 10:33 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I know the Browns usually play up for us - but they really don't have anyone left over there to play much at all.  If we can't win that game, that would be very sad.

And how!

But it would not be unheard of, either.

That is why we need to go in there focused on stomping their arses, not looking ahead to Pittsburgh.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:42 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: And how!

But it would not be unheard of, either.

That is why we need to go in there focused on stomping their arses, not looking ahead to Pittsburgh.

Browns have a shot if they don't play Manziel. Playing against a divisional rival who is playing with nothing to lose is a very dangerous thing. Even if we somehow manage to lose, it doesn't mean anything (for the division) if we take care of business against the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:45 PM)2ndHalfAdjustment Wrote: Browns have a shot if they don't play Manziel. Playing against a divisional rival who is playing with nothing to lose is a very dangerous thing.  Even if we somehow manage to lose, it doesn't mean anything (for the division) if we take care of business against the Steelers.

That's been my point in this and other threads, that we can win 3 games OR beat Pittsburgh and win 1 other game.

My preference is to put the trophy on the mantle at 11-2.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:50 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: That's been my point in this and other threads, that we can win 3 games OR beat Pittsburgh and win 1 other game.

My preference is to put the trophy on the mantle at 11-2.

If Pittsburgh is the only game we win from here on out we still win the division. But how about we end the season 14-2 with a bye? :)
Reply/Quote
Don't we own a tiebreaker over the Steelers now too? Since we beat the Seahawks
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 01:25 AM)Trademark Wrote: Don't we own a tiebreaker over the Steelers now too? Since we beat the Seahawks

Not really.
AFC and Division record first. Then head to head/common opponents I think
Reply/Quote
The one thing I really am worried about is if the Colts beat the Steelers this weekend in Pittsburgh. The Browns are a mess and the Bengals should handle them easily and with that Texans game still fresh in their minds, I don't see the Bengals looking past the Browns and they will take care of bidness.

I don't think the Steelers will lose this weekend especially if Big Ben plays, but if they do lose, I don't see them losing three in a row even though the Bengals play them at home.

I thinking to much into this whole thing. I really want the Bengals to win out, beat the Broncos in a tough, hard fought game then come home and pound the Ravens to secure that number two seed. May be even playing for that number one seed if the Jets happen to beat the Patriots.

Yeah, I'm just going to continue the Magic Number Thread updated and take this thing one week at a time. After the Bengals lock up the AFC North, I'll start getting the math together for the 1 and 2 seed.

COME ON JETS AND BEAT THE PATRIOTS FOR ONCE DAMN IT!!!
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Updated

Magic number is now 2. If the Bengals beat the Steelers, they will win the AFC North!
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Still don't think we should even want a bye.... this team has always been horrible coming off a bye...
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 09:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Still don't think we should even want a bye.... this team has always been horrible coming off a bye...

Maybe, like multiplying 2 negatives, we WANT to have a playoff bye. We're bad off a bye under Marvin Lewis. We're bad in the playoffs under Marvin Lewis. But maybe, MAYBE, we're GREAT in the playoffs after a bye under Marvin Lewis. Who knows? But, I have a feeling we'll find out this year. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 09:46 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Maybe, like multiplying 2 negatives, we WANT to have a playoff bye. We're bad off a bye under Marvin Lewis. We're bad in the playoffs under Marvin Lewis. But maybe, MAYBE, we're GREAT in the playoffs after a bye under Marvin Lewis. Who knows? But, I have a feeling we'll find out this year. ThumbsUp

Have yet to find out how we on a playoff bye. I'm hoping we test it ..... Your theory may be correct
Reply/Quote
So we can clinch with a win vs the steelers
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 11:40 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: So we can clinch with a win vs the steelers

With a win next week, the Bengals are AFC North Champions.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 09:23 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Updated

Magic number is now 2. If the Bengals beat the Steelers, they will win the AFC North!

I believe we are the AFCN champs with a tie as well.

We would be up 3 with 3 to play and hold the head to head tie breaker as well as we beat the Steelers

The tie breakers for a division champ are:

head to head
Best record in your division (we are 4-0) Steelers have 2 losses so at best could only tie us if they beat us and we lose to Ravens also
Best record in the conference (AFC) where we are currently 9-1 and Steelers have a bad record in conference

Our magic number is really 1
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 12:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I believe we are the AFCN champs with a tie as well.

We would be up 3 with 3 to play and hold the head to head tie breaker as well as we beat the Steelers

head to head
Best record in your division (we are 4-0) Steelers have 2 losses so at best could only tie us if they beat us and we lose to Ravens also
Best record in the conference (AFC) where we are currently 9-1 and Steelers have a bad record in conference

If the playoffs started today, the Steelers would not make it.  They play us and Denver the next two weeks... I think it is time for them to lose two straight and end their season early!
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 01:12 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: If the playoffs started today, the Steelers would not make it.  They play us and Denver the next two weeks... I think it is time for them to lose two straight and end their season early!

Im down for crushing the Steelers playoff hopes im sure every other team in the playoffs would be rooting for us to do so.. unless they wanted our seed
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 12:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I believe we are the AFCN champs with a tie as well.

head to head

I just ran the ESPN Sim with the Steelers winning the last 4 games and the Bengals only beating the 49'ers and it gave the Steelers the number 3 seed and the Bengals the Number 5 seed.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 02:45 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I just ran the ESPN Sim with the Steelers winning the last 4 games and the Bengals only beating the 49'ers and it gave the Steelers the number 3 seed and the Bengals the Number 5 seed.

I don't see us only winning 1 game the rest of the way.  Also don't see Pitt winning out.  But, yes, can confirm.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 02:45 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I just ran the ESPN Sim with the Steelers winning the last 4 games and the Bengals only beating the 49'ers and it gave the Steelers the number 3 seed and the Bengals the Number 5 seed.

You might want to throw the Ravens in as a win.  They are basically suiting up a 46 man practice squad.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 03:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You might want to throw the Ravens in as a win.  They are basically suiting up a 46 man practice squad.

Makes us 3rd seed, Pitt 5th.  

We could really use a 1st round bye
Reply/Quote