Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Monitor Their Rollover
Coley Harvey-

With more than a dozen key players eligible for free agency after this season, the Cincinnati Bengals will soon be confronted with several important personnel decisions.

Some of those decisions could be made during training camp. Others might not come until March.

To give you an idea of just how the Bengals might approach re-signing or extending the players who are entering contract seasons, we're spending this week looking at a number of issues regarding the team's free-agency philosophy.

We started Monday by asking how valuable receiver A.J. Green is to the franchise.

We continue by taking a look at the way the Bengals will pay him and other upcoming free agents:

Bengals will stick with rollover formula...
Reply/Quote
I wish the article went into a little more detail about the actual numbers, because it's hard to really judge this "rollover strategy".

Can't really say yet whether I think we are smart or dumb. need more info!
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 03:36 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I wish the article went into a little more detail about the actual numbers, because it's hard to really judge this "rollover strategy".

Can't really say yet whether I think we are smart or dumb. need more info!

This approached combined with savy deals has worked wonders for us.
Even with an AJ deal eating up some cash  they will still have plenty to play with this offseason with a lot of worthy guys coming up for some greenbacks.

Also expect to see some loyalty contracts to keep aging guys around on the cheap ala Hall, Whit and Reggie.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 01:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Coley Harvey-

With more than a dozen key players eligible for free agency after this season, the Cincinnati Bengals will soon be confronted with several important personnel decisions.

Some of those decisions could be made during training camp. Others might not come until March.

To give you an idea of just how the Bengals might approach re-signing or extending the players who are entering contract seasons, we're spending this week looking at a number of issues regarding the team's free-agency philosophy.

We started Monday by asking how valuable receiver A.J. Green is to the franchise.

We continue by taking a look at the way the Bengals will pay him and other upcoming free agents:

Bengals will stick with rollover formula...
The Bengals are one of the best cap management teams in the post new CBA era.

This is one area our franchise has outshined the Ravens and the Steelers and I believe long term it will start paying off as keep signing our own while they can't afford to sign their guys.

They use the rollover wisely always looking to the future contracts and cap hits to stay solid financially (cap space + cash spend to meet the criteria)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote