Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Most Improved Player (according to PFF)
(03-04-2019, 09:42 AM)Au165 Wrote: I feel like this really had to cut the "All he does is fall down" crowd deep. I tried breaking down tape showing how well he does his job while he is in versus when he is out but some didn't want to listen.

I never understood this narrative; not only untrue, but the few times I did see him on the ground, was him diving to try and tackle someone that was too far out of his reach; college mentality.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 10:16 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I never understood this narrative; not only untrue, but the few times I did see him on the ground, was him diving to try and tackle someone that was too far out of his reach; college mentality.

Honestly, there were times he pushed guys so far back they gave way and he fell down...4 yards in the backfield after the HB had already ran away from him.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 04:38 AM)grampahol Wrote: With the rush to throw everyone under the bus in Pittsburgh I'm not too sure that many marque players are going to be in a big hurry to join that shit show until it's resolved permanently .. 

I REALLY hope that's the case. I'd love for the Steelers to start losing.

I work with like 85% Steelers fans and it's great coming to work when the Steelers lose!
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 09:42 AM)Au165 Wrote: I feel like this really had to cut the "All he does is fall down" crowd deep. I tried breaking down tape showing how well he does his job while he is in versus when he is out but some didn't want to listen.

Nice buddy, didn't get to see that tape.

Seems like most of the players i am high on people like to tear down. Billings just has so much upside.

You cannot teach that guys strength and he is deceivingly athletic when he is in shape.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 10:16 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I never understood this narrative; not only untrue, but the few times I did see him on the ground, was him diving to try and tackle someone that was too far out of his reach; college mentality.

(03-04-2019, 11:03 AM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly, there were times he pushed guys so far back they gave way and he fell down...4 yards in the backfield after the HB had already ran away from him.

Yes, Billings has that scary side to him that i always wanted next to Geno.

He is a little nasty. GIMME YOUR CORNBREAD!!!
Reply/Quote
He is a good player; honestly feel like the Defense could be great again if we can improve the LB core in the off-season. Of course I have been saying that the past two off-seasons.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Glasgow was playing really well when he got hurt. IF he can return to form, we'll have a stout line.

Glasgow may be our most underrated player.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 07:37 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He is a good player; honestly feel like the Defense could be great again if we can improve the LB core in the off-season. Of course I have been saying that the past two off-seasons.

Atleast we now have a new LB coach.

(03-04-2019, 08:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Glasgow was playing really well when he got hurt. IF he can return to form, we'll have a stout line.

Glasgow may be our most underrated player.

I like Glasgow too no doubt. Think the future is pretty bright at the DT position and the D-line overall.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 05:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Atleast we now have a new LB coach.

I like Glasgow too no doubt. Think the future is pretty bright at the DT position and the D-line overall.

Agreed.

We're pretty decent in the secondary too Dennard or no Dennard.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 05:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Agreed.

We're pretty decent in the secondary too Dennard or no Dennard.

Yeah, coaching and Linebacker talent on Defense is our problem.

Under new coaching and hopefully a couple decent Linebackers, 1 in FA and a top 1 in the draft and we might get back to being a top Defense.

Liking our Offense as long as the right side of the Line is taken care of.
Reply/Quote
Props to Andrew Billings, he really pulled it together. For all the trash I was talking about him, early in the season, he really did seem to mature as the very season wore on.

For those saying that Boyd and Mixon should have been named the most improved, should they have really?? Billings is the 4th round pick that has developed from being a question mark, while Mixon and Boyd are both 2nd round picks that are simply living up to their status. Everyone knew that Mixon and Boyd were that talented, the question was on Billings, as he fell to the 4th round.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 11:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Props to Andrew Billings, he really pulled it together. For all the trash I was talking about him, early in the season, he really did seem to mature as the very season wore on.

For those saying that Boyd and Mixon should have been named the most improved, should they have really?? Billings is the 4th round pick that has developed from being a question mark, while Mixon and Boyd are both 2nd round picks that are simply living up to their status. Everyone knew that Mixon and Boyd were that talented, the question was on Billings, as he fell to the 4th round.

No doubt Sunset, even if i saw the talent in Billings before hand.

He was short, very young and not the greatest pass rusher as far as moves and overall hands.

Dude makes that stop in the run game once in awhile that just makes me go, damn.

Never had that with Peko, it was a good run stop with him but it never made me go, damn, badazz.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 11:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt Sunset, even if i saw the talent in Billings before hand.

He was short, very young and not the greatest pass rusher as far as moves and overall hands.

Dude makes that stop in the run game once in awhile that just makes me go, damn.

Never had that with Peko, it was a good run stop with him but it never made me go, damn, badazz.

Billings and Glasgow will be a nice rotation. We have some other DT's too that are depth guys that might be rotation guys on some teams.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 12:17 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Billings and Glasgow will be a nice rotation. We have some other DT's too that are depth guys that might be rotation guys on some teams.

I like those two but I stil feel we need a big bad unmovable object next to Geno.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 12:59 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I like those two but I stil feel we need a big bad unmovable object next to Geno.

I think that IF you put good LB's behind them, you'll think that Billings is an unmovable object.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 05:18 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I thought Boyd was a beast this season

Many times I jumped up and said "I love me some Tyler Boyd", several clutch catches.

I believe some of that comes from having the camera right on them on a given play and they get beat bad/fall down and the fan never lets em live that one play down. Billy Price's first snap comes to mind.

Every NFL player that's ever walked has plays they'd love to forget.
Reply/Quote
It'd be pretty hard to turn down Ed Oliver if he's there @ 11, but yes, watching Billings improve has indeed been a pleasure to watch.

Linebackers should be the first priority. Feel like this group can be dominate with some help behind them.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 03:37 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: It'd be pretty hard to turn down Ed Oliver if he's there @ 11, but yes, watching Billings improve has indeed been a pleasure to watch.

Linebackers should be the first priority. Feel like this group can be dominate with some help behind them.

We need offensive lineman SOO bad. And there aren't many in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 10:32 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think that IF you put good LB's behind them, you'll think that Billings is an unmovable object.

I think so too.

(03-07-2019, 03:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Many times I jumped up and said "I love me some Tyler Boyd", several clutch catches.

I believe some of that comes from having the camera right on them on a given play and they get beat bad/fall down and the fan never lets em live that one play down. Billy Price's first snap comes to mind.

Every NFL player that's ever walked has plays they'd love to forget.

Must be the case, no player is perfect though.
Reply/Quote
agree with you guys, Billings vastly improved, so I don't view his spot as a need any longer.

Would love to see the Bengals sign Mosley and Barr and call it a successful off-season.
Go into the draft and if White is there, dam what a difference our Defense would be.
I wanted Frank Clark too, but he got tagged.

Sadly we know the Bengal way and need to look at guys that get cut. Sad
Reply/Quote