Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Mount Rushmore
This site seems to be doing a series on the top 4 players in the history of each team. The Bengals selections make sense, but Corey Dillon as the fourth was interesting, though I guess it makes sense.

http://lastwordonsports.com/2015/06/14/cincinnati-bengals-mount-rushmore/
Reply/Quote
If we're only selecting players, then I can go with that. Maybe sub Ken Riley for Dillon, but the other three are solid.

Regardless, looking forward to many pages of debating if Paul deserves on our Mt. Rushmore, just like on the old board.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Players only. Take out Boomer and Corey. Put in Riley and Chad.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Four faces of Andy Dalton
Reply/Quote
To me Munoz and Anderson are just locks after that it gets a little muddy. Boomer and Dillon are of course in the discussion. But also Chad Johnson, Tim Krumrie, Ken Riley, Pete Johnson even.

I think I'd have to go Munoz, Anderson, Boomer, Chad 85
Reply/Quote
I think when it comes to a Bengals Rushmore, you have to start with the Hall of Fame level players.

Anthony is in the HoF, so he's an automatic. Ken Riley is so deserving of the HoF that it's laughable he's not in...so he's the next lock. Then I think Kenny Anderson would be next, because a legit argument can be made that he deserves to be in the Hall.

So that's Munoz, Riley and Anderson. After that, it gets a little more difficult, with a few guys deserving of being in the mix. But, for me, the 4th spot has to be Boomer. Not only did Boomer win an MVP, and lead the team to a Super Bowl (2 things Anderson also did), but he also holds the NFL records for most completions, attempts, yards and TD's by a southpaw...most of which he racked up as a Bengal.

So, my 4 would be Munoz, Riley, Anderson and Esiason.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2015, 10:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think when it comes to a Bengals Rushmore, you have to start with the Hall of Fame level players.

Anthony is in the HoF, so he's an automatic. Ken Riley is so deserving of the HoF that it's laughable he's not in...so he's the next lock. Then I think Kenny Anderson would be next, because a legit argument can be made that he deserves to be in the Hall.

So that's Munoz, Riley and Anderson. After that, it gets a little more difficult, with a few guys deserving of being in the mix. But, for me, the 4th spot has to be Boomer. Not only did Boomer win an MVP, and lead the team to a Super Bowl (2 things Anderson also did), but he also holds the NFL records for most completions, attempts, yards and TD's by a southpaw...most of which he racked up as a Bengal.

Same logic and three of the same, but I would switch out Riley with Chad.
Reply/Quote
Imo, you go with a combination of productive faces of the franchise who were also stars around the league and well known among NFL fans in general.

If that's the case, I think it'd be Munoz, Kenny, Boomer, Chad. Chad is undeniably the biggest face of the Bengals since Boomer left.

Whether some want to admit it or not.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2015, 11:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Imo, you go with a combination of productive faces of the franchise who were also stars around the league and well known among NFL fans in general.

If that's the case, I think it'd be Munoz, Kenny, Boomer, Chad. Chad is undeniably the biggest face of the Bengals since Boomer left.

Whether some want to admit it or not.

I just don't think you can leave Chad Johnson off ! I'll be the first to admit I grew tired of Chad and got to not liking Ocho Cinco - a lot ! But I'll always love Chad and have very fond memories of him putting us back on the map.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2015, 10:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think when it comes to a Bengals Rushmore, you have to start with the Hall of Fame level players.

Ditto'd

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2015, 11:24 PM)Benton Wrote: Same logic and three of the same, but I would switch out Riley with Chad.

While Chad was great for quite a while here; here comes a bucket of water.

Chad ranks 30th in career yards for WRs.
Riley ranks 5th in career INTs. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2015, 08:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Players only. Take out Boomer and Corey. Put in Riley and Chad.

Read it before I said it.  Exactly this.  Although Boomer was a great Bengal and a key part of the introduction of the no-huddle offense, I think Kenny belongs there over him and the other three were also the absolute tops of their positions for a period of time. 

Well done.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 02:55 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: While Chad was great for quite a while here; here comes a bucket of water.

Chad ranks 30th in career yards for WRs.
Riley ranks 5th in career INTs. 

And Chad set franchise records for season and all-time receiving yards, receptions, TD receptions, yards in a game and seasons over 1,000 yards. And he's the only Bengal with over 10,000 career yards. He led the AFC in receiving yards for three or four years.

I wouldn't say it's a bucket of water, just a spritz. Riley is close, but considering the amount of talent at WR in the league over the years -- and even just in the AFC during his years -- Chad standing out is an accomplishment.
Reply/Quote
Munoz
Anderson
Krumrie
Riley

I want my Bengals Mt. Rushmore to have the 4 players who exemplify toughness, hard work, leadership, and who are good human beings. No divas or whiney bitches allowed.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 10:45 AM)Benton Wrote: And Chad set franchise records for season and all-time receiving yards, receptions, TD receptions, yards in a game and seasons over 1,000 yards. And he's the only Bengal with over 10,000 career yards. He led the AFC in receiving yards for three or four years.

I wouldn't say it's a bucket of water, just a spritz. Riley is close, but considering the amount of talent at WR in the league over the years -- and even just in the AFC during his years -- Chad standing out is an accomplishment.

I can't disagree with this, except the water part. If i'm going to get you wet, i'm going to do it right and not just give you a spritz.  Tongue

I'd say my criteria for choosing these members has more to do with their impact vs their peers, on a career scale. It's a Bengals Mt Rushmore, so i can see how it could also be based on what each player has done vs past Bengals players.

I certainly agree that Chad was outstanding.

Reply/Quote
Chad was outstanding, however NFL rules were changed to offset Mr. Issac Curtis, and he showed up in big games.
Reply/Quote
Just doing the OLB poll and had to come out in my two cents on Mt. Rushmore. Based on what the did on and off the field:

Munoz
Boomer
Anderson
Williams

I think Williams might be one of the most over looked Bengal of all-time by fans and media. Franchise record for fumble recoveries, second in team history in sacks and 16 career ints.
Reply/Quote
People on this board love slurping Ocho Sucko. That bum will never make it to the HOF and he NEVER showed up v PIT. Nice WR for a period of time, but without Carson Palmer he would have been a nobody.

Chad Johnson wasn't even the best WR on his team during his era. The other guy is much more deserving of a nod in this thread than some loud mouthed douche like Ocho Sucko.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2015, 01:03 PM)Beaker Wrote: Munoz
Anderson
Krumrie
Riley

I want my Bengals Mt. Rushmore to have the 4 players who exemplify toughness, hard work, leadership, and who are good human beings. No divas or whiney bitches allowed.

Looks good too me,Beaker.  ThumbsUp
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote

Absolutely......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote