Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Mount Rushmore
Folks not picking Chad are just looking for reasons not to. Forget his stats; because even the biggest hater cannot question the fact that he is the most statically dominant Bengal in the franchise’s history.

I see some folks saying diva or worse. The guy went 6 straight years without missing a game. I saw the guy get carted off the field onto a stretcher, into an ambulance, and started the very next week. I saw the feared Ray Lewis blow him up with a cheap shot to the head and Chad jump straight up. I saw him played 13 games with a torn Labrum in a season where the rest of the team mailed it in.

Compare that with what we see in our WRs today and tell me if you see a difference.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 08:11 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: This may be the dumbest post I have ever read. Chad had arguably the best all-around season of his career with Jon Kitna as his starting QB.  He was already established as a star and a Pro Bowler before Carson ever took a snap.

Teams doubled him to try to take him away and he allowed TJ to put up big reception numbers.

But go ahead with your bitterness and denial. Just makes you look silly

Never thought I'd agree with you.  But I do right here.  And FYI, it's probably the dumbest post you'll ever read.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 08:11 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: This may be the dumbest post I have ever read. Chad had arguably the best all-around season of his career with Jon Kitna as his starting QB.  He was already established as a star and a Pro Bowler before Carson ever took a snap.

Teams doubled him to try to take him away and he allowed TJ to put up big reception numbers.

But go ahead with your bitterness and denial. Just makes you look silly

Not only that, but Peter Warrick was the #2 WR back then, not TJ.

The idea that Housh "made" Chad or told him where to line up is ridiculous. TJ wasn't even starting until the 4th game of the 2004 season.

And fwiw, Chad had 10 TD's with Kitna in 2003. He never topped 9 TD's with Palmer.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Munoz, Anderson, Riely, and Chad Johnson.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
These 4 Bengals should all be in Canton     the stats don't lie   

Anthony Munoz
Ken Anderson
Ken Riley
Tim Krumrie

we have been short changed as a franchise for too long     just need to win a Lombardi        

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 09:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not only that, but Peter Warrick was the #2 WR back then, not TJ.

The idea that Housh "made" Chad or told him where to line up is ridiculous. TJ wasn't even starting until the 4th game of the 2004 season.

And fwiw, Chad had 10 TD's with Kitna in 2003. He never topped 9 TD's with Palmer.

I have also seen people give Hue Jackson a lot of credit because he wasour WR coach when we had Chad and TJ, but Chad was already great before Hue got here in '04.
Reply/Quote
To be Mt. Rushmore you must compare to the real thing, right?

So:

George Washington - The first, i.e. Greg Cook

Thomas Jefferson - Expanded a nation, i.e. Ken Anderson

Abraham Lincoln - The Great Emancipator, i.e. Boomer Esiason

Teddy Roosevelt - "Speak softly and carry a big stick", i.e. Anthony Munoz

Just my $.02
Reply/Quote