Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals National TV Sunday. What Are You Looking For In Game
Improvement:

O Line (obviously) - especially Center, RG and RT - With coaching trying a few new things with the ones.   

Tighter coverage by our linebackers

Better throws under pressure from Dalton

Some consistently good plays by Ross.   No boneheaded mistakes or drops

I'd LOVE it if Brown shows big playing with the ones

Better play from P. Brown.   I keep hearing how delighted the coaches are with him, but I've been pretty unimpressed.

The unkicker doing all the kicking - and making all of them

Hubbard, Willis and Brown getting all the snaps the first two defensive series (no M. Johnson - we already know who he is)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
First and foremost, as always, is the line, because I've been terrified with their play and the offense can't do anything without at least decent line play.

If that happens, I'd like to see our offense moving the ball with regularity like the well-oiled machine I know they can be.  

Aside from that, I'd like maybe one long ball to John Ross just to put the rest of our schedule on notice and I'd like Mixon to have some good runs and maybe break-off a long one (for the same reason- to put the league on notice!).

On D, I want to see AGGRESSION!
Reply/Quote
-I want to see our D-line manhandle Jethro Bodine and his boys......Geno has to be grinning ear-to-ear

-I want to see our O-line push around the Bills D-line..............and no false starts

-Zero Turnovers

Give me those 3 things and the rest will take care of itself
Reply/Quote
Brown to hit a 65 yarder that, after he's released in a couple of weeks, will cause endless moaning on this board for years to come.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 08:53 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Brown to hit a 65 yarder that, after he's released in a couple of weeks, will cause endless moaning on this board for years to come.

Yeah, I'm sure that last week, when they gave him the go on that 55 yd. attempt, Marvin was secretly thinking "this should put an end to the kicker debate..". 

I mean, that dude has got a leg!  He hits the ball so fast, I don't know if I've ever noticed a kicking motion so violent, outside of martial arts fighters.  I really want to see more kicks from Brown, from angles and shorter distances, etc.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 09:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I'm sure that last week, when they gave him the go on that 55 yd. attempt, Marvin was secretly thinking "this should put an end to the kicker debate..". 

I mean, that dude has got a leg!  He hits the ball so fast, I don't know if I've ever noticed a kicking motion so violent, outside of martial arts fighters.  I really want to see more kicks from Brown, from angles and shorter distances, etc.

Brown certainly has the physical tools to wow us, but I imagine the decision makers are wondering how will he perform when the game is on the line. How will he bounce back from a crucial miss? How short is his memory? This is the kind of stuff he can't show very much of while in preseason. Whenever/wherever he gets signed, it might boil down to someone's gut feel about him. That intangible called intuition the separates a few from the crowd. Brown needs someone to take a chance on him at this stage of his career. 

Would I sign him? If he performs on Sunday along the lines of how well he's done to this point, then Hell Yes! He will make mistakes and learn from them here during this upcoming year. This looks to be a great locker room environment that would likely be a positive influence on him. That would be consistent with how this 'team' progresses this year to mature as a unit, and go for it all in '19. And look at what the team did it with - young, talented athletes with a bunch of years in front of them.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
A win would be nice, as well as respect for the National Anthem!
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 11:22 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: thought getting him that 2 point conversion was a good start but yes get him and boyd involved early and often... We already know what AJ Brings I'm not opposed to letting AJ sit and giving the young guys a chance to work with Dalton... But Green will play I think.

Would like to see Eifert but if they are playing it safe I'm fine with that but if we are gonna play him in a preseason game this would be the one to do so... He needs to get hit before regular season

Yep, let Malonme, Boyd, and Ross carry the load. Throw Tate in there a few times with the ones, and Erickson.

Core seems to have dropped off the map. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I would like to see crisp tempo on offense and will be monitoring how many 3-and-outs and the 3rd down conversions on both sides of the ball.  

I would like to see the drunk kid more.

I will keep close on on secondary, especially how Bates III roams in center field.   

I would like to see if Fisher can be a viable backup at LT.  

RT is a given but I do not expect to see much change at that position.  Hart will have to do.

I will keep an eye on Wilson, Walton, and Carter... and Tate on special teams.  

No injuries on either side please.   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Well, I expect the starters to play the first half which should give a look at the overall team this year. Game 4 will be all backups fighting for a job. I would like the offense to move the ball this game.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
To keep it simple. I'd just like to see a clean game (injury free), with sound execution on both sides of the ball. That means sustained drives with unpredictable play calling on offense, and the defense serving up some 3 and outs. Obviously, I'd like to see a few of the bubble type players make a few splash plays, and separate themselves from the rest of the pack.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Every game regular or pre-season I wish to see both the OL and DL control and dominate the LOS. I think it all starts with them and everything else we do is dependent on them to do well.

Once that happens, I want to see our young guys play well:

Boyd
Ross
Kroft and Uzomah
Hart
Billings
Tate
Jackson
Dennard
Evans
Vigil
Jefferson
Bates
Wilson
Glasgow
Lawson
Willis

OK, full disclosure I want every guy on the roster to shine, but again it all starts on both sides of the ball with the line of scrimmage so the lines.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Obviously injury free tops the list. Then:

Eifert looking like the player of old

Synergy between Dalton and Boyd or Ross

Solid play from the right side of the line

Solid play from Driskel
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2018, 10:27 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Every game regular or pre-season I wish to see both the OL and DL control and dominate the LOS. I think it all starts with them and everything else we do is dependent on them to do well.

Once that happens, I want to see our young guys play well:

Boyd
Ross
Kroft and Uzomah
Hart
Billings
Tate
Jackson
Dennard
Evans
Vigil
Jefferson
Bates
Wilson
Glasgow
Lawson
Willis

OK, full disclosure I want every guy on the roster to shine, but again it all starts on both sides of the ball with the line of scrimmage so the lines.

It's hard for the other guys to NOT shine when both lines dominate a game.

Well, at least on offense.  On defense everyone else might look like they haven't done much if the front 4 spend the entire day in the backfield.
Reply/Quote
I want to see the offense get 1st downs. Consistency is big.
Reply/Quote
O Line creating lanes for the run game and protecting the QB. The QB executing the game plan and making accurate throws down the field.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 04:48 PM)grampahol Wrote: This game isn't going to determine that. The regular season games will determine how they do in the regular season. 
While I hope they win what I hope for most is consistency and no injuries. 

Yep.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Deep bomb to Ross for a TD.

Westerman to get snaps at RG.

Someone besides Fej to look good covering kicks
Reply/Quote
On offense I'm looking for:

A. The OL creating a pocket that Dalton can step up into. In particular, the right side has to play better. Glenn is ok, but is not Whitworth on the left side.

B. Dalton connecting down field.

C. The running game actually being a factor. Imagine that happening.

On defense I'm looking for:

A. Run defense playing well, but I don't know how much of a run threat Buffalo really is.

B. 3rd down play. How well do we get off the field on 3rd down?

Reply/Quote
I'm looking to see if the whole stressful is-he-isn't-he situation with Marvin coming back effected his Claps Per Minute (CPM) from his elite 2003-2017 status in the statistic, or if the first two preseason games were enough to get the rust off and get him back into mid-season CPM form.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote