Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Need Blocking. Mostly OT
The Bengals need helmets and should pads to play the game this year......
Reply/Quote
Quote:Literally no one has ever said that.  Not once.
We already have great blockers,the greatest of all time in fact!
There! I said it and openly admit to lying. I should at least qualify for the liar of the day award for that..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2019, 10:47 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Lets overpay an old washed up OT...

sick bro :andy:
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 02:11 PM)grampahol Wrote: We already have great blockers,the greatest of all time in fact!
There! I said it and openly admit to lying. I should at least qualify for the liar of the day award for that..

The long snapper is a beast.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The Bengals most definitely need multiple OTs.
The OTs they have on the roster right now are Cody Glenn, Bobby Hart, and Kent Perkins. That's it. Only one of these options has ever even been serviceable. I think they have to go OT on Day 1 or Day 2.

Between Miller, Westerman, Hopkins, Redmond, Taylor, and even Price, I think RG could be ok. Probably not great, but it will suffice if RT can improve.

The Bengals also need two LBs to backfill for Burfict and VRey. They really should go LB on Day 1 or Day 2.

They need a TE with pass catching ability to groom behind Eifert and Uzomah.

They need another pass rushing DT to back up Atkins and play nickel DT.

I think they could wait on DE a year to see how Lawson, Willis, and Hubbard develop further. Plus, upgrading the interior pass rush should also help the DEs. Not opposed to another DE drafted though, just don't think it's as big of a need as some other spots.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly I'd be fine if our first 5 picks were all OT and LBers.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 03:28 AM)Nickslycat Wrote: The reason the Bungles don’t win is the fact they have never valued the OL.  This is Mike Brown in a nutshell.
Great shiny pieces, as good or better, then any team in the league.  Shit OL, mutes all the shine.  When the defense spends an average of 8 minutes more time on the field than the offense, they are worn out.  How many times in the last three years did they lose a lead in the fourth quarter?  Common effing sense.   Great offenses make great defenses.  Dominant OLs make a great offense.
Just take a look at the two SB teams this past year.  How many sacks did they give up combined?  Less than the Bungles as a whole.
Draft the best OL at 11, and 42.
There is no argument, why does Alabama, and now Clemson dominate?

you must have missed the OL we had when marvin took over or your too young
Reply/Quote
Its so hard to guess not knowing Taylors style. Marv for example - loved long CB's. That helped. I'm going to stick with OT (assuming their #1 is still there) - I think the fact that he was a QB - He knows how important the OL is. Thats the theory I'm sticking with. Then go by need - which is LB. GETTING EXCITED THOUGH! WHODEY!
Check out my YouTube Show - The Cincinnati Bengals Genius

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ah3dvZ0FG3NyGp4gNBkEA?view_as=subscriber
Reply/Quote