Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Need These Extra Days Off
Playing on Sunday and Thursday now gives Bengals some much needed time off. I know some on here always say injuries don't matter, but injuries do matter. This does not mean Burrow, Higgins, Hubbard and others will be able to play in 10 days. As of now, nobody knows yet how bad Joe Burrow's throwing wrist is, and that is nothing to play with. You do not rush him back and take a chance of hurting your franchise quarterbacks throwing wrist even worse.

Bengals were doing good, beating 49ers and Bills, but injuries piled up and 2 losses in 5 days. Bengals now get some much needed days off to hit the trainers room and the physical therapy sessions.

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals need to somehow find another bye week in this schedule lol. We'll see on Burrow's status though. Doesn't seem good, but im no expert. If he's not good to go, then this extra rest probably won't mean an enormous amount unfortunately.
Reply/Quote
Seasons over. Even with Burrow. Schedule is brutal.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Seasons over. Even with Burrow. Schedule is brutal.

I had mentioned tanking the rest of the way, but if the season ended now the Bengals would pick 14th in the draft.. At this point even sucking badly isn't really a viable option..  Mellow I'm thinking the only way out is to make a big trade or two for picks.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:22 PM)grampahol Wrote: I had mentioned tanking the rest of the way, but if the season ended now the Bengals would pick 14th in the draft.. At this point even sucking badly isn't really a viable option..  Mellow I'm thinking the only way out is to make a big trade or two for picks.. 

Burrow out for rest of season. 

Now one said season is over.  You said maybe tank for draft.  Fans can say that.  Players and Coaches can't.  The games are scheduled, tickets sold, TV scheduled.   Teams that try to lose on purpose, should be penalized as hard as the 1919 Chicago White Sox.  Owners, Coaches, Players kicked out of the game forever for losing on purpose.  There is NO QUIT.  

Now Bengals might lose without Burrow, but everybody on the team needs to practice hard and play to win.  This losing for the draft is something that if NFL League Office ever could prove it, that team would get punished like the 1919 White Sox. Of course I don't think the Bengals owners, coaches and players are thinking of tanking for the draft, that is just nonsense fans think about.

Back to my original post. With Burrow out for season, Bengals do need these extra days off now to adjust and adapt. If Browning is the #1, then they need an active #2 and a practice squad #3 QB.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote