Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Need To Scout Bowl Games HARD
(12-27-2019, 08:02 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) 8 out of the last 17 Heisman winners lost there Bowl game. Once again I was right and you were wrong. And by the way I did reply so who is the liar now.
2.) His stats were meh from last season look them up for yourself if you don't believe me.

Won or lost has no bearing on their individual performances.  The overwhelming majority of the past 17 Heisman winners produced at a level that was representative to winning the award.  Also, be careful about throwing the term "liar" around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 08:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Won or lost has no bearing on their individual performances.  The overwhelming majority of the past 17 Heisman winners produced at a level that was representative to winning the award.  Also, be careful about throwing the term "liar" around.

Cry about it
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
another who stood out in Bowl Game was Lynn Swann. It was no surprise he stood out in Super Bowls.

Don't go to much on the easy games big schools load up on. I don't care who played well in those. If Ohio State plays Akron, I only care if someone for Akron looked good, not Ohio State. Don't show footage of Burrow at LSU against weak opponents. The Bengals never win the hard games and so they need players in college who were big in the hard games. The edge rusher for Ohio State drawing triple blockers in big games counts, you can't do that in the NFL or the others would kill you.

OK, so Bengals have top picks all through draft, but few scouts. So throw out all the easy games teams played this year except the few the easy teams pulled an upset and who are the hidden stars on that easy team. Look at game film of all the good team match ups this season. Go over every Bowl Game. Have the O Line coaches look for much needed blocking. They have until April. Yes they could go on what other people say as Bengals have in past including drugstore guy, but worst team since 1991 means it isn't working. They actually have to wade through weeks of game film to see for themselves who to take at the top of each round. If they do their homework, they should have their best draft ever, every round. The worst team in NFL last 2 years needs to hit it big all through the draft trying to get 7 good players, not just 1.

The first pick in 2 should be a monster. Not a reach. A monster that fell from 1 to 2 but will be taken right away. Pick 33 should be as good as 1969 when we got Cook in 1 and Bergey in 2. Pick 33 should be an immediate starting monster somewhere on this team.

The first pick in 3 is like a 2....4 is like a 3......They really need to do scouting and homework and get this right because THIS DRAFT and where they pick can turn this team into a POWER or keep them LOSERS. They need to put all their energy into scouting all these Bowl Games and going back through big game film. Also any major upsets and what late round stars may be hidden on those teams. It will take time, it will take work, but the entire future of Bengals depends on making 7 great draft picks as they draft in front of everybody else. Every one of these Bowl Games shows players stepping up at every position, and more often than not these are the players who go on to step up in the NFL also. Big Game Players, which we never win the Big Games, so we need them.

Which O Linemen are getting it done in these Bowl games should be very much on Bengals radar since it would do no good to add a Burrow at QB and keep the worst O Line in the NFL the last 3 years. Hard to believe there won't be blockers in these big Bowl games better than some of the slugs Bengals put on the field. So IF they take Burrow, get him some blockers to protect such a huge franchise investment in a Pick 1 QB. Hopefully these owners learned from Carson getting clobbered every single play he was here. Carson was the most hit QB in the NFL. Boomer said Carson could sue for Non Support. Dalton takes a beating every play also. Burrow isn't Super Man, he will need some Blockers. You do not blame the QB for getting hit as soon as ball is snapped. Just like The Longest Mile, the name of the game in blocking is PROTECT THE SUPERSTAR. Protect the Quarterback. That is Pee Wee on up, everybody should know that. For 3 years Bengals have had worst O Line in NFL and Burrow won't be any better than Dalton if the O Line isn't fixed.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote