Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals New Defense Coordinator
(02-05-2019, 07:48 PM)pally Wrote: He doesn’t have to. All the Rams have to do is no say to any interview

Yeah, I'm aware of that.  I was just having a little fun.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 08:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I'm aware of that.  I was just having a little fun.

In that case..... Belichick.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 07:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Question for the audiance:

I know teams can block interviews, but can they block a coach from quitting and going elsewhere?

For instance ZT would not need to interview someone from the Ram's staff and Mikey might take his word for it. 

I believe there are terms for breaking a contract and there are legal ramifications.  I cannot see a coach from a team that just went to the SB quitting the team.  But Evero is one of two coaches in the secondary.  I would not think McVay would block him from a DC position but one never knows.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 08:12 PM)Interceptor Wrote: In that case..... Belichick.

Funny that you say that.  I was just thinking Brian Flores, and then I remembered that he's now the HC of the Dolphins..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
As I just stated in the Del Rio thread, I have a feeling MB will bring in a former head coach who wants back in the NFL, Greg Schiano...
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 08:13 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I believe there are terms for breaking a contract and there are legal ramifications.  I cannot see a coach from a team that just went to the SB quitting the team.  But Evero is one of two coaches in the secondary.  I would not think McVay would block him from a DC position but one never knows.  

I could see a coach quitting if a team blocked him from going from a position coach to a coordinator. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 07:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: JERRY    Jerry Porter.

lol. I was going to go there but didn't know how it would play in JN.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 08:59 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: As I just stated in the Del Rio thread, I have a feeling MB will bring in a former head coach who wants back in the NFL, Greg Schiano...

Schiano is the favorite for the Patriots DC job

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 08:59 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: As I just stated in the Del Rio thread, I have a feeling MB will bring in a former head coach who wants back in the NFL....

Parcells? I'm game.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 09:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I could see a coach quitting if a team blocked him from going from a position coach to a coordinator. 

They would still own his rights per the contract. He can quit...but he still can't take another job. It's the equivalent of a non compete clause.
Reply/Quote
I really don't think I want any of these old head guys. I think what we need is something new, get a young guy out of the college ranks that is up on today's game, and not living on his laurels of the past.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 10:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I really don't think I want any of these old head guys. I think what we need is something new, get a young guy out of the college ranks that is up on today's game, and not living on his laurels of the past.

I agree.  Thing is, college coaches make so much money these days. I do NOT want Greg Schiano.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote