Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals New Defense Coordinator
(01-11-2019, 10:31 AM)mon4078 Wrote: What about Greg Schiano he has experience as a HC and coordinator.

No.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:05 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Use this thread to opine on possible Defense Coordinator candidates for the Cincinnati Bengals.  

I know Greg Williams & Jack Del Rio are out there but who else comes to mind?

Del Rio would be the Marvin hire since they are tight. I cant see Jack taking a job here as defensive coordinator right after Marvin was ousted.

Regardless I think Taylor should hire a seasoned coordinator to run his defense.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The problem I have with Marinelli, he will be 70 years of age.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:49 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: The problem I have with Marinelli, he will be 70 years of age.

Wade Phillips is 71. He was 69 as well I believe when McVay hired him to come be his DC. They actually fit a similar profile older guy who commands respect and has been around with head coaching experience. 
Reply/Quote
Steve Wilks?
Reply/Quote
Kris Richard could be in line for a DC position if your looking for a talented young guy.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:42 AM)Au165 Wrote: Dallas would block that move. Marianelli isn't a bad hire though in terms of scheme and how it could work here. 

If it's for a promotion, they couldn't block it, could they?  Other than promoting him themselves, that is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:33 AM)McC Wrote: Buckeye homers don't seem to be fans.  That has to say something.

OK, I'm not a Buckeyes fan so I didn't know I thought he was highly regarded. So I looked it up they weren't ranked very well so I withdrawal my original statement HAHA.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:55 AM)Okeana Wrote: Kris Richard could be in line for a DC position if your looking for a talented young guy.

I guess if Dallas does not block the move, the Bengals could do what the Reds had to do and throw big money at him to get him here.  But I cannot see Dallas letting him go.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:56 AM)McC Wrote: If it's for a promotion, they couldn't block it, could they?  Other than promoting him themselves, that is.

Like you said, it would force Dallas to promote Richard to DC to block the move.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:31 AM)mon4078 Wrote: What about Greg Schiano he has experience as a HC and coordinator.

I’m a buckeye and I want nothing to do with that. Under his watch, the linebacker play at Ohio state has stunk. Wrong gaps, no discipline, bad key reading. No thanks.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:56 AM)McC Wrote: If it's for a promotion, they couldn't block it, could they?  Other than promoting him themselves, that is.

They can block it, we did it to Vance Joseph years ago. You can't block a move to a HC but you can block any other move. 
Reply/Quote
Realistically, someone who knows how to plan for an opponent and most important, MAKE QUICK ADJUSTMENTS, SPECIALLY FOR THE 2ND HALF OF THE GAME.
Reply/Quote
What about Ed Donatell (Bears)?
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Just as long as Hue is no longer part of this organization, I'm good.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:27 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I can't imagine a more awkward situation, for any organization, than for newly deposed HC to be retained by the same team in a subordinate role.  No, thank you..
yeah that's why it never happens
Reply/Quote
How about Kacy Rogers, the Jets Defensive Coordinator since 2015? He had solid units with virtually no offense to speak of on the other side of the ball and I don't think he is being retained by the new coaching staff.

He had a serious illness in 2018, which forced him to miss a couple games, and that would need looking in to (it was described as a "scare" so if it was a bypass/plumbing issues, it is probably resolved) but I like everything I have read about the guy.
Reply/Quote
Has Illinois fired Lovie Smith yet? They have sucked every year he has been there.

He is not nearly as old as I thought. Only 60.
Reply/Quote
Mike Singletary is also still just 60.

If not DC then maybe LB coach.  He is coaching in the Arena League now and would probably take anything to get back in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:14 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Looking at college coaches:

Don Brown (Michigan)
Brent Venables (Clemson)
Manny Diaz (Miami)
Bob Shoop (Mississippi State)

I'd love to see Venables....but that team has VERY little turnover in its coaching ranks.  Dabo has created a family atmosphere that is hard to break apart.  They talked about it in the National Championship run....Dabo has had like 3 coaches leave during this run, and Saban had double digit staff turnover.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote