Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals O line produces top 5 worst performance during PFF era Monday night.
21.4, wow. They also lost the most matchups of any team during that era....

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/02/bengals-offensive-line-lost-most-matchups-of-any-single-game-pff-era/?utm_source=smg&utm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=home-hero

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Time to extend Turner's contract before someone lures him away as a HC!
Reply/Quote
The sucky thing is we could actually run the ball during this game...yet they passed passed passed...even before the game was out of hand.

Let Mixon carry 25 times when he's averaging more than 4 ypc.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 01:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The sucky thing is we could actually run the ball during this game...yet they passed passed passed...even before the game was out of hand.

Gotta do something different, that's for certain.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 01:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: Gotta do something different, that's for certain.

I've seen very little ability to adapt by this staff on either side of the ball.

On offense, the offensive line is terrible at communication. They double a guy and let another guy run free.

On defense, we can't stop misdirection...week after week.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 01:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I've seen very little ability to adapt by this staff on either side of the ball.

On offense, the offensive line is terrible at communication. They double a guy and let another guy run free.

On defense, we can't stop misdirection...week after week.

.....which is what's killing us on offense. When guys are running free in your backfield, it's hard to run or throw.

As for the defense, that's been a problem for a while.  You gotta have smart LB play, and those guys have to be rangy too. Also, I think losing Dennard has hurt us big time there. He's been at least a solid contributor to the run game on the edge. Bates is really struggling too this season. I see decent contain from the dline, especially Monday, with absolutely no support behind them. That's a huge part of the struggles IMO.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 01:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....which is what's killing us on offense. When guys are running free in your backfield, it's hard to run or throw.

As for the defense, that's been a problem for a while.  You gotta have smart LB play, and those guys have to be rangy too. Also, I think losing Dennard has hurt us big time there. He's been at least a solid contributor to the run game on the edge. Bates is really struggling too this season. I see decent contain from the dline, especially Monday, with absolutely no support behind them. That's a huge part of the struggles IMO.

Under poor coaching...guys regress.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 01:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The sucky thing is we could actually run the ball during this game...yet they passed passed passed...even before the game was out of hand.

Simply put: this is not a well-coached team. At all.

If this continues for the next 12 weeks, they have to fire every single member of this staff at seasons end. Again.

(The coordinators should be fired immediately, as far as I’m concerned).
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 01:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Under poor coaching...guys regress.

They were pretty damn shitty last year, so.......

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 01:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: They were pretty damn shitty last year, so.......

They were also 4-1 to start the year.

We might not win 4 games all year this year...and our QB is healthy.

There's not just 1 issue, but they obviously misevaluated the O-Line and LB positions. They thought Hart would improve. They thought Brown and Vigil could stop the run.

The whole 2 LB scheme has failed miserably.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 01:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They were also 4-1 to start the year.

We might not win 4 games all year this year...and our QB is healthy.

There's not just 1 issue, but they obviously misevaluated the O-Line and LB positions. They thought Hart would improve. They thought Brown and Vigil could stop the run.

The whole 2 LB scheme has failed miserably.

I was referring to the defense, but yes, they were 4-1. I don't know about the line being misevaluated, again, no Glenn, no Boling, no Redmond (I laughed a little), and then no Jonah Williams. That's a pretty bad break any way you slice it dude.

They should have done better about the LBs for sure. Hell, I'd just start playing Pratt at this point.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 01:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: I was referring to the defense, but yes, they were 4-1. I don't know about the line being misevaluated, again, no Glenn, no Boling, no Redmond (I laughed a little), and then no Jonah Williams. That's a pretty bad break any way you slice it dude.

They should have done better about the LBs for sure. Hell, I'd just start playing Pratt at this point.

The one silver lining to losing a lot of games and knocking yourself out of the playoffs early is it gives you a chance to get a good look at some guys that don't see a lot of playing time otherwise.  You can actually evaluate them in genuine games against genuine offenses/defenses.  It's like you said, at this point Pratt should be out there most of the time - ready to start or not.  It literally does not hurt at this point.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 01:56 PM)Big Boss Wrote: The one silver lining to losing a lot of games and knocking yourself out of the playoffs early is it gives you a chance to get a good look at some guys that don't see a lot of playing time otherwise.  You can actually evaluate them in genuine games against genuine offenses/defenses.  It's like you said, at this point Pratt should be out there most of the time - ready to start or not.  It literally does not hurt at this point.

Right. Let's not pull a Marv and leave a guy like WJIII on IR and call up Peerman because we have some wild visions of competing for a playoff berth. Let's do the smart thing and take our lumps, and evaluate what we've got.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 02:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Right. Let's not pull a Marv and leave a guy like WJIII on IR and call up Peerman because we have some wild visions of competing for a playoff berth. Let's do the smart thing and take our lumps, and evaluate what we've got.

100% agree

Including the QB position  Shocked
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 01:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: I was referring to the defense, but yes, they were 4-1. I don't know about the line being misevaluated, again, no Glenn, no Boling, no Redmond (I laughed a little), and then no Jonah Williams. That's a pretty bad break any way you slice it dude.

So it would be:

Hart/Miller/Hopkins/Glenn/Williams

IF they had the line they wanted.

Hart: 46.4 which is Bad.
Miller 56.3 which is Below Average to Bad at times.
Hopkins has been above average to good.

The, you have Glenn who had his worst year of his career last year moving inside to a position he's never played in the NFL.
And a rookie, in Jonah Williams who we think will be good, but we don't really know.

I doubt that's a good offensive line, but probably not as epically bad as now.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 02:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So it would be:

The, you have Glenn who had his worst year of his career last year moving inside to a position he's never played in the NFL.
And a rookie, in Jonah Williams who we think will be good, but we don't really know.

Right, maybe even good enough to have at least won a game or two by now ......which was the point. None of those are real good....but they're not REAL bad. Right now, we're REAL bad.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 02:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So it would be:

(10-02-2019, 03:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: Right, maybe even good enough to have at least won a game or two by now ......which was the point. None of those are real good....but they're not REAL bad. Right now, we're REAL bad.

No one really knows how Jonah Williams will end up playing. We can presume that he'd be better, but we don't really know that for sure or how much better. Remember he was a guy a number of teams had down as a guard, not a tackle.

Yes, there has been some tough breaks, but there were tough breaks last year as well.

I'm shocked at how badly these guys are playing, at how unprepared they are for what the other team is doing and at how non-innovative the play calling was. The Steelers simple ran roughshod over the Bengals in all phases and they made a point of embarrassing the Bengals.

It's sad that Mike Brown hasn't noticed though.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 03:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: Right, maybe even good enough to have at least won a game or two by now ......which was the point. None of those are real good....but they're not REAL bad. Right now, we're REAL bad.

I feel like the Seattle game was a coaching loss. Call a different play here or there and manage the game different and we win.
Reply/Quote
Pretty bummed with how price has been playing. I thought he was going to be an upgrade at the center position.
Reply/Quote
Yeah that made the front page news in my town along with a picture of Andre Smith and Bobby Hart doing their thing Monday night...

[Image: 8dp1uliuy0q31.jpg]
Reply/Quote