Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals OC Jackson calls out A.J. Green for quitting on near interception
(09-23-2015, 04:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: AJ's refusal to play defense when the DB's get position is what keeps him from actually being elite.

Funny, as I've seen him break up a few...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 07:30 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Funny, as I've seen him break up a few...

Versus how many he has not tried to break up?  Apparently it has happened enough that Hue has noticed it and said something about it.  Maybe it was only the one time, but it seems it was more than that.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 07:34 PM)PApinhead Wrote: Versus how many he has not tried to break up?  Apparently it has happened enough that Hue has noticed it and said something about it.  Maybe it was only the one time, but it seems it was more than that.

And not just Hue. It wasn't by pure chance that the sportscasters had a tape all cued up to go of AJ running bad routes and not playing the ball well in the air so that when he bobbled a perfect pass into a pick six in preseason they showed it and lit into him.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 07:37 PM)Joelist Wrote: And not just Hue. It wasn't by pure chance that the sportscasters had a tape all cued up to go of AJ running bad routes and not playing the ball well in the air so that when he bobbled a perfect pass into a pick six in preseason they showed it and lit into him.

Yeah, that was going to be one of my next points.  It's not just some of us fans that notice these things.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 12:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: maybe but the point has been getting called out for years now about greens lack of effort on some plays glad to see hue put the boot to the ass.

If green puts in 100% effort every play he truely could be the best in the league stat wise.

Oh, no doubt Green doesn't turn into a DB as often as he should. We've all seen it many times. I'm not absolving Green of anything.

But I don't want us to start justifying INTs either. It's a QB stat for reason. Both sides of that could have been played better.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 03:37 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Wasn't a bad throw. It got tipped.

By a Defender?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 03:37 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Wasn't a bad throw. It got tipped.

You are correct, my friend.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 12:18 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Their secondary aside from Will Hill is suspect, but Hill is having himself quite a season thus far. Id steer clear of him when passing.

Absolutely.  I think one of the biggest improvements in Andy's game thus far is he doesn't seem to feel as though he HAS to go to AJ.  Go to the receiver that is open. 
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 01:10 PM)bengalsfan73 Wrote: I know I probably will get a lot of grief for saying this but I commend Hue for saying this because on that play it was true. AJ just kind of watched the ball almost be intercepted while he did nothing. AJ is a great receiver but honestly it is plays like this and all of the drops that is keeping him from being a top 3 receiver in the league. Everyone is always quick to point out mistakes when Andy makes them but it just seems that every time AJ makes a mistake he gets a pass because he is "one of the best in the game at his position." Don't get me wrong I am a huge AJ fan but he needs to be held accountable for his mistakes as much as the next guy. In order for this team to continue winning everyone will have to continue to step up their game and play with the heart and passion that they have been playing. I know it is early but I am excited about this team's chances this year. Who Dey

I agree with this.
Reply/Quote
It isn't about pillorying AJ to justify other players. With his gifts AJ could and should be getting mentioned in the same breath as Megatron and Rice. All he needs to do is become the technician as well as the athlete.
Reply/Quote
I applaud Hue for calling AJ out. AJ needs calling out IMHO.

I love AJ as much as anybody and he has all the ability in the world to be right up there with the best.

But you can see at times he looses focus, quits on routes, etc. Because the defender has position, ball isn't thrown perfectly and so on. AJ has to learn that every pass isn't going to hit him in the numbers. He's not going to beat every defender on every route. And he tends to give up on plays way to often.

It's that last 5% of effort, will, determination, never say die attitude that he lacks - at times, that keeps him from achieving the greatness in him !
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 08:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: By a Defender?

Yes?
Reply/Quote
I'm really digging the newfound attitude that Marvin and now Hue seem to be exuding. I'm still not a fan of taking potshots at players to the public, but I dig the whole "we need to be the elite of the elite and then some" sort of vibe that they are giving off. I hope that the attitude can last for the entire season!
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 11:41 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I'm really digging the newfound attitude that Marvin and now Hue seem to be exuding.  I'm still not a fan of taking potshots at players to the public, but I dig the whole "we need to be the elite of the elite and then some" sort of vibe that they are giving off.  I hope that the attitude can last for the entire season!

I agree. It's good to see the accountability.....for every player. There seems to be a newfound fire in this staff this season. I'm liking what I'm seeing and hearing. Maybe these "potshots" are being used to motivate for that extra mile. It's a new approach....and so far, it seems to be working.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It was a public criticism of one of out best players.  Criticism is clearly part of a coach's job, it's the public part that seems a little too much to me.
Reply/Quote