Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals OC
For a while now I've been seeing posts all over Jungle noise where people are talking about ZT and calling for an OC.

I'd just like to take the opportunity to let everyone know the Bengals do have an OC. Brian Callahan is the OC. First-timer he may be, he is the OC.

ZT just calls the plays on Sundays...

《Steps down off of soap box》

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 09:08 PM)JSR18 Wrote: For a while now I've been seeing posts all over Jungle noise where people are talking about ZT and calling for an OC.

I'd just like to take the opportunity to let everyone know the Bengals do have an OC. Brian Callahan is the OC. First-timer he may be, he is the OC.

ZT just calls the plays on Sundays...

《Steps down off of soap box》

Need to let Brian call the plays then clearly. He is not having the control he should to judge him from.

Zac is.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2019, 09:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Need to let Brian call the plays then clearly. He is not having the control he should to judge him from.

Zac is.

I don't trust anyone who lacks the self-respect and self-esteem to allow themselves to be called the "Offensive Coordinator" while still letting Zac Taylor call 4th and inches QB runs out of the shotgun, throw it three times in a row on 1st and goal from the 2, and then run it two times in a row on 1st and goal from the 8, on game day.

If you quietly sit there and allow it to happen, it's tactic consent to Zac Taylor's play calling.

Just saying... Jimi Hendrix would never have written a bunch of guitar solos and then let Sid Vicious play them for him.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I firmly agree 100 %. However, I think ZT is trying to stay as close to the "Sean McVay prototype" as possible...

The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
ZT just needs to be himself not a Sean McVay clone
Be a leader not a follower
Reply/Quote
Besides the outside zone run scheme early in the year the offense didnt look like the Rams at all. After thr bye week and the switch in the run game they were even further apart. In fact as the Rams season rolled on they changed up their run game too because the outside zone wasnt working. Before people start saying the outside zone run doesnt work the 49ers and Vikings are looking good running it.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I think Taylor will improve significantly after a year of calling plays but I think they ought to bring in J. Garrett as assistant OC.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote