Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The TDs by Aiyuk and Samuel
Deebo Samuel took a simple handoff on a end around
And goes untouched 26 yds for a score
Brandon Aiyuk goes across the formation catches
A what we used to call a arrow route and scores the game winner. He goes in untouched.

Why is it the 49ers can execute these plays with perfection and yet if ZT tried the exact plays.they would
Have a net game of 4 yds.

I watched Chase take a end around and the Niners
Snuffed it out.

Its a copycat league.
Is it predictability, scheme, or lack of setting up the play
Correctly?
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 11:53 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Deebo Samuel took a simple handoff on a end around
A what we used to call a arrow route and scores the game winner. He goes in untouched.

Why is it the 49ers can execute these plays with perfection and yet if ZT tried the exact plays.they would

Snuffed it out.

Its a copycat league.
Correctly?

Fair question and I'm also curious because I'm admittedly not an Xs & Os expert. I guess my first instinct is to suggest the OL isn't good enough to open up the running lanes, but I honestly have no idea. I just read everywhere our OL sucks and thus my speculation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 11:53 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Deebo Samuel took a simple handoff on a end around

Snuffed it out.

Its a copycat league.
Correctly?

The Aiyuk TD was a slide concept, Bell has to have the first man out the backside but got sucked down on the run action. The end also got sucked down which allowed an easy pitch and catch rather than getting his hands up in the throwing lane making it a tougher throw.

On the handoff to Samuel it was essentially a power play, Juan Jennings get's outside of Hilton and turn him back inside while Hubbard is scraping to get contain but Jennings runs Hilton through Hubbard essentially killing contain. 66 from SF get's to the second level and gets up to Apple which is a matchup your never going to win. Hilton has to fight back across Jennings and run him wide to force Samuel back into a scraping Hubbard. 

Things work when one team executes better than the other, in both cases their guys did their jobs and ours didn't.
Reply/Quote

Snuffed it out.

Its a copycat league.
Correctly?

Perhaps the terminology has changed, but that route by Aiyuk was not an arrow route but just a simple flat route. The 49ers ran what looked like a flood concept to me and Aiyuk was the flat man. Cincinnati was in cover 3 and Bell was in the box and bit on the PA fake, allowing Aiyuk to have the edge. Pretty simple throw for Jimmy G. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 11:53 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Why is it the 49ers can execute these plays with perfection and yet if ZT tried the exact plays.they would

This is kind of a silly question considering that our offense was more productive that the Niners.  

We had more yards, more yards per play, and more first downs.  How could that be possible if every Niner play worked perfectly and every Bengal play failed?
Reply/Quote

Snuffed it out.

Its a copycat league.
Correctly?

Because Shanahan is a very experienced, successful, creative offensive playcaller.
He's gotten his team prepared very well to execute, and his players fit very well to the scheme he likes to run.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
All I know is the Deebo TD never should have happened. Jessie Bates took maybe the single worst angle I have ever seen a safety take. Sure it would have gone for a nice gain but the TD was completely avoidable if Bates does his job.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 01:48 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: All I know is the Deebo TD never should have happened. Jessie Bates took maybe the single worst angle I have ever seen a safety take. Sure it would have gone for a nice gain but the TD was completely avoidable if Bates does his job.

Bachie took a terrible angle on that one as well. He ended up chasing the play from behind rather than getting out in front of it and cutting him off.
Reply/Quote

Snuffed it out.

Its a copycat league.
Correctly?

I was thinking this myself.. Zacs play designs are so Bland... Nothing creative, barley ever... That Ayiuk touchdown was a great call...
Reply/Quote
I think Samuel got tackled for a loss or no gain on seemingly the same play.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote