Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need a monster yr from somebody under the radar.
I don't know if we need guys to come out of nowhere.

Glenn, Lawson, and Preston Brown returning to form would all be big.

Guys like Price, Ross, Hubbard, and Bates taking the next step in their development would be big pluses.

Miller being even serviceable at RG would be a big upgrade.

Then maybe a guy like Westerman who's played well in spot duty steps up big in a contract year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Places that have the most room for someone under the radar to step up:
OL
LB

Out of these positions, I'd really like to see Westerman and Jefferson step up.
Jefferson especially I think will thrive if you can put him in a position where he can chase and not have to diagnose too much.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think Wren as a rookie could surprise. As far as the vets, some have forgotten about Lawson, hope he returns to form.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
If any of Westerman, Jordan, Jefferson, or Pratt become clear above average starters, it will mean an awful lot for this team. If even just two of them prove out, then things look a lot less bleak going into the 2020 draft.

As it stands now, they need at least 3 starting caliber o-lineman until someone on the roster proves otherwise. If either one of the young guys does as well as Boling did as a rookie, then you can move on to replacing the atrocious drive-killing Bobby Hart with a legitimate NFL RT and be in business when you draft a quarterback with your top 5 pick next year.
Reply/Quote
I'm still waiting for the good news that Dalton, AJ, and Mixon have all decided to follow in Boling's footsteps to retire early as well just because it sounds like a Bengals thing to do suddenly..  Sad
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2019, 04:29 PM)impactplaya Wrote: just got to thinking. not to long ago this team always had a couple guys
come out of nowhere and really impact this team.
Burfict and Reggie Nelson come to mind.
remember before they started making plays
all over and being big time producers.!
even before that Deltha ONeal and Tab Perry
were big contributors.
no different this year. we need some big time game changers outside
of the standard guys we expect to play big.
maybe a Kerry Wynn or Alex Erickson takes their games to another level.
could be a Christian Westerman.

Sorry, but is it just me...  I kept thinking your post was going to be a poem?  Tongue
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 04:07 PM)samhain Wrote: If any of Westerman, Jordan, Jefferson, or Pratt become clear above average starters, it will mean an awful lot for this team.  If even just two of them prove out, then things look a lot less bleak going into the 2020 draft.  

As it stands now, they need at least 3 starting caliber o-lineman until someone on the roster proves otherwise.  If either one of the young guys does as well as Boling did as a rookie, then you can move on to replacing the atrocious drive-killing Bobby Hart with a legitimate NFL RT and be in business when you draft a quarterback with your top 5 pick next year.

Boling was atrocious for the 4 games he started at RG as a rookie.  He got manhandled constantly and his scouting reports of needing a year in an NFL weight room proved true.  
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 10:42 PM)Whatever Wrote: Boling was atrocious for the 4 games he started at RG as a rookie.  He got manhandled constantly and his scouting reports of needing a year in an NFL weight room proved true.  

If all Jordan/Westerman need is a year of weight training, then that's a win.  If they can hold their own mentally and technically (as Boling could) on a NFL line, then the rest can be taken care of with work.
Reply/Quote