Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Offense Projected #13
Ahead of both Steelers and Ravens, surprisingly ... but well behind the Browns (#3).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27154042/the-nfl-best-worst-offensive-arsenals-barnwell-32-1-ranking

13. Cincinnati Bengals
2018 rank: No. 16 | 2017: No. 6

The emergence of Tyler Boyd as an above-average second wideout behind A.J. Green helps push the Bengals up, even as it seems less likely we'll see much from former first-round picks Tyler Eifert and John Ross. Boyd, who was a healthy scratch at times in 2017, was on pace for a 98-1,240-10 season before Andy Dalton got hurt.

Joe Mixon added nearly 1.5 yards per carry to his rushing average from 2017 and didn't fumble once across 280 touches. Gio Bernard has proven to be a useful change-of-pace back, although 2018 wasn't his best season. C.J. Uzomah emerged as a viable tight end behind Eifert and Tyler Kroft. If the Bengals ever could get anything consistent out of Eifert or Ross, this would be a top-10 unit.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a fair and accurate assessment to me. There’s a chance the offensive line play could derail the offense but well see. Ross and Eifert are the X factors to me. If Eifert could stay healthy or if Ross could play like anything resembling a 1st round pick this offense could be dangerous. Add in that we now have an offensive minded head coach.
Reply/Quote
What? No Drew Sample effect? Should move us to at least #3. (And I like Drew Sample a lot...just being a dick)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Giants, Bucs, and Cowboys are ranked way too high...

Packers, Bears, and Seattle are ranked too low...

Everything else looks about right. They did explain that they ranked WR talent very highly, thus the Brown's high ranking...and they have a hell of a back.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2019, 11:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Giants, Bucs, and Cowboys are ranked way too high...

Everything else looks about right. They did explain that they ranked WR talent very highly, thus the Brown's high ranking...and they have a hell of a back.

Giants seem WAY too high. Top 10? Other than Barkley I see absolutely no reason to believe they’ll be that good.

Reply/Quote
The line will end up screwing us all year long.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2019, 11:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Giants, Bucs, and Cowboys are ranked way too high...

Everything else looks about right.  They did explain that they ranked WR talent very highly, thus the Brown's high ranking...and they have a hell of a back.

I would add Browns WAY too high. Before we anoint them the new uber offense we need to see Mayfield when teams actually have film on him. When we saw that last year (us and the Rats) the results were bipolar - our defense by then was in implosion mode but the Rats made him look bad. 
Reply/Quote

Everything else looks about right.  They did explain that they ranked WR talent very highly, thus the Brown's high ranking...and they have a hell of a back.

Hunt? I suspect he will get suspended before his suspension is over.....
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2019, 01:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: I would add Browns WAY too high. Before we anoint them the new uber offense we need to see Mayfield when teams actually have film on him. When we saw that last year (us and the Rats) the results were bipolar - our defense by then was in implosion mode but the Rats made him look bad. 

The Browns added a top 5 WR, and a top 10 RB...it would be ridiculous if they weren’t ranked extremely high.

If we made those moves people would be planning the parade.

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2019, 02:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hunt? I suspect he will get suspended before his suspension is over.....

Chubb was the highest rated RB in the league last season.

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2019, 12:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Giants seem WAY too high. Top 10? Other than Barkley I see absolutely no reason to believe they’ll be that good.

Agree that the Giants are way too high.  They were 17th in offense last year ... before they traded their best (and only outside) receiver.  Barkley and Engram are studs, but that's it.  Their best two WRs are both slot guys, and their QB is a senior citizen on his way out.  

I don't love the Bucs either with Winston and no RBs, but they put up very good numbers last year, mostly through the air.  And Dallas looked like a different team after trading for Cooper.

If Mahomes can maintain his magic, I think it's KC and everyone else.  Rams will probably take a step back with Gurley limited.
Reply/Quote
I think that's good coming from the media. If we stay on pace as the first 5 games of 2018 they'll be top 10 (in scoring anyway).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The O-Line situation for the Bengals is somewhat depressing. If the Offense is in top 15 with this O-Line, I would be happy. Bengals need to fix the O-Line and backer position groups next year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2019, 04:28 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The O-Line situation for the Bengals is somewhat depressing.  If the Offense is in top 15 with this O-Line, I would be happy.  Bengals need to fix the O-Line and backer position groups next year.

Sadly, we've been saying that since they let Whit and Zietler go, and we're still saying it. I do believe the departure of Oggieboggie boy is an addition by subtraction and we did add depth this year. It's the starters on the outside that are still worrisome.

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2019, 02:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Chubb was the highest rated RB in the league last season.

More brilliant work by PFF I assume?

Saquon Barkley.....2028 yards from scrimmage...5.8 yds per touch....15 td....80 first downs....21 plays 20+yds....12 plays 40+ yds
Nick Chubb...……...1145 yards from scrimmage...5.4 yds per touch....10 td....52 first downs....13 plays 20+yds.... 4 plays 40+ yds
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2019, 06:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: More brilliant work by PFF I assume?

Saquon Barkley.....2028 yards from scrimmage...5.8 yds per touch....15 td....80 first downs....21 plays 20+yds....12 plays 40+ yds
Nick Chubb...……...1145 yards from scrimmage...5.4 yds per touch....10 td....52 first downs....13 plays 20+yds.... 4 plays 40+ yds

Well to be fair only one of them had Hue Jackson benching them half of the year, but I do agree. Chubb was far from the best RB last year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2019, 09:46 AM)shanebo Wrote: Ahead of both Steelers and Ravens, surprisingly ... but well behind the Browns (#3).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27154042/the-nfl-best-worst-offensive-arsenals-barnwell-32-1-ranking

13. Cincinnati Bengals
2018 rank: No. 16 | 2017: No. 6

The emergence of Tyler Boyd as an above-average second wideout behind A.J. Green helps push the Bengals up, even as it seems less likely we'll see much from former first-round picks Tyler Eifert and John Ross. Boyd, who was a healthy scratch at times in 2017, was on pace for a 98-1,240-10 season before Andy Dalton got hurt.

Joe Mixon added nearly 1.5 yards per carry to his rushing average from 2017 and didn't fumble once across 280 touches. Gio Bernard has proven to be a useful change-of-pace back, although 2018 wasn't his best season. C.J. Uzomah emerged as a viable tight end behind Eifert and Tyler Kroft. If the Bengals ever could get anything consistent out of Eifert or Ross, this would be a top-10 unit.

Sounds about right we have some good weapons some of the best but with Jonah out the OL holds us back even more than Eifert always hurt and Ross being inconsistent imo
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2019, 06:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: More brilliant work by PFF I assume?

You fail to mention Chubb only started 9 games, and had 69 less rushes...

I don’t happen to agree that he was the best RB in the league last year, but he’s a hell of a player. And I assume that’s who the article was talking about when they said Cleveland has a great RB.

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2019, 01:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: I would add Browns WAY too high. Before we anoint them the new uber offense we need to see Mayfield when teams actually have film on him. When we saw that last year (us and the Rats) the results were bipolar - our defense by then was in implosion mode but the Rats made him look bad. 

Add it up...they have a second year QB that set records in his rookie season.   They have an outstanding young back, a really good TE, and two of the best WRs in the league.  They are not rated too high.  They have that much talent.  Will they get everything out of that talent?  Will teams adjust and force Baker to his left?  Will Odell implode?  Those were not the questions of this survey.  It was simply the on-paper talent and they are loaded on offense.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2019, 10:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You fail to mention Chubb only started 9 games, and had 69 less rushes...

I don’t happen to agree that he was the best RB in the league last year, but he’s a hell of a player. And I assume that’s who the article was talking about when they said Cleveland has a great RB.

Actually i agree that chubb is a vey good back. When he took over for an injured gurley at georgia he actually put up better numbers.

But it is silly to say he is the #1 back in the league.
Reply/Quote