Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Offense vs. Broncos Offense
For those that don't know, the Broncos 3 QB's were all put on the Covid list this week, and they were forced to play a WR at QB. (Kendall Hilton)

Fwiw, the WR, Hilton, actually played some backup QB in college at Wake Forrest before converting to a WR. His last college start was in 2017, and he only started 1 game that year. In 2018 he converted to WR.

Kendall Hilton has spent zero time in the QB room this year, zero time throwing to receivers, and zero time learning the playbook from that perspective. He was thrown to the wolves about 24-48 hours before kickoff when the Broncos were forced to make a decision.

Here's how our offense compared to their offense (with a WR playing QB)...

Bengals - 155 yards of total offense against the #9 best defense in yards per game.

Broncos - 112 yards of total offense against the #1 best defense in yards per game.

Not to far off in total yardage, and they played the #1 D in the league. Does anyone else find this incredibly concerning?

Zac Taylor is supposed to be an offensive genius, and QB guru. Yet he's getting similar production out of actual NFL QB's as another team who was forced to name a WR their starting QB 24 hours before kickoff.

What exactly has Taylor been working on all year? What exactly was he working on this week, in drawing up a gameplan for Allen?

Zac Taylor is an absolute clown of a coach. How much proof do some of you need?
Reply/Quote
Zac isnt a offensive guru. Thats like saying Stephen Hawking
Was a world class gymnist.
Reply/Quote
Not really.... It's expected at this point... Zack isn't gonna miraculously turn it around and be Belicheck JR all of the sudden. He's toxic and garbage. He needs to go asap before the team misses its window with Burrow. 1 more year of this type of destruction could ruin them for 3-5 years.. He really needs to go by the end of the year, and some kind of coach with a Winning resume somewhere needs to be brought in... No more project coaches..
Reply/Quote
Nothing in past said he was an Offensive guru.

QB guru tho yes. Supposedly so.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 04:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: Nothing in past said he was an Offensive guru.

QB guru tho yes. Supposedly so.

Does make you wonder if he's really a QB guru if the only QBs who play even decently are those drafted in the 1st round.
I would expect a "guru" can turn water into wine, so to speak.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Sack Taylor.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Sack Taylor is no QB guru, and is no Offensive guru.
Reply/Quote
Just to be clear, I'm not saying he's an offensive guru, or a QB guru. I'm using this thread to point out that he's furthest thing from either. But this is what we were sold when he was hired.

If the guy is a guru at anything it's losing NFL games. He's one of the best of all time in that department.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 04:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Does make you wonder if he's really a QB guru if the only QBs who play even decently are those drafted in the 1st round.
I would expect a "guru" can turn water into wine, so to speak.

True.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If your offense comes to a screeching halt because of just the QB being out, it tells me that that particular player is the key to making the whole thing work.

And if you depend that heavily on a single player, you need to do everything in your power to keep that player healthy and productive. Which means better protection and receivers who can get better separation. The former is a bigger priority though, as we've seen that the receivers can eventually separate if Burrow can extend the play by scrambling.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Sounds like when we brought marvin in and expected solid play from linebackers, since that had been his area before baltimore, which had outstanding lbs when he was there.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor is a joke of an NFL HC. That's all there is to it.
Reply/Quote
Taylor's offense was Joe Burrow. I dont expect the O to do much the rest of the year.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 05:16 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Just to be clear, I'm not saying he's an offensive guru, or a QB guru.  I'm using this thread to point out that he's furthest thing from either.  But this is what we were sold when he was hired.

If the guy is a guru at anything it's losing NFL games.  He's one of the best of all time in that department.

That may have been what people were being sold, but I have no sympathy for anyone who was buying it.  Not only did he lack anything that indicated he was an offensive guru, his most prominent accomplishment showed that he likely was not. 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 07:46 PM)MickMack Wrote: That may have been what people were being sold, but I have no sympathy for anyone who was buying it.  Not only did he lack anything that indicated he was an offensive guru, his most prominent accomplishment showed that he likely was not. 

If Zac was Katie's first hire as "controlling voice", she's got nowhere to go but up from here..

How many shitty hires did Mike have, before lucking into Marvin?  Hope that her learning curve is better than her old man's.  Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 08:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If Zac was Katie's first hire as "controlling voice", she's got nowhere to go but up from here..

How many shitty hires did Mike have, before lucking into Marvin?  Hope that her learning curve is better than her old man's.  Mellow

If it's like father, like daughter we're in for a looooong road.  For the record I'm pretty sure it is.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 08:45 PM)MickMack Wrote: If it's like father, like daughter we're in for a looooong road.  For the record I'm pretty sure it is.

According to Science, sometimes genetics skips a generation.  Let's just hope that is the case here.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 04:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: For those that don't know, the Broncos 3 QB's were all put on the Covid list this week, and they were forced to play a WR at QB. (Kendall Hilton)

Fwiw, the WR, Hilton, actually played some backup QB in college at Wake Forrest before converting to a WR. His last college start was in 2017, and he only started 1 game that year. In 2018 he converted to WR.

Kendall Hilton has spent zero time in the QB room this year, zero time throwing to receivers, and zero time learning the playbook from that perspective. He was thrown to the wolves about 24-48 hours before kickoff when the Broncos were forced to make a decision.

Here's how our offense compared to their offense (with a WR playing QB)...

Bengals - 155 yards of total offense against the #9 best defense in yards per game.

Broncos - 112 yards of total offense against the #1 best defense in yards per game.

Not to far off in total yardage, and they played the #1 D in the league. Does anyone else find this incredibly concerning?

Zac Taylor is supposed to be an offensive genius, and QB guru. Yet he's getting similar production out of actual NFL QB's as another team who was forced to name a WR their starting QB 24 hours before kickoff.

What exactly has Taylor been working on all year? What exactly was he working on this week, in drawing up a gameplan for Allen?

Zac Taylor is an absolute clown of a coach. How much proof do some of you need?

Burrow’s injury is showing just how inept Taylor is.
Reply/Quote