Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Offensive and Defensive Balance
Solid find
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 10:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: :hail: :hail: XENOMORPH PROVES FREDTOAST WRONG!!!!!!!! :hail: :hail:

Had to Happen one day...
Reply/Quote
To be fair, that game felt like a loss.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 04:51 PM)Earendil Wrote: So, I had a little free time today and looked at some stats on NFL.com for the Top 4 Offenses and Defenses (in points per game). When you look at the teams that the top 4 have played, the results are rather interesting.

Top 4 Offenses:

Arizona: Played 4 defenses in the top half of the league.
   New England: Played 5 defenses in the top half of the league.
   Carolina: Played 3 defenses in the top half of the league.
   Cincinnati: Played 7 defenses in the top half of the league

Top 4 Defenses:

Cincinnati: Played 7 offenses in the top half of the league.
   Minnesota: Played 4 offenses in the top half of the league.
   Carolina: Played 3 offenses in the top half of the league.
   Denver: Played 6 offenses in the top half of the league.

Not only are the Bengals in the Top 4 offensively and defensively (in points per game), but they have done it against higher quality opponents than the other teams.

Man, sometimes i am not a stat guy but this is definately telling in terms of difficulty of the teams we have played.

Thanks for this Earendil. That is some cool stuff right there. Cool
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 01:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, sometimes i am not a stat guy but this is definately telling in terms of difficulty of the teams we have played.

Thanks for this Earendil. That is some cool stuff right there. Cool

You're quite welcome.  I waffle back and forth between being a stat guy and not.  It usually depends on how much time I have.
Reply/Quote
Bengals and cardinals are probably the most balanced in the NFL. But the panthers are surprisingly balanced as well. Although I don't buy their passing game.

Cardinals/Panthers should be a good match. Will come down to whether the cards can force Cam to have to throw it around. Patrick Peterson will be wasted playing Carolina.

New England lost to Denver because the Broncos were balanced
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 03:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: New England lost to Denver because the Broncos were balanced

This is true, and it was perhaps out of necessity.  They leaned on their running game to help protect Osweiler, but it is really just a good game plan.  

The Bengals were very balanced against the Rams.  I hope this continues through the playoffs.  
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 04:51 PM)Earendil Wrote: So, I had a little free time today and looked at some stats on NFL.com for the Top 4 Offenses and Defenses (in points per game). When you look at the teams that the top 4 have played, the results are rather interesting.

Top 4 Offenses:

Arizona: Played 4 defenses in the top half of the league.
   New England: Played 5 defenses in the top half of the league.
   Carolina: Played 3 defenses in the top half of the league.
   Cincinnati: Played 7 defenses in the top half of the league

Top 4 Defenses:

Cincinnati: Played 7 offenses in the top half of the league.
   Minnesota: Played 4 offenses in the top half of the league.
   Carolina: Played 3 offenses in the top half of the league.
   Denver: Played 6 offenses in the top half of the league.

Not only are the Bengals in the Top 4 offensively and defensively (in points per game), but they have done it against higher quality opponents than the other teams.
WOW! Very impressive - Thanks. Tell the coaches and players not to let down against the Brown things. Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 01:52 PM)Earendil Wrote: You're quite welcome.  I waffle back and forth between being a stat guy and not.  It usually depends on how much time I have.

There are plenty of stat guys on here to do the job for you lol
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 03:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Bengals and cardinals are probably the most balanced in the NFL.   But the panthers are surprisingly balanced as well.   Although I don't buy their passing game.    

Cardinals/Panthers should be a good match.   Will come down to whether the cards can force Cam to have to throw it around.    Patrick Peterson will be wasted playing Carolina.

New England lost to Denver because the Broncos were balanced

I think the Cards could get after Cam and stop their run game but Carson and company might have a hard time
passing and running on the Panthers Defense. Would probably be a good low scoring game that the Cardinals
would eventually win cause they are overall and more balanced team IMHO.

The Panthers Defense is probably better than the Cards but the Cardinals Offense is way better than the Panthers
and overall i would say the Cards are just a little more balanced.

One of these teams will probably be the one we face in the SB. Probably the Cards for a nice revenge game.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 01:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think the Cards could get after Cam and stop their run game but Carson and company might have a hard time
passing and running on the Panthers Defense. Would probably be a good low scoring game that the Cardinals
would eventually win cause they are overall and more balanced team IMHO.

The Panthers Defense is probably better than the Cards but the Cardinals Offense is way better than the Panthers
and overall i would say the Cards are just a little more balanced.

One of these teams will probably be the one we face in the SB. Probably the Cards for a nice revenge game.

Cards just lost a big chunk of their running game with CJ2K (remember that name?  been quite a while) out injured.  I think Palmer would be in real trouble against that front 7.  

The NFC could still end up being represented by the Seahawks.  
Reply/Quote