Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals On The Clock (Nominations)
(03-24-2017, 05:38 PM)dr1441 Wrote: I would highly argue that Williams is BPA if this is how the board plays out. Adams should be top 5 on almost all boards. 

Adams is a strong safety and would not even be considered by the bengals. 
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 06:44 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Adams is a strong safety and would not even be considered by the bengals. 

That has nothing to do with bpa.  Williams is clearly not the bpa.  Team need is different from bpa.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 06:50 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: That has nothing to do with bpa.  Williams is clearly not the bpa.  Team need is different from bpa.
Williams is clearly bpa. Adams is not even the best safety. He honestly should not even be a top 10 pick. I see 20-25 when i watch tape i dont see whats so special about him. But williams dominated 3 firat round corners in his last 2 games
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 06:58 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Williams is clearly bpa. Adams is not even the best safety. He honestly should not even be a top 10 pick. I see 20-25 when i watch tape i dont see whats so special about him. But williams dominated 3 firat round corners in his last 2 games

I would like you to find one credible site that has Williams listed as a better overall prospect than Adams. Clemson based and Williams family hosted sites not withstanding, I doubt you will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 06:58 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Williams is clearly bpa. Adams is not even the best safety. He honestly should not even be a top 10 pick. I see 20-25 when i watch tape i dont see whats so special about him. But williams dominated 3 firat round corners in his last 2 games

No, he's not lol. He's not even clearly the best WR in this draft.

And Adams should easily be a top 10 pick. Why isn't he the best safety? Who's better? Hooker who started one season? Or Peppers?

Jamal Adams was viewed as a 1st rounder last year as well. And don't get me wrong, I like Hooker, but he isn't exactly the greatest either. One year boom player who takes bad angles and seems to guess more than read. Hooker is still learning.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 06:58 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Williams is clearly bpa. Adams is not even the best safety. He honestly should not even be a top 10 pick. I see 20-25 when i watch tape i dont see whats so special about him. But williarms dominated 3 firat round corners in his last 2 games

How much higher would you rate Adams if he went to OSU? I also get the feeling that you are downplaying Adams in an effort hype up Hooker.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 09:07 PM)blt4584 Wrote: How much higher would you rate Adams if he went to OSU? I also get the feeling that you are downplaying Adams in an effort hype up Hooker.

Hooker has a higher upside and is clearly better. When u get compared to ed reed and eric berry..... Adams i watched almost every lsu game and came away unimpressed.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 09:12 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Hooker has a higher upside and is clearly better. When u get compared to ed reed and eric berry..... Adams i watched almost every lsu game and came away unimpressed.

Adams also has much more experience, has been very successful in different schemes, shows much quicker reaction times and actually helps in the run game. 

Hooker had a great year and I think both of them are studs, but I didn't see the instincts that Reed and Berry displayed. Adams has shown more of that.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 09:53 PM)blt4584 Wrote: Adams also has much more experience, has been very successful in different schemes, shows much quicker reaction times and actually helps in the run game. 

Hooker had a great year and I think both of them are studs, but I didn't see the instincts that Reed and Berry displayed. Adams has shown more of that.
right. In adams u know what youre getting. A 10 year solid starter maybe 2-3 time pro bowler. In hooker the floor is a bust his floor is that low, but his ceiling is insanely high could be a 4-5 time all pro. Thats the difference. U wanna go for the solid starter or the boom or bust player.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 09:12 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Hooker has a higher upside and is clearly better. When u get compared to ed reed and eric berry..... Adams i watched almost every lsu game and came away unimpressed.

Then you didn't watch that many games.

And no, Hooker isn't clearly better. In what ways is Hooker better exactly?

And I've seen the Ed Reed comparisons.

And I've seen numerous reports saying they could see him struggling big time early on in his career.

Hooker is a boom-bust player.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 06:44 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Adams is a strong safety and would not even be considered by the bengals. 

Much like you telling me John Ross will be a 2nd round pick, you're not exactly the most reliable when it comes to these kinda things. I'll keep my own opinions.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 10:05 AM)dr1441 Wrote: Much like you telling me John Ross will be a 2nd round pick, you're not exactly the most reliable when it comes to these kinda things. I'll keep my own opinions.  ThumbsUp

this was before all the hype on him i told u that.hes a first rounder for now. But there is no way in hell we pay 5 million per year for a backup safety. Kinda like malaluga kept starting bc we werent gonna pay that money for a backup lb same thing.
Reply/Quote
CBS has the following:

Adams-5
Hooker- 6
Williams- 21
Barnett-8

Scouts Inc. has the following:

Adams- 3
Hooker- 7
Williams 14
Barnett- 18

NFL.com has the following

Adams-6
Hooker-5
Williams-15
Barnett-19

SI has the following:

Adams- 4
Hooker- 12
Williams-17
Barnett- 18

The average ranking for the 4 sites is:
Adams: 4.5
Hooker: 7.5
Williams: 16.75
Barnett: 15.75

CBS skews Barnett quite a bit; however the consensus is Adams is BPA in this situation and it's not really close. He's even better that the Safety that went before him 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 05:24 PM)Jpoore Wrote: this was before all the hype on him i told u that.hes a first rounder for now. But there is no way in hell we pay 5 million per year for a backup safety. Kinda like malaluga kept starting bc we werent gonna pay that money for a backup lb same thing.

Oh you mean all the hype, like a combine and the workouts? I get it though, you swung, miss and now have moved onto Adams to be wrong about.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 09:20 AM)dr1441 Wrote: Oh you mean all the hype, like a combine and the workouts? I get it though, you swung, miss and now have moved onto Adams to be wrong about.  ThumbsUp

yeah. Ur telling me he was a top 15 pick just off his game tape? Bc he wasnt. It wasnt till the combine and workouts that he became a top 15 pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 09:48 PM)Jpoore Wrote: yeah. Ur telling me he was a top 15 pick just off his game tape? Bc he wasnt. It wasnt till the combine and workouts that he became a top 15 pick.

If you're talking about Ross, the game tape has 17 TD's on it for the past season.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 09:48 PM)Jpoore Wrote: yeah. Ur telling me he was a top 15 pick just off his game tape? Bc he wasnt. It wasnt till the combine and workouts that he became a top 15 pick.

Oh so when I said "by the combine, he will be a top 15 pick" way way way before the combined happened, I was just shooting a wild shot in the dark? 

Man, you gotta be a little kid or something. Theres no way guys can continually be wrong and still fight tooth and nail that they are right, even when being proved wrong. 
Reply/Quote
Considering the Bengals like to have "interchangeable" safeties, if Adams is on the board at #9, the Bengals are definitely going to consider him. He's damn near a consensus top 5 guy.
Reply/Quote