Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals On The Clock RD 2 (The Vote)
You can vote for 1 or 2

PAT ELFLIEN/ OL 6’3” 303

[Image: 0ap3000000797897_video_rhr_210.jpg]
Finisher looking to make a statement at the end of the play. Has mental part down. Recognizes twisting defensive tackles and greets them with aggressiveness. Hand placement is excellent. Strikes with upward blows squarely into the strike zone as run blocker. Pass-pro punch is compact with some heat behind it. Can anchor against bull rush. Winning history on high-caliber team. Versatile; proficient and successful at both center and guard.

ZAY JONES/ WR 6’2” 201

[Image: AP_17063613006588-670x401.jpg]
Shows a willingness to run head-first into traffic and make the tough catch when hit is imminent. Can win all day when it comes to finishing catches at the high point. Extremely driven to succeed. Plays with good focus and footwork on catches near the sideline. Has experience working from outside and the slot. Returned kicks as a junior. Has posted impressive numbers in Pirates' strength-and-conditioning program.

BUDDA BAKER/ S 5’10” 195

[Image: th?id=OIP.m8936bZ50WU6VqJbGFXOAAEYDS&pid...=250&h=188]
Tremendously explosive and passionate in his play. Former high school track sprinter with good play speed. Screams off the edge as a blitzer. Always bouncing on balls of his feet just waiting to race to the action on a dead sprint. Plays with smooth backpedal and diagonal shuffle. Has a shiftiness that allows him to mirror change of direction in space. Plus instincts from any coverage areas. Allows quarterback's eyes and pattern recognition to carry him around the field.

CALEB BRANTLEY/DT 6’3” 307

[Image: th?id=OIP.PWNrT2DFRJNXRbWUp7zxsgEsDQ&pid...=235&h=164]
Compact frame with lean muscle mass and thickness in his arms and legs. Has tremendous play strength and can dislodge guards with hip torque. Plays hungry and with passion. Able to plant his flag and stand his ground against double teams. When he gets the snap timed up, it's over. Has the initial quickness and play strength to get into the gap and plow through any and all redirect block attempts. Wants blocker to feel the power in his initial punch.

ADAM SHAHEEN 6’7” 278

[Image: streambe_465da221-4f6f-3a83-9f18-c5c229e...68444.jpeg]
Enormous frame for a tight end. Powerfully built, well-proportioned frame. Has good sink into breaks and can make sharp cuts coming out. Has foot quickness for clever stutter-and-go double moves to uncover against linebackers. Above average speed and acceleration for his size. Creates leverage points against man coverage before breaking his routes off and pulling away. Trusted in pass protection.

TYUS BOWSER/ LB 6’3” 247

[Image: 0ap3000000796788_video_rhr_210.jpg]
Explosive, quick-twitch athlete. Bursts out of his stance and challenges the edge. Good shoulder turn at the edge of rush and can dip and corner with very tight radius. Crisp change of direction ability. Took to his coaching and showed drastic improvement against the run this year. Played two years of college basketball at Houston which shows up with his footwork and fluidity when dropping into space. Has ability to pattern match tight ends.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would go DT here. Brantley. Funny how this could work out. After years of ignoring the dline with early picks, we could get a DE and DT one/two

I still think we need to look for a tackle, not an option. Kind of scary thinking Fish and Og are it with not much of a back up plan. Fair to wonder if there is value there though.
Reply/Quote
Glad I can vote for 2, because it's a coin flip between Baker and Elflien...with Brantley in 3rd.

If used properly, Baker is the best player. Let him roam in coverage vs players that aren't huge and he makes plays. No matter if you "move" Williams to NLB, slide Baker to smaller slot guys or rotate more you'll have a weapon out there in Baker.

Elflein could start at center but idk if Cincy I'd ready to give up on Bodine or gets enough upside here. They value versatility but they'd have to be in love with him at this spot. Not the best reasoning, but this could be the best short term pick for stability to the unit that scares most if us. Lots of options, if Westerman shines and Ced doesn't improve they can play Fisher at LT and maybe Andre holds up at RT. If Ced holds up, Andre may still play at RT. Whatever happens center is no longer an issue.

Better player or better fix? I take Baker over Elflien.
Reply/Quote
Anybody think brantley free falls due to his assault with a woman?
Reply/Quote
I would love to have Elflein here.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2017, 10:41 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Anybody think brantley free falls due to his assault with a woman?

Doubt it. Sounds kind of like the Mixon ordeal. As in he was assaulted by the female first.

Could be a video that pops up around the draft of him decking a girl that could do some damage though.
Reply/Quote
Gotta go Elflein/Bowser or Bowser/Elflein. Had both of them in my mock. Either would be a great pick. Can't we trade up or down and get two picks in the 2d? We need them.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Elflien, Shaheen, and Brantley - any of which would be fine with me, with Elflien maybe a slight edge over the other two.

Elflien would be a good step towards upgrading our offensive line, something I'd be more active in pursuing if I was in charge. I have little idea of where Bodine is regarding his ceiling, but I suspect Elflien's is much higher. Too bad there aren't tackles of the same quality from which to choose. I'd be interested in them if there were before looking at other positions..

We seem to be cursed at the tight end position, which (comically) makes me hesitant to show any interest there at all, out of fear for causing the next new TE to be injured once he becomes a Bengal. WTS, Shaheen looks like a star waiting to be discovered. An upgrade over Kroft and Uzomah imo.

Brantley is another potential future star in the league it seems, and putting him into the mix would almost ensure a dominant Bengals D line for many years to come. I only know that he has some off-field issues, but no details beyond that. Something to ferret out and resolve to be sure.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Elflien if you promise he gets to start.
Reply/Quote
Why no Curtis Samuel?
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2017, 09:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Why no Curtis Samuel?

Because we had a nomination thread and Zay was the most nominated receiver.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2017, 01:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because we had a nomination thread and Zay was the most nominated receiver.

We are all fired as scouts, then... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
What a conundrum. I think zay may be the best wr left on the board, but lots left behind him. Same with shaheen. His selection would speak volumes about eifert and how they view him. This seems a tad early for elflein. Other guards and centers later. The value feels right for the defensive players. Not sure we need a safety here. Or a lb. or a dt. I would feel better about the bowser pick had we gone elsewhere at 1.

Where's the all the above button?
Reply/Quote
I went with Eiflein and Baker. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 01:01 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I went with Eiflein and Baker. 

Same.

I'm a big fan of Baker. Great as a coverage guy, doesn't bite on fakes, speed, and good ball skills.

I'd be happy with either guy in all honesty. Both are upgrades
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Baker and bowser get my votes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote