No Trade
56.52%
13 56.52%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals On The Clock (The decision)
Now that the results of the selection poll are complete and we have a couple realistic offers we will make the decision:

A. Browns trade #12 and #65 to the Bengals for #9 and #73 
B. Colts trade #15 and 80, to the Bengals for #9
C. Giants trade #23 and #55 to the Bengals for #9
D. Bengals stand pat and select Derek Barnett.

Vote for your fav and explain your reasoning. We’ll keep this open for two days and then move on.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would stay put and draft Barnett. Of the three options, I think the Colts trade is the best choice if forced to decide among the three.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 05:55 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I would stay put and draft Barnett.  Of the three options, I think the Colts trade is the best choice if forced to decide among the three.

Agree with this 100%. Staying put and taking Barnett is the right decision if these are the options. The colts trade is the best of the 3 trades. I wouldn't even consider the other trades. Moving down 3 spots in the top 15 just to move up 8 spots later isn't worth losing the players we could take and would potentially help Cleveland so why risk it? 

And moving down to the 20's is too far, we need an impact player in the first not another 1st rounder to sit for 3 years
Reply/Quote
I would take the colts trade. Still getting somebody pretty good at 15. At 80 there is still a lot of talent.

4 picks in the top 80 bring in high quality players. And then 8 picks in the last 4 rounds to move around and get our targets.
Reply/Quote
I went with the Colts trade. Barnett is maybe the 7th best fit on my board. There's 3 consensus Top 10 guys left in Adams, Howard, and Foster, plus you figure Kizer will go to the Browns at 12 at latest. There's a good chance Barnett or Charlton falls to 15, and if they don't, there's a good chance Adams, Howard, or Foster falls to 15, and if that doesn't happen, then you're guaranteed a choice between Reddick or whoever your top WR is. Plus, you can package one of your thirds with some comp picks to move back into the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
According to the trade value chart we come up short on all these deals. If I did the math right the Cleveland deal is the closest, then colts, then the Giants. I wouldn't take the Giants deal anyway. I feel teams trading up should be the ones "overpaying" to get their guy. If the team likes Barnett I say screw them.
Reply/Quote
None of the above. I need to package McCarron into one of these deals to get more picks and higher pickers.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 05:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now that the results of the selection poll are complete and we have a couple realistic offers we will make the decision:

Vote for your fav and explain your reasoning.
I don't like any of the top 3 choices....imo, terrible deals for the bengals....
I think Barnette is going off the board #8 to the panthers...but if he's there...fine...draft him...the DE position has to be fixed EARLY....& he would start day 1....
Reply/Quote
Trade offers don't seem to be on par with point values. I went no trade and put MJ on the bench.

As badly as I think this team needs a vertical threat on the offense, a pass-rushing force from the right side is the missing piece of this defense and our second biggest opportunity to improve this team. Maybe in this scenario they could get Curtis Samuel in Rd 2?

Regardless, I would be pretty excited to see a front four of:

Dunlap-Geno-Billings-Barnett paired with better, quicker LBs that can cover out of the backfield.
Reply/Quote
Stay and take Barnett. Arguably the best pass rusher in the draft which is what we need. Don't see him getting past the Saints at #11 if we don't take him at #9 so no reason to make any of those other trades. Upgrade a weakness with a great talent and instant impact potential player. That is what the first few rounds of the draft MUST do for the Bengals this year.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Trade to Indy.

I'm not convinced that Barnett is all that.   He might be, but we'd be getting a VERY good player at 15 - offensive or defensive.  Possibly Charlton or McDowell - both very good defensive talents - one of the good linebackers, wide receivers or defensive backs.   A really good player.  It would allow us to load up in the 2nd and 3rd round - possibly a great running back, center or additional defensive talent.   There will be some good players available between 73 and 80.

I don't think anyone's going to make that offer though.
Reply/Quote
I say trade back. I'm not sure about Barnett. There seems to be quite a few cons to his game to be a top ten pick. I know pass rushing is at a premium, but I'm just not sold on him. If they take him, I'm not going to kill it, but I feel like this team is more than a pass rusher away and that Barnett is not elite to justify it.
Reply/Quote
I voted D because I don't see any of those trades offering the kind of value Mikey will want.

Reply/Quote
Barnett. Everyone knows I'm pushing hard for him so that's not really a surprise.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Those trade options are horrendous. Jeez.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 05:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now that the results of the selection poll are complete and we have a couple realistic offers we will make the decision:

Vote for your fav and explain your reasoning. We’ll keep this open for two days and then move on.

trade 9 for 12 and 33 then it's a deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 07:59 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Barnett. Everyone knows I'm pushing hard for him so that's not really a surprise.

He's not a top ten talent, is he?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote