Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's first Mock....
Hey guys, this is my first Mock of 2017. Hope you like it.

I always include FA as it influences the draft...

Free Agency: Kirkpatrick, Lafell, Winston, Peerman, Gilberry

Outside FA's: Andre Smith RG, Kevin Minter LB

Let Maualuga go.

1st round - Derek Barnett DE Tennessee - We get the pass rusher opposite Dunlap this Defense so desperately needs.
Barnett falls due to only one year of production and blew up mostly against inferior O-lineman, nevertheless would fit
exactly what we need and is a great talent.

2nd round - Pat Elflein C Ohio State - Would instantly solidify our Offensive line, let Bodine compete at Guard or cut
the dude, he is just not a good Center, but might be an okay backup you never know.

3rd round - Raekwon McMillan LB Ohio State - I know we usually don't draft OSU guys but these two fit what we
need and McMillan is too much of a talent to pass up here. With Spence and McMillan our LB core goes from sad to
looking beautiful once again and athletic.

3rd round (AJM trade) - Taylor Moton OT Western Michigan - Future, raw talented Tackle to take over for Whit.

4th round - Nazair Jones DT North Carolina - Need another DT in case Billings needs some time to heal and get to
where he could be. This guy is talented and now our D-line looks scary.

4th round - Corn Elder CB Miami - Talented Corner that adds to our depth with Kirkpatrick leaving.

5th round - Michael Roberts TE Toledo - Tons of TD's last year, i believe led the nation. Red zone threat in case
Eifert is never the same and if he is...what a duo!

5th round - Joe Williams RB Utah - This dude has had his problems with his sister dying and his retiring in his
senior year. This is why he falls, otherwise this is an electric RB that takes over games with his incredible mix of
athleticism, balance, burst and overall playmaking ability.

6th round - Keevan Lucas WR Tulsa - Major talent in the late rounds, speedster.

6th round - K.D. Cannon WR Baylor - Size and speed, one of these guys should pan out for us along with Core
cause we are going to need deep threats besides Green.

7th round - De'Veon Smith RB Michigan - Another talented RB and with our situation before the draft we are in a
much better place in the running game. I have about gave up on Hill, Gio is coming off a bad year and injury etc.

7th round - Ben Braden G Michigan - More competition at Guard.
Reply/Quote
I like it for the most part. Barnett would have me pretty excited.

Moton has only played RT. So highly unlikely he ends up being a Whit replacement. But I wouldn't mind if he locked down the right side and Fisher and Ogbuehi battled for LT.

If we resign Lafell I don't think we have room for 2 receivers on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 11:02 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I like it for the most part. Barnett would have me pretty excited.

Moton has only played RT. So highly unlikely he ends up being a Whit replacement. But I wouldn't mind if he locked down the right side and Fisher and Ogbuehi battled for LT.

If we resign Lafell I don't think we have room for 2 receivers on the roster.

Cool Nati. That is true about Moton, either way he has some talent. Fisher i actually have some hope for.

We need speed badly in our WR corps outside of Green and Core. Erickson has a bit of course but he is not a true
deep threat. I always liked Cannon, and Lucas has speed that Wright and even Lafell don't. I bring back Lafell cuz
he did well in his first year in our system and he runs good routes but honestly i am expecting Core to take over
that spot soon with his deep speed.

That is if Dalton has enough time to get the ball deep which is a major question mark. With this FA and draft he
would though i think.
Reply/Quote
I love Corn Elder. He could be the best corner in this class he's just small. He was a shut down defender in the ACC though. Could be a good one.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 02:03 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: I love Corn Elder. He could be the best corner in this class he's just small. He was a shut down defender in the ACC though. Could be a good one.

Yeah, kind of like Vernette.
Reply/Quote
Just changed my FA to what really happened. This still seems pretty realistic actually to me...
Reply/Quote
I am not on the Barnett bandwagon I just don't think he's worthy number 9 but I love the rest
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2017, 03:33 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am not on the Barnett bandwagon I just don't think he's worthy number 9 but I love the rest

Cool, i kind of understand cause he is not a run stopper yet and is not the most physical End.

But he is a fine pass rusher with good hands that i think could do great here opposite Dunlap.

Jordan Willis is the End that is really rising up my boards and we might be able to nab him in the 2nd...
Reply/Quote