Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Optics
(09-13-2019, 03:09 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: All I know is they have an owner invoived with sextrafficking/prostitution A starting safety charged with posession of cocaine and a player whose failed more drug tests than Bengals have playoff games before even mentioning AB all active on Sunday way to win with integrity Pats. Imagine if all that happened here?Media would be in a frenzy with the pitchforks out

You forgot Aaron Hernandez.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 05:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No one is allowed to say that?  That's funny, I could have sworn I've heard this argument before...

I'm just saying it's not proper for the media or people in powerful position to question the victims in these cases.

Regardless of how suspect their stories are (continuing to return for a 2 year span to someone who supposedly has/is sexually assaulted you, while going for a payday before criminal justice for an supposed rapist).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 06:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm just saying it's not proper for the media or people in powerful position to question the victims in these cases.

The Patriots clearly don't think AB is a serial rapist, don't they count as powerful? I realize Robert Kraft isn't likely to hold a press conference and say "I think this accuser is in it for the money and her story is a bunch of crap" but you know what I mean.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 06:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Patriots clearly don't think AB is a serial rapist, don't they count as powerful?  I realize Robert Kraft isn't likely to hold a press conference and say "I think this accuser is in it for the money and her story is a bunch of crap" but you know what I mean.

I agree, their actions speak volumes to their belief. But they can't say why without coming across insensitive. Which is why I said "no one was allowed to say it", because no one in a powerful position can say this girls story is suspect.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Fred is just trying to look at things from both angles because that's what attorneys do. So, I'm going to throw 2 conspiracy theories in here to either get you wondering, or flat out disregarding it as hogwash, which it truly may be? So here goes:

Antonio is an ass and I feel he believes he can do whatever he wants. My angle is that he did not rape the girl, but hired the girl to accuse him for it because there may actually be one case out there that he fears but after a first accusation and found not guilty or proven as baiting, the next one would appear that was as well. That's just one angle, but here's another.

Let's say he didn't do it, and again he hired her to falsely accuse him of this charge? Hear me out, He wanted out of Pittsburgh, then went to Oakland. Knowing that Oakland wasn't going to be the contender to get him a ring, he got cold feet (yeah, for real) and became a distraction without even really being part of the organization (missed several practices Leveon Bell style) then Patriots state they would pick him up if he was a FA so he get's in a tiff with the GM by making a racial statement (definitely going to get you released). Patriots grab him within, what was it, 2-3 days? Sounds like collusion there to me. But anyway, he hires this girl to accuse him (she wasnt asking for much, just in case he was to somehow have to defend himself, like $750,000) in hopes the NFL starts an investigation. If that happens, he still get's a paycheck but just can't play. So, he get's paid to throw sofa's out of his condo and get wasted every night? Yeah, seems like a loser who might be capable.

The reason I think he didn't do it is because of the amount of cash the victim is seeking. $750,000 is not an amount to make him pay for his crime. If it happened and this lady was seriously hurt by it? She would be going for all of it.

Then there's the possibility all this happened as she said? Either way, the NFL needs to investigate this if the court fails to. It's bad for the game if they don't and this girl commits suicide or AB is later brought to charges with evidence.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 01:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the headlines would be typical bengals… 

but its okay for the patriots.

Between Patrick Chung's felony cocaine charge, and Robert "Rub 'n' Tug" Kraft, AB fits right in with the Pats. 
Reply/Quote
The biggest problem this girl has isthat she never went to the police. Still hasn't. So instead of trying to protect other women from a potential rapist she is willing to take cash to go away.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think these should be handled on a case-by-case basis.  I don't expect the NFL to be able to fully investigate every detail of ever case, but they should have the discretion to keep someone from playing if there is strong evidence of wrong doing.

I think that is the way most businesses would handle it.  If the police catch a guy beating hell out of his girlfriend he should not be able to play pending his court date.  But in cases like this one with Brown I'd probably let him play.

I don't know how much the NFL can find out, but I think they should investigate as much as possible before making a decision.
I would much rather see law enforcement and police services investigate than the NFL since the NFL has obvious bias towards profit and keeping things hush hush.
As for him playing..I really don't care if the league pulled him until the investigation concludes. In fact they probably ought to keep anyone off the field that's under investigation by the law in these kinds of cases if for no other reason than to protect their own brand. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 01:46 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Bengal or not I think AB should be allowed to play. Telling players they cant work and earn their paycheck because of mere allegations is a dangerous path to start going down. I didnt agree with the Zeke suspension as well.

If the commissioner put him on the exempt list, he still gets paid but can't play.  The problem here is the accuser won't meet with NFL officials until after this weekend because of her wedding.  The timing does seem odd, and like the case of Zeke, when the NFL officials met with the accuser they found her to be very uncredible.  

If you haven't seen the copies of the texts (or DM), though, I can tell you it is pretty disturbing.  Brown basically admitted to something pretty lewd, and although that wasn't rape it is clearly sexual assault.  But, hey, he saw Piggy get away with is in pitt so why would he get in trouble? 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 11:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The biggest problem this girl has isthat she never went to the police.  Still hasn't.  So instead of trying to protect other women from a potential rapist she is willing to take cash to go away.

Fred, you are an attorney so help us out.

Is it possible her attorney advised her to not go the police because she has no credible evidence, told her she has a 10% or low chance to get a conviction. So suggested she go right to a civil trial where the burden of proof is a lot less than a court of law. 

What good would gong to the police do if it is a he said she said accusation? It would hard to get a prosecutor to take it to trial I would think because only 1 jury needed to have a shadow of a doubt and case lost.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I always have a problem with rape allegations being automatically deemed money grabs being I know many women, my sister first and foremost who was raped and forced to give birth and raise her daughter. She reported it, but the rapist in her case was promoted while my sister was for all intents and purposes fired, belittled and accused of lying when she had absolutely nothing to gain from lying. So for many years she lived a lie about some guy who died after she was pregnant just to save face with family, friends and employers.
For many women a rape accusation is opening themselves to another rape by public opinion.      
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 01:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It appears Antonio Brown will be allowed to play on Sunday in spite of the rape accusation and civil pending case against him.

What if AB was a Bengal? Should we play him?

If we played him, how would the National media react?

I always said innocent until proven guilty so he should be permitted to play. But, would national media hold Bengals to a higher standard?

You created a thread to complain and whine like a victim, based on nothing.  Lol

Antonio Brown is not on the Bengals

The Bengals are not playing him (you know, since he doesnt play for the team) so the National Media  cant react 

Would the media hold the bengals to a higher standard?  ha, You are making things up to complain and feel like we're disadvantaged.

Very weak stuff, but i guess after decades of irrelevance, this is what fans go to.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2019, 10:29 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Fred, you are an attorney so help us out.

Is it possible her attorney advised her to not go the police because she has no credible evidence, told her she has a 10% or low chance to get a conviction. So suggested she go right to a civil trial where the burden of proof is a lot less than a court of law. 

What good would gong to the police do if it is a he said she said accusation? It would hard to get a prosecutor to take it to trial I would think because only 1 jury needed to have a shadow of a doubt and case lost.

Good point.

In a he-said-she-said situation a prosecuting attorney will usually take a case to trial even if they know they don't have a strong chance of a convistion.  They feel it is up to the jury to let the guy go.  But every case is different and sometimes there is strong evidence (that we may not even know about) that the woman is not being truthful.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2019, 01:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Good point.

In a he-said-she-said situation a prosecuting attorney will usually take a case to trial even if they know they don't have a strong chance of a convistion.  They feel it is up to the jury to let the guy go.  But every case is different and sometimes there is strong evidence (that we may not even know about) that the woman is not being truthful.

Lol. I’m new here but take this advice.

Stop lying to people online and telling them you're an attorney.

It’s abundantly clear based on your reply that you’re lying.

Stop purporting
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2019, 02:03 PM)WhoDeyDelight Wrote: Lol.  I’m new here but take this advice.

Stop purporting

I forgot what your last user name was before you got banned recently...just a couple weeks ago.

Help me out?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2019, 12:03 PM)WhoDeyDelight Wrote: You created a thread to complain and whine like a victim, based on nothing.  Lol

Antonio Brown is not on the Bengals

The Bengals are not playing him (you know, since he doesnt play for the team) so the National Media  cant react 

Would the media hold the bengals to a higher standard?  ha, You are making things up to complain and feel like we're disadvantaged.

Very weak stuff, but i guess after decades of irrelevance, this is what fans go to.

Thanks for your input and opinion. I am also glad you can read minds. You must be rich and a great poker player.  Hilarious

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2019, 02:03 PM)WhoDeyDelight Wrote: Lol.  I’m new here but take this advice.

Stop purporting

I am curious. Are you going to try and add value the thread or attack others?  Smirk

Reply/Quote

Stop purporting

Yawn
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2019, 02:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I forgot what your last user name was before you got banned recently...just a couple weeks ago.

Help me out?

(09-14-2019, 02:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Thanks for your input and opinion. I am also glad you can read minds. You must be rich and a great poker player.  Hilarious

Take it easy on him.

He just acts this way because he needs attention.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2019, 04:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Take it easy on him.

He just acts this way because he needs attention.

So, you’re a lawyer? Let’s see how long you can carry this.
Reply/Quote