Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Optics
It appears Antonio Brown will be allowed to play on Sunday in spite of the rape accusation and civil pending case against him.

What if AB was a Bengal? Should we play him?

If we played him, how would the National media react?

I always said innocent until proven guilty so he should be permitted to play. But, would national media hold Bengals to a higher standard?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 01:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It appears Antonio Brown will be allowed to play on Sunday in spite of the rape accusation and civil pending case against him.

I always said innocent until proven guilty so he should be permitted to play. But, would national media hold Bengals to a higher standard?

the headlines would be typical bengals… 

but its okay for the patriots.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 01:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It appears Antonio Brown will be allowed to play on Sunday in spite of the rape accusation and civil pending case against him.

Bengal or not I think AB should be allowed to play. Telling players they cant work and earn their paycheck because of mere allegations is a dangerous path to start going down. I didnt agree with the Zeke suspension as well.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 01:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: But, would national media hold Bengals to a higher standard?

Seeing as people are convinced the media is out to portray us as a franchise that is filled to the brim with convicts and thugs I don't see how we can also assume the media would hold us to a higher standard.

What is the national media even saying about this?  
Reply/Quote
How can they keep him from playing when the owner of his team is a verified sex criminal???

The new patriot way. From murderers to sexual deviants. Nice.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 02:01 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: How can they keep him from playing when the owner of his team is a verified sex criminal???  

The new patriot way.  From murderers to sexual deviants.  Nice.

Meh, it's not like the idea of rich guys getting away with stuff is specifically found within the NFL alone.  It's just the way it is. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 01:46 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Bengal or not I think AB should be allowed to play. Telling players they cant work and earn their paycheck because of mere allegations is a dangerous path to start going down. I didnt agree with the Zeke suspension as well.

Exactly, anyone with a mouth can throw out accusations. Many times they are not true. It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if everything she said is true and if so AB should go to prison, but people should not be punished for an accusation. Let the investigation take place and give him his due process. I for one would not want to be in the shoes of someone falsely accused and be immediately judged guilty and untouchable by any and everyone.
Reply/Quote
I think these should be handled on a case-by-case basis. I don't expect the NFL to be able to fully investigate every detail of ever case, but they should have the discretion to keep someone from playing if there is strong evidence of wrong doing.

I think that is the way most businesses would handle it. If the police catch a guy beating hell out of his girlfriend he should not be able to play pending his court date. But in cases like this one with Brown I'd probably let him play.

I don't know how much the NFL can find out, but I think they should investigate as much as possible before making a decision.
Reply/Quote
Considering Adam Jones got no suspension for the one incident at a bar with a female, and only one game for his last incident I don't see how any Bengal fan can claim the NFL is out to get our players.
Reply/Quote
I dont like Brown one bit but I don't believe in punishment before proven guilty
Reply/Quote
No one is allowed to say it out loud but the fact she continued to go back for 2 years to keep getting raped is highly questionable.

Probably why no overreaction by the NFL or Pats. But due diligence for the optics.

If he was a Bengal who knows.

But this feels like a money grab (probably when she realized he wasn't leaving his wife for her after the 2 year affair).

And she still hasn't filed a police report.....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 02:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: No one is allowed to say it out loud but the fact she continued to go back for 2 years to keep getting raped is highly questionable.

Everyone is allowed to say that.  In fact that is one of the biggest issues in this case.
Reply/Quote
Here on message boards and social media. The league, pats, etc can't say it. They have to take the allegation seriously.

But their actions (or lack thereof) speaks volumes.

Reply/Quote
All I know is they have an owner invoived with sextrafficking/prostitution A starting safety charged with posession of cocaine and a player whose failed more drug tests than Bengals have playoff games before even mentioning AB all active on Sunday way to win with integrity Pats. Imagine if all that happened here?Media would be in a frenzy with the pitchforks out
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 03:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: Here on message boards and social media. The league, pats, etc can't say it. They have to take the allegation seriously.

But their actions (or lack thereof) speaks volumes.

The way you describe them also speaks volumes.

She claims there were two incidents (not forcible rapes) in 2017 that caused her to sever relations with Brown.  She only agreed to work with him again when he promised not to make any more advances on her.  Then she claimed there was a forcible rape after which she had no more contact with him.

Not exactly "going back for two years to keep getting raped".  Why did you choose to phrase it that way?

This is a perfect example of the stuff women have to deal with when making allegations of rape or sexual assault against a popular figure.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 03:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The way you describe them also speaks volumes.

She claims there were two incidents (not forcible rapes) in 2017 that caused her to sever relations with Brown.  She only agreed to work with him again when he promised not to make any more advances on her.  Then she claimed there was a forcible rape after which she had no more contact with him.

Not exactly "going back for two years to keep getting raped".  Why did you choose to phrase it that way?

This is a perfect example of the stuff women have to deal with when making allegations of rape or sexual assault against a popular figure.

What are you talking about. You admitted yourself I didn't say anything that wasn't already being said....

Matter a fact, you admitted it being one of the biggest issues with her case.

I think it's just common sense.

Did she just hire you on as an attorney? Is that why the sudden change of reaction?

I think you are right with your original statement. This is the argument being made by many, not just me.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 03:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a perfect example of the stuff women have to deal with when making allegations of rape or sexual assault against a popular figure.

I think the amount of false lawsuits and money grabs makes it hard to believe either way just based off words.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 03:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: What are you talking about. You admitted yourself I didn't say anything that wasn't already being said....

I am talking about the way you phrased your description of her actions.

She did not "go back for two years to keep getting raped".  That is a complete misstatement of what she alleges happened.  The fact that she went back to work with him after the first incidents are an issue, but they didn't happen the way you phrase it.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 03:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think you are right with your original statement. This is the argument being made by many, not just me.

The argument being made is that she went back to being his trainer after he acted inappropriately.  She alleges she was only forcibly raped once and never had anything to do with him after that.

She did not "go back for 2 years to keep getting raped."
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2019, 02:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: No one is allowed to say it out loud but the fact she continued to go back for 2 years to keep getting raped is highly questionable.

Probably why no overreaction by the NFL or Pats. But due diligence for the optics.

If he was a Bengal who knows.

But this feels like a money grab (probably when she realized he wasn't leaving his wife for her after the 2 year affair).

And she still hasn't filed a police report.....

No one is allowed to say that?  That's funny, I could have sworn I've heard this argument before...
Reply/Quote