Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bengals Ownership Growing Impatient with Marvin Lewis
(04-06-2016, 04:55 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: There were rumors right after the season when coordinators were interviewing with other teams, that Guenther was being groomed as the next HC. At this point I'm willing to give anybody else a shot, so we can finally move on from Lewis. He's been a great turn around HC, but he just doesn't have that killer instinct or ability to perform under pressure.

How many other coaches were being "groomed"??  Zimmer...then Hue...

I personally don't buy it whatsoever.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 05:42 PM)GodFather Wrote: How many other coaches were being "groomed"??  Zimmer...then Hue...

I personally don't buy it whatsoever.

I don't remember anything concrete on Zimmer being groomed. I believe Marvin actually said he tried to keep Hue around by offering to step down in a year or two.

It sucks that we missed out on Zimmer though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Who isn't getting tired of it? I mean, of course they are. So is the players and fans. This goes without saying
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 05:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It sucks that we missed out on Zimmer though.

Truer words have never been spoken.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 01:37 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: He went through the drive-thru... "They always F you at the drive-thru!!"

(04-06-2016, 03:14 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: no kidding, they really do. Drive-Thrus are the worseristed ways to get your food...always go in and check your order before you leave.

On a side note, back in the late 80's, a bunch of people and I went to Traverse City, Michigan for a drug induced weekend. On the way home, we stopped at a McDonalds and they messed up just one of the orders. They were really nice and the manager gave the person who's order that was messed up a coupon for, get this, "A Meal Disguised as a Sandwich". That's what the coupon said and needless to say, it was for a free Big Mac, lol.
It was a reference to a classic scene.  Check it out.

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It's about damn time lol

No seriously

lol

SO glad we let 2 potential replacements get away.

Reply/Quote
If Marv wins the Super Bowl this year, does he get a bronze statue of himself outside of PBS?
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 08:17 PM)bonesaw Wrote: If Marv wins the Super Bowl this year, does he get a bronze statue of himself outside of PBS?

Yes and a giant gold one in the middle of the city as well.

Reply/Quote
Big Grin 
(04-06-2016, 01:37 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Only because he messed up Mikey's Skyline order.

Not anything football related.

He went through the drive-thru... "They always F you at the drive-thru!!"

Right, But...Skyline did do some good things, they just need to work harder and keep their poise. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 08:17 PM)bonesaw Wrote: If Marv wins the Super Bowl this year, does he get a bronze statue of himself outside of PBS?

Better he said he would retire ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Good news.  They aren't actually impatient, yet.  Just growing impatient.  They think they like impatient, they are flirting with impatient, they just don't know if they're ready for a relationship with impatient.  Don't want to rush into anything too soon.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 01:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The 2013 and 2015 teams were probably the best team in the playoffs outside of the Pats. 

Even with McCarron we should've beaten the Steelers at home, and we definitely should've beaten the Chargers at PBS.

HarleyDog approves this message!

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 05:01 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I fully expect Guenther to be our next HC.

I hope not. Zimmer was the guy to do that with and they didn't.

If they do fail to win a postseason game yet again in 2016, and they move on from Lewis, they need to do a 100% house cleaning. Bring in all new guys who have no history of postseason failure. 100% clean slate with all the postseason failure washed away.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 08:47 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Good news.  They aren't actually impatient, yet.  Just growing impatient.  They think they like impatient, they are flirting with impatient, they just don't know if they're ready for a relationship with impatient.  Don't want to rush into anything too soon.

Katie has swiped right on Marvin so many times at this point the app doesn't even bring him up anymore.

Seriously though.  They know that if they were to make a move before he has any sort of post season success, they will look like absolute fools for keeping him around so long and letting fantastic coaches like zimmer pass through their stubby brown fingers.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 04:55 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: There were rumors right after the season when coordinators were interviewing with other teams, that Guenther was being groomed as the next HC. At this point I'm willing to give anybody else a shot, so we can finally move on from Lewis. He's been a great turn around HC, but he just doesn't have that killer instinct or ability to perform under pressure.

I don't know about any actual "rumors", other than the ones created in our minds on this board.  However, it would have been excellent to turn over a roster this talented to such a dutiful taskmaster as Mike Zimmer. 

My personal "guess" is that he wanted too much institutional control for the Bengals front office to be comfortable with turning everything over.

(04-06-2016, 05:01 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I fully expect Guenther to be our next HC.

We'll see.  I was much more impressed with his defensive product this past season, than I was in his "rookie" year as DC.  With the changes in personnel, particularly in the secondary, we shall truly see what Pauly G. is made of, this year.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 05:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't remember anything concrete on Zimmer being groomed. I believe Marvin actually said he tried to keep Hue around by offering to step down in a year or two.

It sucks that we missed out on Zimmer though.

I feel like its all hearsay including this article. We're talking Mike Brown here who gives Lewis an extension after a 4-12 season and again and again after playoff losses. We as fans go into watching these playoff games knowing a Marvin led Bengals will lose the first game, but that little part of us in the back of our head is saying, "yeah but what if the is the year we get over the hump and win?"

Its as predictable as Marvin Lewis post game and season rap...he should record himself so next time it happens he can just press play.
Reply/Quote
Can't believe any of you are taking this guy serious.

Check out another story he got from his "sources"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2625187-insider-buzz-several-teams-interested-in-greg-hardy-aiming-for-2-year-deal?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=web-mob-art-vid-16

This thread reminds me a lot of what is going on with the presidential election.  If some people hear what they want to hear they don't care if it is true or not.

Red meat for the Marvin haters.
Reply/Quote
According to sources means exactly nothing. Someone has nothing to write about names unnamed sources he can't name..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 02:22 AM)grampahol Wrote: According to sources means exactly nothing.  Someone has nothing to write about names unnamed sources he can't name..

Sounds about right to me....
Reply/Quote
Mike is about 4 years behind the general consensus of people who actually have a clue.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote